vb2py is a project maintained by Paul Paterson.
Project home page with documentation and downloads:
vb2py will automatically translate Visual Basic code to Python. There is both a command line version where you can translate individual files in a project, and a GUI where you can load a .vbp project file and convert it to Python.
Here is how you install it in 10 simple steps:
1. We need to solve some dependencies: sudo apt-get install pythoncard python-simpleparse
2. Download the command-line tool (and the GUI) from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=79297
3. Unpack these files (just right-click and choose "Unpack here" - or double-click to open and drag-and-drop).
4. Open a terminal and change directory to the command-line tool cd <where you extracted it>/vb2py-0.2.2
5. Install the command-line tool sudo python setyp.py install
6. Change directory to the GUI application cd <where you extracted it>/vb2pygui-0.2.2
7. Install the GUI sudo python setup.py install
8. Create a desktop launcher (shortcut) * Right-click your desktop * Choose "Create Launcher" * Name: vb2py (or whatever you see fit) * Command: python /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/vb2pygui/vb2pyGUI.pyw * Choose a nice icon, click OK
9. Start vb2pyGUI by double-clicking your launcher on the desktop
10. Load your VisualBasic project file (*.vbp)
If you need more information and documentation, visit the project home page: