|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
My name is Elvira Martínez, I'm from Cali, Colombia but living at Honduras right now. I'm using Ubuntu since 04/2008 and I signed the code of conduct on 2008/10/01. I belong to the Ubuntu-hn team and I would like to make this community grow together. I rebooted Ubuntu Honduras community with my friend Fabián Rodríguez support who convinced me and made me believe that this was possible.
E-mail: undisclosed, please use this form
- IRC: tatica1 on network irc.freenode.net
Objectives in the Ubuntu community
- Keep learning about Ubuntu to support Honduras community.
- Support the Ubuntu community in general with all project we propose.
- Work enthusiastically in Honduras to make know Ubuntu as the best choice of Free Software that everyone should have and that anyone can use.
Objectives in the community of Ubuntu Colombia
- Support the community even if I am not in Colombia right now. Even through IRC Channel, list or giving any help to any member.
- Help in a future to the community activities if I return to Colombia or in some way do it from here.
Objectives in Ubuntu Honduras community
- To make grow and help the community of Ubuntu Honduras to become a bigger and stronger community.
- Assist and support the community in all activities that we carry out.
- Learn about Ubuntu in order to teach others here in Honduras to enter to Ubuntu's world also.
- Invite and convince others in Honduras to try Ubuntu until I can prove that is the best choice ever and that everyone can use it.
My participation in Ubuntu
Members of the team in San Pedro Sula, we have been organizing some activities such as Pizza Bash and Coffee Bash this year, with the aim of gathering more people wanting to support the team and its activities. I have participated in some IRC meetings for the purpose of organizing with the team some the activities we have planned.
Linux Tour San Pedro Sula
I have worked in the the Linux Tour project coordinating it with two of other members of Ubuntu Honduras Team, Diego Turcios and Luis Araya. Some friends from Nicaragua helped us in this project that was a success, Norman García (Ubuntu Nicaragua) and Neville Cross (GNU/Linux Nicaragua community. This activity was realized at UNITEC University, march 20, 2009.
I helped Diego Turcios with the coordination of Flisol 2009 proyect, realized at the Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazán, April 25, 2009.
Future Ubuntu plans
* To help grow the Ubuntu Honduras community and engage people to support us in carrying out various projects and help us promote the use of Ubuntu in Honduras.
* Encourage team members to make our channel # ubuntu-hn a friendly place where anyone feels like to go for help or support.
* Work closely with the rest of the team for the realization of Ubuntu Tour and reach as many schools and colleges to convince them that Ubuntu is the best choice in Software.
* Organize the project "Ubuntu for every school" and give the opportunity to every school in low economic resources, to have at least one or two computers running Ubuntu.