November

  • Meeting 2011-11-25

    • Chair: Andrew Mitchell
    • Present: Allison Randal, St├ęphane Graber, Bhavani Shankar, Jonathan Carter, Luke Faraone
    • Apologies: Shane Fagan
  • Action Review
    • DONE: Explore a "patch pilot" program, where ARB members take scheduled slots.
    • DONE: Checked that nothing was copied over to the Precise repository
  • MyApps access

  • Review pilot scheme
    • Allison had taken the first session a week prior to the meeting, creating packaging for a few applications & submitting one to Debian

  • Issues to resolve
  • Applications submitted that aren't 'useful'
    • Discussion of what guidelines we should use for rejecting applications summarised on http://pad.ubuntu.com/arb-guidelines

      • Submissions should be applications, not stand-alone documentation or media (image bundles, fonts, movies).
      • Apps should not be forks of existing applications in the Ubuntu archive (main/universe/etc).
      • Apps must be useful or interesting to a general audience.
      • The process only applies to a specific version of an application (e.g. PyJunior 1.0 or PyJunior 1.2).

      • No other software can depend on the application being submitted (e.g. development libraries should be submitted to main/universe or upstream to Debian instead).
      • Applications must be Free/Libre/Open Source software. We follow the Ubuntu Licensing Policy [http://people.canonical.com/~cjwatson/ubuntu-policy/policy.html/ch-archive.html#s-ulp].

      • When an application is approved as part of this process, Ubuntu developers may make changes or improvements to a package before it is uploaded to the archive or after it is in the archive.
      • Applications must be able to be built with tools & libraries in the Ubuntu archive. Apps may bundle additional libraries they depend on, but may not include new versions of already packaged libraries.

  • Backports & ARB submissions

    • ARB applications should be able to depend on backported libraries
    • [ACTION] Andrew to ask about technical limitations of ARB apps depending on backported packages
  • Next meeting time:
    • Last Friday of December doesn't work well for most people, next meeting time was decided as 9th december, 18:00 UTC where we'll decide if we need a mid-January meeting.
    • Next chair for meeting is St├ęphane Graber

AppReviewBoard/TeamReports/11/November (last edited 2011-12-07 23:06:35 by vps)