Specification & Design
- Greeter needs to be fully themeable.
- Decorate using image (e.g. /usr/share/lightdm-greeter-gtk/images/panel.png)
- Orientation (top/bottom) needs to be configurable (greeter.conf)
- Inherited from GTK theme (greeter.conf)
- Inherited from icon theme (greeter.conf)
- Special icons (if any are used) needs to be changeable (e.g. /usr/share/lightdm-greeter-gtk/images/...)
- Panel lacks features and should take a page from unity-greeter which has a far more usability.
- Add volume indicator
- Add computer name
- Add keyboard layout indicator
- Add clock indicator
- Add a face browser to the greeter.
Discussion / Comments
I'm not sure the tabs really work for listing users, at least it seems very un-intuitive to me. What I liked about the previous, more sketchy mockup, was that the computer name went into the otherwise rather empty panel and that the login-box was kinda reduced in complexity and size. Now it contains lots of widgets and elements again. --Simon