Project meeting 26/02/2011
The IRC log is available here
- Ideas for improving ubuntu-manual.org.
- Ideas for improving the manual.
- Feedback on Project Leader and Editor-in-Chief Roles.
- Quickshot team feedback.
- Discussion into providing the manual in other formats (e.g. ePub).
- Manual Project promotion.
- Any Other Business.
- Godbyk (Chair)
- popey (When his name was mentioned)
Ideas for improving ubuntu-manual.org
- Test Site - Getting involved / designer / programmer pages need updating
- Test Site - Be more speific on what volunteers are needed for
- Site should be contain info detailing what people are needed for
- We need: Volunteers for the above
Ideas for improving the manual
- We should have a chapter detailing Alternate applications.
- [ACTION] c7p will research the most frequently used applications in Windows and Mac OS X and will suggest suitable replacements under Ubuntu. Maybe in the Learning more chapter
Feedback on Project Leader and Editor-in-Chief Roles
Job descriptions look okay. We will now prepare them for advertisement.
[ACTION] ChrisWoollard will mark up the job descriptions and application process
- [ACTION] godbyk will post it to the ubuntu-manual.org site.
[ACTION] godbyk will create a email@example.com email address to receive job applications.
[ACTION] ChrisWoollard will send the application details to popey for inclusion in the podcast.
Quickshot team feedback
Write a job description for Quickshot developers. Available here.
- Godbyk have a brief chat with Jenkins, but still doesn't know what needs to be done.
- Documentation is still outstanding.
- [ACTION] Chase the quickshot developers for a todo list of skills to continue quickshot developement.
Discussion into providing the manual in other formats (e.g. ePub)
- [ACTION] Godbyk to look into using Docbook as the source format.
[ACTION] ChrisWoollard to ask Dinda about the toolchain for the conversion of the developer manual to Docbook.
- (c7p)There shouldn't be the option of translating an edition of the manual if this edition isn't complete, cause there is dissatisfaction and confusion among translators.
Manual Project promotion
Write a job description for promotions manager. Available here.
Any Other Business
Info Only - The style guide is now here https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual-of-style so can be used with other projects (e.g. The Ubuntu Developer Manual).
ACTION [ChrisWoollard] - Schedule next meeting for 2 weeks time.