20090519

Log of meeting on 05/19/09

General Agenda Items and Proposals

PLEASE COME TO THE MEETINGS PREPARED.

This means:

  1. If there is an issue for the team, add it to the agenda.
  2. Agenda items then should be discussed "informally" on #ubuntufourms-beginners. 90 % of the discussion should have taken place before the meeting. The channel should be enjoyable for everyone, but keep in mind the purpose of the channel is to discuss team functions.
  3. Ideally, meetings then are for decision making, team votes. Read the agenda and discuss your thoughts before the meeting. 10 % (or less) of the discussion should happen during the meeting.
  4. Agenda items that require more then 5 minutes of discussion may need to be deferred.

Who

What

swoody

Removing 'New User Network' in favor of UFBT?

PartyBoi2

Sending Agenda items to mailing list?

Bodsda

FG meetings time change from TBA to a real time (e.g can we have some fg meetings please)

Agenda discussion

Sending Agenda items to mailing list:

When an agenda item is added to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings should a email be sent to the mailing list for further discussion of agenda item?

Log

   1 [00:00] <bodhi_zazen> #startmeeting
   2 
   3 [00:00] <MootBot> Meeting started at 18:00. The chair is bodhi_zazen.
   4 
   5 [00:00] <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
   6 
   7 [00:00] <bodhi_zazen> :)
   8 
   9 [00:01] <bodhi_zazen> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  10 
  11 [00:01] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  12 
  13 [00:01] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] elections
  14 
  15 [00:01] <MootBot> New Topic:  elections
  16 
  17 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> last meeting we discussed elections of the FG leads
  18 
  19 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> is this something the team is interested in ?
  20 
  21 [00:02] <paultag> +1
  22 
  23 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> Or shall we allow bodhi_zazen to appoint ?
  24 
  25 [00:02] <Ash_R> +1
  26 
  27 [00:02] <jamesrfla> +1
  28 
  29 [00:02] <lukjad007> I prefer appointments
  30 
  31 [00:02] <thewrath> appointments
  32 
  33 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> Should we vote ?
  34 
  35 [00:03] <Rocket2DMn> Is there anybody out there who wants to be a lead who currently isn't?  If not, then it's a moot point
  36 
  37 [00:03] <MontelEdwards> am i allowed to speak/agree/dissagree?
  38 
  39 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> yes MontelEdwards
  40 
  41 [00:03] <MontelEdwards> shweet
  42 
  43 [00:04] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] Elections ? +1 == elections -1 = appointment by bz
  44 
  45 [00:04] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Elections ? +1 == elections -1 = appointment by bz.
  46 
  47 [00:04] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
  48 
  49 [00:04] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
  50 
  51 [00:04] <bodhi_zazen> +0
  52 
  53 [00:04] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhi_zazen. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 0
  54 
  55 [00:04] <Rocket2DMn> +0
  56 
  57 [00:04] <Snova> -1
  58 
  59 [00:04] <MootBot> -1 received from Snova. 0 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -1
  60 
  61 [00:04] <MootBot> Abstention received from Rocket2DMn. 0 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -1
  62 
  63 [00:04] <paultag> -1
  64 
  65 [00:04] <MootBot> -1 received from paultag. 0 for, 2 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -2
  66 
  67 [00:04] <thewrath> -1
  68 
  69 [00:04] <MootBot> -1 received from thewrath. 0 for, 3 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -3
  70 
  71 [00:04] <Ash_R> -1
  72 
  73 [00:04] <MootBot> -1 received from Ash_R. 0 for, 4 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -4
  74 
  75 [00:04] <faolan> +1
  76 
  77 [00:04] <jamesrfla> -1
  78 
  79 [00:04] <MootBot> +1 received from faolan. 1 for, 4 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -3
  80 
  81 [00:04] <MootBot> -1 received from jamesrfla. 1 for, 5 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -4
  82 
  83 [00:04] <PartyBoi2> +0
  84 
  85 [00:04] <MootBot> Private +1 vote received. 2 for, 5 against, 2 have abstained. Count is now -3
  86 
  87 [00:04] <MootBot> Abstention received from PartyBoi2. 2 for, 5 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now -3
  88 
  89 [00:04] <lukjad007> -1
  90 
  91 [00:04] <MootBot> -1 received from lukjad007. 2 for, 6 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now -4
  92 
  93 [00:04] <ds305> +0
  94 
  95 [00:04] <MootBot> Abstention received from ds305. 2 for, 6 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now -4
  96 
  97 [00:05] <MontelEdwards> +1
  98 
  99 [00:05] <swoody> -1
 100 
 101 [00:05] <MootBot> -1 received from swoody. 2 for, 7 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now -5
 102 
 103 [00:05] <duanedesign> +1
 104 
 105 [00:05] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 3 for, 7 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now -4
 106 
 107 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> Anyone else ?
 108 
 109 [00:05] <sdennie> +0
 110 
 111 [00:05] <MootBot> Abstention received from sdennie. 3 for, 7 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now -4
 112 
 113 [00:05] <PartyBoi2> I thought we were going to be using votebot still for voting?
 114 
 115 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 116 
 117 [00:05] <MootBot> Final result is 3 for, 7 against. 5 abstained. Total: -4
 118 
 119 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> Votebot == too slow >:)
 120 
 121 [00:06] <PartyBoi2> ok
 122 
 123 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> we voted at last meeting to use Mootbot
 124 
 125 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> OK, well that makes this meeting much shorter then :)
 126 
 127 [00:06] <lukjad007> Haha
 128 
 129 [00:06] <Ash_R> :)
 130 
 131 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> Lets run the teams :)
 132 
 133 [00:07] <Ash_R> sounds good
 134 
 135 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> learning / education ?
 136 
 137 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> Vantrax: poke :)
 138 
 139 [00:07] <st33med> lrn2work
 140 
 141 [00:07] <Rocket2DMn> Vantrax|Work, good timing - anythin gto say on education fg?
 142 
 143 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/
 144 
 145 [00:07] <Vantrax|Work> busy busy busy
 146 
 147 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> We are going to present out project to the CC on June 2nd
 148 
 149 [00:08] <Vantrax|Work> trip to community council soon, then a big announcment
 150 
 151 [00:08] <st33med> bodhi_zazen, nice little packaged management tutorial :D
 152 
 153 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> so if you have the time to support the idea, awesome
 154 
 155 [00:08] <Rocket2DMn> Cool, good luck!
 156 
 157 [00:08] <st33med> Though, you should update a little more often
 158 
 159 [00:08] <st33med> >.>
 160 
 161 [00:08] <Vantrax|Work> work checking the link there, at the bottom is a series of links on programs for you all to give your input
 162 
 163 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> link st33med ?
 164 
 165 [00:08] <jamesrfla> nice wiki for the education fg
 166 
 167 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> I am working on the server
 168 
 169 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> trying to decide
 170 
 171 [00:09] <st33med> bodhi_zazen, eh? I was talking about your work in your education class
 172 
 173 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> apache vs lighttpd ?
 174 
 175 [00:09] <faolan> sounds like an interesting project
 176 
 177 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> mysql vs postrad ?
 178 
 179 [00:09] <Vantrax|Work> jamesrfla, that wiki isnt for the edu fg, the project is outside the BT, but the education FG is one of the primary contributors
 180 
 181 [00:09] <jamesrfla> bodhi_zazen: will you be hosting it at your house?
 182 
 183 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> Oh, thanks st33med :)
 184 
 185 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> no james
 186 
 187 [00:10] <Vantrax|Work> its colocated on an isp line
 188 
 189 [00:10] <st33med> You said you updated every three months on your server >.>
 190 
 191 [00:10] <Rocket2DMn> bodhi_zazen, i bet pleia2 could have some good input for you on that
 192 
 193 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> we have a new domain as well
 194 
 195 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> ufbt.net
 196 
 197 [00:10] <jamesrfla> bodhi_zazen: you could if you had Oc.1
 198 
 199 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> OK
 200 
 201 [00:10] <MontelEdwards> o/
 202 
 203 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> IRC FG ?
 204 
 205 [00:10] <paultag> jamesrfla, this is not talk for the meeting :) bring it to -uf-begin
 206 
 207 [00:10] <paultag> bodhi_zazen, Hola
 208 
 209 [00:10] <paultag> So, I am talking over for Joeb on the IRC front
 210 
 211 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC]IRC FG
 212 
 213 [00:10] <MootBot> New Topic: IRC FG
 214 
 215 [00:10] <Vantrax|Work> team page if anyone is interested https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-learning
 216 
 217 [00:11] <paultag> I am looking to start expanding the IRC team a bit, working to include more people and help integrate more with the wider ubuntu community
 218 
 219 [00:11] <bodhi_zazen> paultag: update wiki pages please :)
 220 
 221 [00:11] <paultag> We will be looking for interested members, and yes bodhi_zazen, I'll get to updating :)
 222 
 223 [00:11] <paultag> any questions?
 224 
 225 [00:11] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Wiki FG
 226 
 227 [00:11] <MootBot> New Topic:  Wiki FG
 228 
 229 [00:11] <Rocket2DMn> yes hi
 230 
 231 [00:12] <Rocket2DMn> Just to let you all know, the 2009 Summer of Documentation has started!
 232 
 233 [00:12] <Rocket2DMn> If you're interested in helping, please talk to me after the meeting.  All contributions are welcome.
 234 
 235 [00:12] <Rocket2DMn> that is all :)
 236 
 237 [00:12] <MontelEdwards> oh bodhi_zazen: could we talk a little about the new team domain?
 238 
 239 [00:13] <MontelEdwards> i mean, later
 240 
 241 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> yes MontelEdwards
 242 
 243 [00:13] <MontelEdwards> later on in the meeting**
 244 
 245 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Any other FG ?
 246 
 247 [00:13] <MootBot> New Topic:  Any other FG ?
 248 
 249 [00:14] <Ash_R> yes.  i have a query
 250 
 251 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> I would like to limit the discussion to major FG / updates ;)
 252 
 253 [00:14] <st33med> What about the Stalker FG >.>
 254 
 255 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> Forums are awwesome, thanks everyone :)
 256 
 257 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> go Ash_R
 258 
 259 [00:14] <sdennie> The Stalker FG, it if existed, has no updates.
 260 
 261 [00:14] <st33med> riiiiight
 262 
 263 [00:14] <st33med> :)
 264 
 265 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> st33med: I can neither confirm or deny the presence of Stalkers
 266 
 267 [00:14] <Ash_R> what happened to the discussion about the euro/asian fg?  i have not heard anything for a while
 268 
 269 [00:15] <st33med> </conspiracy>
 270 
 271 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> I am in favor Ash_R
 272 
 273 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> but I do not know if it came together
 274 
 275 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> the point is to have meetings / discussions at alternate times
 276 
 277 [00:15] <st33med> I saw lots of emails about it in my inbox :)
 278 
 279 [00:15] <Ash_R> i would like to help set it up,  if possible
 280 
 281 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> I do not know if there is enough interest
 282 
 283 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> coordinate with forest :)
 284 
 285 [00:16] <lukjad007> What would happen if one FG came to one decision, but the other came to a radically differing one?
 286 
 287 [00:16] <bodhi_zazen> I would like to see it, primarily as a means of communication and involving regions outside of the US
 288 
 289 [00:16] <Vantrax|Work> bodhi_zazen is the king, he decides
 290 
 291 [00:16] <lukjad007> Just wondering.
 292 
 293 [00:16] <Joeb454> lukjad007: having a euro/asian fg would require somebody who attends the normal meetings
 294 
 295 [00:16] <Joeb454> to attend the other meetings
 296 
 297 [00:16] <bodhi_zazen> yes, forest was going to coordinate
 298 
 299 [00:16] <lukjad007> Joeb454 Well, I guess that makes sense
 300 
 301 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> the point would be to allow the FG lead to vote by proxy as well ;)
 302 
 303 [00:17] <Ash_R> i intend to try and go to both.
 304 
 305 [00:17] <lukjad007> Joeb454 The next meeting is Friday, right?
 306 
 307 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> any other FG ?
 308 
 309 [00:17] <Joeb454> lukjad007: for what? =/
 310 
 311 [00:17] <lukjad007> Forum council
 312 
 313 [00:17]  * lukjad007 is getting mixed up with all the acronyms
 314 
 315 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> swoody: poke
 316 
 317 [00:18]  * thewrath same here
 318 
 319 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] NUN
 320 
 321 [00:18] <st33med> Alphabet soup, anyone?
 322 
 323 [00:18] <MootBot> New Topic:  NUN
 324 
 325 [00:18] <swoody> heya bodhi_zazen :)
 326 
 327 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu#New%20User%20Network
 328 
 329 [00:18] <Vantrax|Work> NUN = dead
 330 
 331 [00:18] <st33med> bodhi_zazen, shun!
 332 
 333 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> The NUN have disbanded and are all but extinct
 334 
 335 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> +1 for replacing :)
 336 
 337 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> w/ UFBT
 338 
 339 [00:19] <st33med> Delete@!
 340 
 341 [00:19] <Rocket2DMn> Do we have authority to replace that team?  Who founded and coordinated it?
 342 
 343 [00:19] <swoody> bodhi_zazen:  +1
 344 
 345 [00:19] <Vantrax|Work> UFBT replace NUN
 346 
 347 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> [ACTION] bodhi_zazen to appoint FG leads
 348 
 349 [00:19] <MootBot> ACTION received:  bodhi_zazen to appoint FG leads
 350 
 351 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] Replace NUN with UFBT ?
 352 
 353 [00:19] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Replace NUN with UFBT ?.
 354 
 355 [00:19] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 356 
 357 [00:19] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 358 
 359 [00:19] <swoody> I had emailed both people listed as 'moderators' for the team, but  no response from either one of them
 360 
 361 [00:19] <jamesrfla> +1
 362 
 363 [00:19] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 364 
 365 [00:19] <st33med> +
 366 
 367 [00:19] <Vantrax|Work> +1
 368 
 369 [00:19] <MootBot> +1 received from Vantrax|Work. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 370 
 371 [00:19] <st33med> +1
 372 
 373 [00:19] <MootBot> +1 received from st33med. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 374 
 375 [00:20] <swoody> +1
 376 
 377 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> I am not sure we need to ask permission, it is a wiki, just edit I would think
 378 
 379 [00:20] <duanedesign> +1
 380 
 381 [00:20] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 382 
 383 [00:20] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 384 
 385 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 386 
 387 [00:20] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 388 
 389 [00:20] <Ash_R> +1
 390 
 391 [00:20] <MootBot> +1 received from Ash_R. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 392 
 393 [00:20] <lukjad007> +1
 394 
 395 [00:20] <Joeb454> 0
 396 
 397 [00:20] <MootBot> +1 received from lukjad007. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
 398 
 399 [00:20] <Vantrax|Work> Verify that we can first, maybe at the same CC meeting?
 400 
 401 [00:20] <Joeb454> er
 402 
 403 [00:20] <Joeb454> +0
 404 
 405 [00:20] <MootBot> Abstention received from Joeb454. 8 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 8
 406 
 407 [00:20] <lukjad007> nun=none, right?
 408 
 409 [00:20] <ds305> +0
 410 
 411 [00:20] <MootBot> Abstention received from ds305. 8 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 8
 412 
 413 [00:20] <lukjad007> :P
 414 
 415 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> NUN = New User Network
 416 
 417 [00:20] <lukjad007> >.<
 418 
 419 [00:20] <st33med> What was it?
 420 
 421 [00:20] <Joeb454> I don't know much about what NUN or how we intend to replace it, but I like the sound of it
 422 
 423 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> We can ask at June 2nd meeting ;)
 424 
 425 [00:20] <nathangrubb> +0
 426 
 427 [00:20] <MootBot> Abstention received from nathangrubb. 8 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 8
 428 
 429 [00:20] <Vantrax|Work> exactly what is says
 430 
 431 [00:20] <Rocket2DMn> I don
 432 
 433 [00:20] <lukjad007> I never heard of it, so I don't like it
 434 
 435 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 436 
 437 [00:20] <MootBot> Final result is 8 for, 0 against. 3 abstained. Total: 8
 438 
 439 [00:20] <Rocket2DMn> dont know anything aobut it
 440 
 441 [00:21] <Vantrax|Work> it lasted for a month or two
 442 
 443 [00:21] <Ash_R> it seems to mirror beginners team purpose
 444 
 445 [00:21] <st33med> Competition?
 446 
 447 [00:21] <Vantrax|Work> great idea, burned bright, and burned out fast
 448 
 449 [00:21] <st33med> Was it by Grant A? XD
 450 
 451 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> [ACTION] Replace NUN => UFBT -> ask at June 2nd meeting (we should add that to the CC agenda)
 452 
 453 [00:21] <MootBot> ACTION received:  Replace NUN => UFBT -> ask at June 2nd meeting (we should add that to the CC agenda)
 454 
 455 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> swoody: ^^
 456 
 457 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> Partyboi ?
 458 
 459 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> no party here I see >:)
 460 
 461 [00:22] <lukjad007> Ha
 462 
 463 [00:22] <MontelEdwards> parti left
 464 
 465 [00:22] <st33med> PARTY?
 466 
 467 [00:22] <st33med> WHERE?
 468 
 469 [00:22] <swoody> bodhi_zazen:  you want me to bring it up on the 2nd?
 470 
 471 [00:22] <MontelEdwards> lol st33med
 472 
 473 [00:22] <lukjad007> st33med Two doors to the left
 474 
 475 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> put it on the agenda if you would ?
 476 
 477 [00:22] <swoody> sure thing :)
 478 
 479 [00:22]  * st33med enters the room to find several whores on the bed
 480 
 481 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> you can put it under my name :)
 482 
 483 [00:22] <st33med> ...
 484 
 485 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> I will bring it up
 486 
 487 [00:22] <MontelEdwards> lmao st33med haha
 488 
 489 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] UFBT agenda to UFBT mailing list ?
 490 
 491 [00:23] <MootBot> New Topic:  UFBT agenda to UFBT mailing list ?
 492 
 493 [00:23] <swoody> bodhi_zazen:  ok, will do :)
 494 
 495 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> I would +1 that if someone wants to do it
 496 
 497 [00:23] <lukjad007> 0
 498 
 499 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> personally , IMO, that is what we use a wiki page for
 500 
 501 [00:23]  * lukjad007 rides the fence
 502 
 503 [00:23] <jamesrfla> bodhi_zazen: what would you have to do?
 504 
 505 [00:23] <Rocket2DMn> I think it should be up to whoever adds an item to the agenda - if they feel it should go to the list, then they can start the thread
 506 
 507 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> and that is why one can subscribe to wiki pages >:)
 508 
 509 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> generate an email based on wiki page
 510 
 511 [00:24] <jamesrfla> doesn't seem to hard
 512 
 513 [00:24] <Vantrax|Work> it would be a nice idea to sent it out the day before
 514 
 515 [00:25] <jamesrfla> So send a e-mail with the agenda on it. Would a like to the wiki meeting page work?
 516 
 517 [00:26] <duanedesign> thats sn idea
 518 
 519 [00:26] <bodhi_zazen> As I said, I do not mind an email, but someone else will need to volunteer to generate the email :)
 520 
 521 [00:26] <Ash_R> i like the idea
 522 
 523 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> No bods ?
 524 
 525 [00:27] <Vantrax|Work> i vote wiki FG to do it:P
 526 
 527 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> Bods poke :)
 528 
 529 [00:27] <MontelEdwards> sorry lost power for a second
 530 
 531 [00:27] <Rocket2DMn> Vantrax|Work, i decline
 532 
 533 [00:27] <Rocket2DMn> I'm not doing other people's work for them
 534 
 535 [00:27] <duanedesign> have stalking FG do it
 536 
 537 [00:27] <lukjad007> duanedesign +1
 538 
 539 [00:27] <Ash_R> duanedesign: +1
 540 
 541 [00:28] <lukjad007> Carried
 542 
 543 [00:28] <lukjad007> >:)
 544 
 545 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> [Action] Email UFBT agenda to UFBT mailing list the day before if we have a volunteer to do it, otherwise subscribe to meeting page please :)
 546 
 547 [00:28] <MootBot> ACTION received:  Email UFBT agenda to UFBT mailing list the day before if we have a volunteer to do it, otherwise subscribe to meeting page please :)
 548 
 549 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> And I think that is it :)
 550 
 551 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> any other agenda items ?
 552 
 553 [00:29] <MontelEdwards> domain....
 554 
 555 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] NEW MEMBERS
 556 
 557 [00:29] <MootBot> New Topic:  NEW MEMBERS
 558 
 559 [00:29] <lukjad007> My favourate part
 560 
 561 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> TuxPurple has been nominated for membership :)
 562 
 563 [00:29] <TuxPurple> :)
 564 
 565 [00:29] <Ash_R> hooray :)
 566 
 567 [00:29] <Joeb454> -9000
 568 
 569 [00:29] <lukjad007> TuxPurple !
 570 
 571 [00:29] <jamesrfla> bodhi_zazen: I might be able to do the volunteer job. I just need something to remind my self that I need to do but all I need is a note
 572 
 573 [00:29] <Joeb454> j/k
 574 
 575 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> He needs no introduction, he is a penguin, he's purple ....
 576 
 577 [00:29] <lukjad007> +2
 578 
 579 [00:29] <Vantrax|Work> +++
 580 
 581 [00:29] <Rocket2DMn> thats almost as good as pink!
 582 
 583 [00:30] <Ash_R> +10
 584 
 585 [00:30] <MontelEdwards> ha
 586 
 587 [00:30] <lukjad007> +30
 588 
 589 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> anyone have any questions b4 we vote ?
 590 
 591 [00:30] <Rocket2DMn> link to wiki page?
 592 
 593 [00:30] <TuxPurple> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TuxPurple
 594 
 595 [00:30] <Ash_R> can we have tazmanian devils in the team ;)
 596 
 597 [00:30] <Rocket2DMn> thanks
 598 
 599 [00:30] <Vantrax|Work> who is his master?
 600 
 601 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TuxPurple
 602 
 603 [00:30] <Ash_R> forest
 604 
 605 [00:30] <lukjad007> TuxPurple do you promise to uphold the laws and regulations govern...
 606 
 607 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TuxPurple
 608 
 609 [00:30] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TuxPurple
 610 
 611 [00:30] <TuxPurple> Vantrax|Work, forestpixie
 612 
 613 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> master = forest, who is not here :(
 614 
 615 [00:31] <sdennie> Ash_R: For the 2.6.29 kernel, the official icon was actually changed from a penguin to a tazmanian devil.
 616 
 617 [00:31] <st33med> ...
 618 
 619 [00:31] <Vantrax|Work> if pixie thinks he's ready thats enough for me
 620 
 621 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] TuxPurple for membership
 622 
 623 [00:31] <MootBot> Please vote on:  TuxPurple for membership.
 624 
 625 [00:31] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 626 
 627 [00:31] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 628 
 629 [00:31] <jamesrfla> +1
 630 
 631 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 632 
 633 [00:31] <swoody> +1
 634 
 635 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 636 
 637 [00:31] <sdennie> +1
 638 
 639 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from sdennie. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 640 
 641 [00:31] <Ash_R> +1
 642 
 643 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from Ash_R. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 644 
 645 [00:31] <lukjad007> +2
 646 
 647 [00:31] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 648 
 649 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 650 
 651 [00:31] <Joeb454> +1
 652 
 653 [00:31] <lukjad007> +1
 654 
 655 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from Joeb454. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 656 
 657 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 658 
 659 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from lukjad007. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 660 
 661 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
 662 
 663 [00:31] <MootBot> Private +1 vote received. 9 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 9
 664 
 665 [00:31] <duanedesign> +1
 666 
 667 [00:31] <st33med> +1
 668 
 669 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 10 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 10
 670 
 671 [00:31] <Vantrax|Work> note... it was a tazmanian devil pretending to be a penguin
 672 
 673 [00:31] <lukjad007> +1
 674 
 675 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from st33med. 11 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 11
 676 
 677 [00:31] <Vantrax|Work> +1
 678 
 679 [00:31] <lukjad007> +1
 680 
 681 [00:31] <MootBot> +1 received from Vantrax|Work. 12 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 12
 682 
 683 [00:31] <lukjad007> +1
 684 
 685 [00:32] <Joeb454> lukjad007....
 686 
 687 [00:32] <lukjad007> Yes?
 688 
 689 [00:32] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 690 
 691 [00:32] <MootBot> Final result is 12 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 12
 692 
 693 [00:32] <Ash_R> congratulations TuxPurple!
 694 
 695 [00:32] <lukjad007> I just wanted to make sure he got a fair vote...
 696 
 697 [00:32] <lukjad007> Congrats tuxlinux
 698 
 699 [00:32] <bodhi_zazen> [ACTION] Please welcome the Tux Purple :)
 700 
 701 [00:32] <MootBot> ACTION received:  Please welcome the Tux Purple :)
 702 
 703 [00:32] <TuxPurple> thanks everyone :)
 704 
 705 [00:32] <lukjad007> Congrats TuxPurple
 706 
 707 [00:32] <Rocket2DMn> cool, congrats!
 708 
 709 [00:32] <thewrath> hey TuxPurple
 710 
 711 [00:32] <thewrath> welcome
 712 
 713 [00:32] <TuxPurple> thank you :D
 714 
 715 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] ufbt.net
 716 
 717 [00:33] <MootBot> New Topic:  ufbt.net
 718 
 719 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> yes MontelEdwards ?
 720 
 721 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> I registered a domain
 722 
 723 [00:33] <Ash_R> how is ufbt going to be different from the wiki?  what is its purpose?
 724 
 725 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> will use it temp to host teh moodle project
 726 
 727 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> ;)
 728 
 729 [00:34] <MontelEdwards> Yes, i was thinking that we should brainstorm things for a homepage or either forwarding it to wiki, whatever team decides.
 730 
 731 [00:34] <Ash_R> ah,  i understand
 732 
 733 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> +1 team ?
 734 
 735 [00:36] <Vantrax|Work> forward to wiki until we have a use for it id think
 736 
 737 [00:36] <Ash_R> forward to wiki
 738 
 739 [00:36] <bodhi_zazen> I was going to park a home page soon, theme to match learning site ?
 740 
 741 [00:36] <MontelEdwards> I think that a homepage would be nice, a list of members. Kinda a intro to the team
 742 
 743 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> no, no, forward to UCLP
 744 
 745 [00:37] <Rocket2DMn> i thought we were going to use learn.ubuntu.com
 746 
 747 [00:37] <Vantrax|Work> bodhi_zazen, in that case sounds good
 748 
 749 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> Any other topics ?
 750 
 751 [00:37] <Vantrax|Work> Rocket2DMn, we have to have something first:P
 752 
 753 [00:37] <Rocket2DMn> yeah, but why did we register ufbt.net?
 754 
 755 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> we list team members on LP and I really do not want to duplicate work
 756 
 757 [00:38] <bodhi_zazen> If team members want a personal home page or something, I would host that
 758 
 759 [00:38] <duanedesign> we could post Boudoir Photos of ourselves
 760 
 761 [00:38] <jamesrfla> bodhi_zazen: I will take the agenda e-mailing job.
 762 
 763 [00:38] <swoody> +1 duanedesign :)
 764 
 765 [00:38] <bodhi_zazen> If team members want to practice / learn servers, I am offering VPS or cheap
 766 
 767 [00:38] <Ash_R> this sounds an awfully lot like our wiki's
 768 
 769 [00:38]  * MontelEdwards Rocket2DMn: had a free promo code for godaddy which he gave to bodhi_zazen 
 770 
 771 [00:38] <thewrath> bodhi_zazen: how cheap?
 772 
 773 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> 10 / month for 256 RAM + I think 5 Gb HD space
 774 
 775 [00:39] <duanedesign> bodhi_zazen: I have been enjoying my VPSe a lot
 776 
 777 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> + 10 for initial set up
 778 
 779 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> and I will support you as time allows
 780 
 781 [00:39] <Vantrax|Work> bandwidth limits?
 782 
 783 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> When you "grow up" , fivebean is probably a better deal
 784 
 785 [00:40] <duanedesign> like if your dumb enough to shut off your ssh server:)
 786 
 787 [00:40] <bodhi_zazen> total of 500 Gb / month
 788 
 789 [00:40] <Rocket2DMn> fivebean :) all hail u-g!
 790 
 791 [00:40] <bodhi_zazen> divided , so I am asking team not to abuse it
 792 
 793 [00:40] <MontelEdwards> bodhi_zazen: pay via paypal?
 794 
 795 [00:40] <bodhi_zazen> yes, I can send a requst for payment via paypal
 796 
 797 [00:40] <bodhi_zazen> contact me if you are interested
 798 
 799 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> 256 Mb is a ton with VPS ;)
 800 
 801 [00:41] <Vantrax|Work> thats enough to run just about anything
 802 
 803 [00:41] <MontelEdwards> k
 804 
 805 [00:41] <thewrath> bodhi_zazen:  would we be able to do stuff with apache,. etc?
 806 
 807 [00:41] <lukjad007> That's it for the meeting?
 808 
 809 [00:41] <jamesrfla> you don't need much just as long as it isn't using a GUI
 810 
 811 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> Oh, and you are responsible for registering a domain, noip or otherwise
 812 
 813 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> thewrath: yes
 814 
 815 [00:41] <lukjad007> Night all
 816 
 817 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> paultag: poke
 818 
 819 [00:41] <Ash_R> lukjad007: i think so
 820 
 821 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> link to your VPS please :
 822 
 823 [00:42] <lukjad007> Night Ash_R
 824 
 825 [00:42] <MontelEdwards> night lukjad007
 826 
 827 [00:42]  * lukjad007 waves at the world
 828 
 829 [00:42] <lukjad007> Night MontelEdwards
 830 
 831 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> any other team issues ?
 832 
 833 [00:42] <thewrath>  bodhi_zazen could you post on the wiki a complete page with the specs
 834 
 835 [00:42] <thewrath> including, hd space, bandwidth, etc
 836 
 837 [00:43] <lukjad007> kthnxbai
 838 
 839 [00:43] <bodhi_zazen> 256 RAM
 840 
 841 [00:43] <bodhi_zazen> 5 Gb HD
 842 
 843 [00:43] <duanedesign> o/
 844 
 845 [00:43] <bodhi_zazen> and as I said, total 500 Gb bandwidth, so should be plenty
 846 
 847 [00:43] <MontelEdwards> hah i love lukjad's quit message
 848 
 849 [00:43] <bodhi_zazen> the 500 Gb is shared between all VPS and the moodle site
 850 
 851 [00:43] <Ash_R> bodhi_zazen:  is the meeting over?
 852 
 853 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> I think so ...
 854 
 855 [00:44] <duanedesign> bodhi_zazen: on the team reporting page....
 856 
 857 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> #endmeeting
 858 
 859 [00:44] <MootBot> Meeting finished at 18:44.
 860 


CategoryBeginnersTeam

BeginnersTeam/Meetings/20090519 (last edited 2009-07-01 12:14:32 by nhandler)