These release notes for Kubuntu 17.04 (Zesty Zapus) provide an overview of the release and document the known issues with Kubuntu 17.04.
Kubuntu 17.04 will be supported for 9 months.
Plasma 5.9 - Designed to be a Breeze, Plasma 5 is simple by default, powerful when needed
Plasma 5, the new generation of KDE's desktop has been developed to make it smoother to use while retaining the familiar setup.
KDE Applications 16.12.3
Kubuntu comes with KDE Applications 16.12.3 containing all your favourite apps from KDE, with the exception of PIM and related products.
Other release highlights
- KDE Frameworks 5.31
- Calligra Office Suite updated to Qt/KF5 version 3.0.1
- Krita latest bugfix release - after this popular and advanced digital painting application was split from Calligra.
- K3B updated to a Qt5/KF5 preview snapshot of the upcoming release from KDE Applications 17.04.
- Okular PDF and document reader is now Qt/KF5 in applications 16.12
- Kdevelop is now the most recent bugfix release of the 5.0.x series.
- Numerous application and translation updates from KDE.
Getting Kubuntu 17.04
Upgrading from 16.10
Download a Disk Image
Getting KDE PIM 16.12.3 packages from backports PPAs
We missed by a whisker getting updated PIM 16.12.3 (kontact, kmail, akregator, kgpg etc..) into Zesty for release day, and we believe it is important that our users have access to this significant update.
Therefore packages for PIM 16.12.3 release are now available in the Kubuntu backports PPAs.
Instructions for installing and installation options can be found in the announcement on our main webiste:
Please read the announcement carefully before installing.
(1638473) Blank screen after running oem-config
(1530523) Kcm_driver_manager: Infinitely shows Collecting information. Workaround: run sudo update-apt-xapian-index in the commandline before running Driver Manager, or run Muon
(1442512) Apport-kde crash when reporting bugs
(1449265) accounts kcm can not change user's password because kdepasswd is missing
(1451728) kde-config-telepathy-accounts package install error
(1514491) kubuntu desktop inconsistency and integration issues: scrollbars. gtk3 button placement also not integrated
(1561745) OEM config fails to remove itself
Before reporting bugs, please ensure your system is up to date.