Project Brief 16th January 2010
Saturday, 16th January 2010 at 1100 UTC/GMT in #ubuntu-manual on irc.freenode.net
- Roll Call
- Welcome to our new members
- Changes since last meeting (new editing team, ToC, LaTeX stuff etc)
- Style and content of margin notes
- Style and content of in-line definition notes
- Making the project more self-documenting
- Format of the credits
- Style of the footer - and header?
- Font colours review
- Indentation review
- Page type - A4, US Letter, or both?
- Screenshot and image resolutions and guide - captions? Figures?
- Glossary format and assignee
- Index and assignee
- Chapter heading review
- Title page proposals
- Feedback from Ubuntu Forums questionnaire
- Are we still on track?
Meeting started at 1105 UTC.
The meeting had around 10 active participants to being with. Most of the meeting was discussing style and formatting of various parts of LaTeX. There was quite a bit of voting, here are the results:
Vote: "Should margin notes be exclusively used for cross references?" Result: 6 for, 2 against.
Vote: Warnings and IMPORTANT things are in the paragraph, with formatting to highlight the importance. Cross references and background info are in the margins. Remove in-line notes altogether. Final result is 10 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 10
Vote: Should the notes have colour? Final result is 0 for, 6 against. 0 abstained. Total: -6
Vote: Should the margin notes be on the right? Final result is 8 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 8
Self documenting: Decided to leave it as is, improve readme in the branch. Point to wiki for more info.
Credits: Three columns, no bullet points. Smaller font.
Footer: Number + chapter title on left, page number on right.
Vote: Font colours stay the same. Final result is 5 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 5
Decided we are on track. No further questions/feedback. Next meeting Saturday 30th January 2000 UTC.
Meeting ended at 1230 UTC.