20090616

General Agenda Items and Proposals

PLEASE COME TO THE MEETINGS PREPARED.

This means:

  1. If there is an issue for the team, add it to the agenda.
  2. Agenda items then should be discussed "informally" on #ubuntufourms-beginners. 90 % of the discussion should have taken place before the meeting.
  3. Meetings are primarily for decision making/team votes. Read the agenda and discuss your thoughts before the meeting. 10 % (or less) of the discussion should happen during the meeting.
  4. Agenda items that require more then 5 minutes of discussion may need to be deferred.

Who

What

nhandler

Add ~ubuntu-beginners-council as administrator for all Ubuntu Beginners Team Launchpad teams.

Ash R

Add a logo to the beginners team social group as mentioned here

nhandler / Paultag

Discuss purpose of the council

nhandler

Team Renaming

Bodsda

FG meetings please!

Agenda discussion

Log

   1 [00:10] <nhandler> #startmeeting
   2 
   3 [00:10] <MootBot> Meeting started at 18:10. The chair is nhandler.
   4 
   5 [00:10] <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
   6 
   7 [00:10] <nhandler> Ok, time for the Ubuntu Beginners Team meeting
   8 
   9 [00:10] <nhandler> [TOPIC] Add ~ubuntu-beginners-council as administrator for all Ubuntu Beginners Team Launchpad teams
  10 
  11 [00:10] <MootBot> New Topic:  Add ~ubuntu-beginners-council as administrator for all Ubuntu Beginners Team Launchpad teams
  12 
  13 [00:11] <nhandler> Discussion has already taken place on the mailing list about this topic, and it appears that a good portion of the team has no objections to this
  14 
  15 [00:11] <bodhizazen> :)
  16 
  17 [00:11] <jamesrfla> Welcome bodhizazen
  18 
  19 [00:11] <nhandler> Hey bodhizazen, feel free to take over, I'll just send the MootBot commands :)
  20 
  21 [00:12] <bodhizazen> do we have an agenda ?
  22 
  23 [00:12] <Bodsda> o/ I have no objections
  24 
  25 [00:12] <nhandler> Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  26 
  27 [00:12] <jamesrfla> bodhizazen: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  28 
  29 [00:12] <Bodsda> bodhizazen: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings/#General%20Agenda%20Items%20and%20Proposals
  30 
  31 [00:12] <nhandler> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  32 
  33 [00:12] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  34 
  35 [00:13] <bodhizazen> got it :)
  36 
  37 [00:13] <bodhizazen> I think it is a good idea nhandler
  38 
  39 [00:13] <nhandler> To summarize the agenda item, by having the council as an admin, they would be able to add/remove members as well as modify various details about the team. They would not take over running the teams, this would be left to the Focus Group Leaders
  40 
  41 [00:14] <Rocket2DMn> Does this apply to the umbrella team as well?
  42 
  43 [00:14] <bodhizazen> I also feel we should consolidate LP wiki pages and mailing lists where at all possible
  44 
  45 [00:15] <nhandler> bodhizazen: All mailing lists aside from the main team one and the council one should have been disabled
  46 
  47 [00:15] <nhandler> Rocket2DMn: This would apply to all teams except ~ubuntu-beginners-council
  48 
  49 [00:15] <bodhizazen> IMO it is important to be able to administrate these LP teams if an administrator goes AWOL (which has not happened recently, but is a problem when it occurs).
  50 
  51 [00:15] <Rocket2DMn> do we know if the other mailing lists have been disabled?
  52 
  53 [00:15] <Bodsda> the original ufbt mailing list no longer works
  54 
  55 [00:16] <Rocket2DMn> thats b/c the team name changed
  56 
  57 [00:16] <nhandler> Rocket2DMn: Yes. Unless they have been manually recreated, they were all deleted when the teams were renamed
  58 
  59 [00:16] <Rocket2DMn> ok, thanks nhandler
  60 
  61 [00:16] <bodhizazen> sweet
  62 
  63 [00:16] <nhandler> Think we can vote on this issue?
  64 
  65 [00:16] <bodhizazen> I do not feel our mailing list is so active that we really need more then one list at this tiem
  66 
  67 [00:16] <bodhizazen> +1vote :)
  68 
  69 [00:17] <Rocket2DMn> agreed bodhizazen , we discussed that a few months ago
  70 
  71 [00:17] <Bodsda> +1
  72 
  73 [00:17] <nhandler> [VOTE] Add ~ubuntu-beginners-council as administrator for all Ubuntu Beginners Team Launchpad teams.
  74 
  75 [00:17] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Add ~ubuntu-beginners-council as administrator for all Ubuntu Beginners Team Launchpad teams..
  76 
  77 [00:17] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
  78 
  79 [00:17] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
  80 
  81 [00:17] <nhandler> +1
  82 
  83 [00:17] <bodhizazen> +1
  84 
  85 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from nhandler. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
  86 
  87 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhizazen. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
  88 
  89 [00:17] <swoody> +1
  90 
  91 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
  92 
  93 [00:17] <Ash_R> +1
  94 
  95 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from Ash_R. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
  96 
  97 [00:17] <Bodsda> +1
  98 
  99 [00:17] <jgoguen> bodhizazen: +1
 100 
 101 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from Bodsda. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 102 
 103 [00:17] <MontelEdwards> +1
 104 
 105 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from MontelEdwards. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 106 
 107 [00:17] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 108 
 109 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 110 
 111 [00:17] <Snova> +1
 112 
 113 [00:17] <jgoguen> +1
 114 
 115 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from Snova. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
 116 
 117 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 9 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 9
 118 
 119 [00:17] <drs305> +1
 120 
 121 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 10 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 10
 122 
 123 [00:17] <bgs100> +1
 124 
 125 [00:17] <MootBot> +1 received from bgs100. 11 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 11
 126 
 127 [00:18] <nhandler> Any more votes?
 128 
 129 [00:18] <ibuclaw> +1
 130 
 131 [00:18] <st33med> +1
 132 
 133 [00:18] <MootBot> +1 received from ibuclaw. 12 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 12
 134 
 135 [00:18] <MootBot> +1 received from st33med. 13 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 13
 136 
 137 [00:18] <bodhizazen> lol
 138 
 139 [00:18] <MontelEdwards> Think that was it, lol
 140 
 141 [00:18] <nhandler> #endvote
 142 
 143 [00:18] <st33med> I just came in lol
 144 
 145 [00:19] <st33med> I didn't know what I voted on so... I SCREWED THE VOTES, RECOUNT!
 146 
 147 [00:19] <st33med> XD
 148 
 149 [00:19] <nhandler> [ENDVOTE]
 150 
 151 [00:19] <MootBot> Final result is 13 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 13
 152 
 153 [00:19] <Vantrax> lol
 154 
 155 [00:19] <nhandler> [ACTION] nhandler to contact LP team owners to get necessary permission changes made
 156 
 157 [00:19] <MootBot> ACTION received:  nhandler to contact LP team owners to get necessary permission changes made
 158 
 159 [00:20] <bodhizazen> thank you nhandler
 160 
 161 [00:20] <nhandler> [AGREED] Add ~ubuntu-beginners-council as administrator for all Ubuntu Beginners Team Launchpad teams.
 162 
 163 [00:20] <MootBot> AGREED received:  Add ~ubuntu-beginners-council as administrator for all Ubuntu Beginners Team Launchpad teams.
 164 
 165 [00:20]  * cprofitt apologizes for being late
 166 
 167 [00:20] <nhandler> [TOPIC]        Add a logo to the beginners team social group
 168 
 169 [00:20] <MootBot> New Topic:      Add a logo to the beginners team social group
 170 
 171 [00:20] <Vantrax> we have a social group?
 172 
 173 [00:20] <Ash_R> On ubuntu forums the social group Beginner Team Members  [ http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?groupid=79 ] lacks a logo.  It has the default question mark.   Should it not be changed to something else,  such as the logo used on launchpad ( https://launchpadlibrarian.net/15997130/branding.png ) ?   Another idea,  could be to do a similar logo to that of the unanswered posts team ( http://ubuntuforums.org/image.php?groupid=52&dateline=1229
 174 
 175 [00:20] <Ash_R> 849008 ) .  If any action is to be taken I think only bodhi can change the logo as he created the social group.
 176 
 177 [00:21] <Ash_R> any thoughts?
 178 
 179 [00:21] <bodhizazen> I am "OK" with that, but to be honest was consiering disbanding the social group as we all hang on IRC
 180 
 181 [00:21] <MontelEdwards> bodhizazen: all hang?
 182 
 183 [00:21] <MontelEdwards> what do you mean?
 184 
 185 [00:21] <bodhizazen> LOL
 186 
 187 [00:22] <Bodsda> if we keep the social group, which i dont think brings anything to the team, then we should get a logo, but I have no issues with disbanding it
 188 
 189 [00:22] <bodhizazen> hang-out, ie are active on IRC
 190 
 191 [00:22] <nhandler> Are there any reasons to have the social group?
 192 
 193 [00:22] <Bodsda> MontelEdwards: we are an IRC orientated team
 194 
 195 [00:22] <cprofitt> bodhizazen, I would not disband
 196 
 197 [00:22] <Bodsda> who work heavily on the forums
 198 
 199 [00:22] <nhandler> cprofitt: Why not?
 200 
 201 [00:22] <cprofitt> it still serves as an ad that we exist
 202 
 203 [00:22] <bodhizazen> When we started the team, social groups were the rage
 204 
 205 [00:22] <nhandler> Don't we have a moderated user group on the forums already?
 206 
 207 [00:23] <Ash_R> nhandler,  wasn't it a place to introduce ourselves not only to the team but also to the forum based community
 208 
 209 [00:23] <bodhizazen> now we have irc and mailing lists and what noe
 210 
 211 [00:23] <bodhizazen> *not*
 212 
 213 [00:23] <MontelEdwards> woah woah woah, do you mean take away the team IRC?
 214 
 215 [00:23] <Ash_R> some may bot be on irc
 216 
 217 [00:23] <Bodsda> MontelEdwards: no
 218 
 219 [00:23] <Ash_R> *not
 220 
 221 [00:23] <cprofitt> I do not see a reason to have more than one social group, but keeping one would still serve a purpose
 222 
 223 [00:23] <cprofitt> and does no harm
 224 
 225 [00:23] <MontelEdwards> Bodsda: then what?
 226 
 227 [00:23] <bodhizazen> Well, the problem was ...
 228 
 229 [00:23] <nhandler> Ash_R: If they have any intention of joining the team, they will need to get on IRC
 230 
 231 [00:23] <bodhizazen> we got a ton of join requests from non-members
 232 
 233 [00:24] <bodhizazen> so ...
 234 
 235 [00:24] <Bodsda> MontelEdwards: the forums have social groups, just a little team page thingy.. we have one but hardly use it
 236 
 237 [00:24] <bodhizazen> we made 2 social groups
 238 
 239 [00:24] <bodhizazen> one moderated, members only
 240 
 241 [00:24] <bodhizazen> the other unmoderated
 242 
 243 [00:24] <bodhizazen> over time it seems the social groups have been used less and less
 244 
 245 [00:25] <bodhizazen> if we keep it, I am OK with adding an icon
 246 
 247 [00:25] <MontelEdwards> Oh forget that then
 248 
 249 [00:25] <cprofitt> if it was causing some damage I could see getting rid of it...
 250 
 251 [00:25] <cprofitt> but it really does no harm...
 252 
 253 [00:25] <Bodsda> it does no harm keeping it
 254 
 255 [00:25] <nhandler> Should we vote on this?
 256 
 257 [00:25] <swoody> I'm in favor of keeping, and adding an icon
 258 
 259 [00:25] <cprofitt> and people looking at members profiles will see it and see that a group exists
 260 
 261 [00:25] <Ash_R> its a subtle minor change :)
 262 
 263 [00:25] <nhandler> [VOTE] Delete the UBT Social Group on the Forums?
 264 
 265 [00:25] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Delete the UBT Social Group on the Forums?.
 266 
 267 [00:25] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 268 
 269 [00:25] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 270 
 271 [00:25] <jamesrfla> +1 nhandler
 272 
 273 [00:25] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 274 
 275 [00:26] <jamesrfla> oh
 276 
 277 [00:26] <cprofitt> -1
 278 
 279 [00:26] <Bodsda> -1
 280 
 281 [00:26] <MootBot> -1 received from cprofitt. 1 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 0
 282 
 283 [00:26] <MootBot> -1 received from Bodsda. 1 for, 2 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -1
 284 
 285 [00:26] <nhandler> +0
 286 
 287 [00:26] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 1 for, 2 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -1
 288 
 289 [00:26] <Ash_R> -1
 290 
 291 [00:26] <MootBot> -1 received from Ash_R. 1 for, 3 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -2
 292 
 293 [00:26] <jamesrfla> -1
 294 
 295 [00:26] <drs305> +1
 296 
 297 [00:26] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 2 for, 3 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -1
 298 
 299 [00:26] <bodhizazen> 0
 300 
 301 [00:26] <swoody> -1
 302 
 303 [00:26] <ibuclaw> 0
 304 
 305 [00:26] <MootBot> -1 received from swoody. 2 for, 4 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -2
 306 
 307 [00:26] <bodhizazen> +0
 308 
 309 [00:26] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhizazen. 2 for, 4 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -2
 310 
 311 [00:26] <Rocket2DMn> +0
 312 
 313 [00:26] <jamesrfla> um I want to change mine to -1
 314 
 315 [00:26] <MootBot> Abstention received from Rocket2DMn. 2 for, 4 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now -2
 316 
 317 [00:26] <duanedesign> -1
 318 
 319 [00:26] <MootBot> -1 received from duanedesign. 2 for, 5 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now -3
 320 
 321 [00:26] <ibuclaw> +0
 322 
 323 [00:26] <MootBot> Abstention received from ibuclaw. 2 for, 5 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now -3
 324 
 325 [00:26] <bgs100> +0
 326 
 327 [00:26] <MootBot> Abstention received from bgs100. 2 for, 5 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now -3
 328 
 329 [00:26] <nhandler> jamesrfla: Just vote again
 330 
 331 [00:26] <Joeb454> 0
 332 
 333 [00:26] <Joeb454> +0
 334 
 335 [00:26] <MootBot> Abstention received from Joeb454. 2 for, 5 against. 6 have abstained. Count is now -3
 336 
 337 [00:26] <jamesrfla> it said I already votted
 338 
 339 [00:27] <Bodsda> jamesrfla: dont worry, its minus anyway
 340 
 341 [00:27] <nhandler> [ENDVOTE]
 342 
 343 [00:27] <MootBot> Final result is 2 for, 5 against. 6 abstained. Total: -3
 344 
 345 [00:27] <MontelEdwards> crap
 346 
 347 [00:27] <MontelEdwards> i forgot to vote
 348 
 349 [00:27] <ibuclaw> MontelEdwards, ideally, only members should vote
 350 
 351 [00:27] <nhandler> [VOTE] Add icon from Launchpad to Social Group
 352 
 353 [00:27] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Add icon from Launchpad to Social Group.
 354 
 355 [00:27] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 356 
 357 [00:27] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 358 
 359 [00:27] <jamesrfla> +1
 360 
 361 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 362 
 363 [00:27] <Joeb454> +1
 364 
 365 [00:27] <ibuclaw> +0
 366 
 367 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from ibuclaw. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 1
 368 
 369 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from Joeb454. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 2
 370 
 371 [00:27] <nhandler> +1
 372 
 373 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from nhandler. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 3
 374 
 375 [00:27] <Bodsda> +1
 376 
 377 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from Bodsda. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 4
 378 
 379 [00:27] <Ash_R> +1
 380 
 381 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from Ash_R. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
 382 
 383 [00:27] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 384 
 385 [00:27] <MontelEdwards> +1
 386 
 387 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 6 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 6
 388 
 389 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from MontelEdwards. 7 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 7
 390 
 391 [00:27] <swoody> +1
 392 
 393 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 8 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 8
 394 
 395 [00:28] <drs305> +1
 396 
 397 [00:28] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 9 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 9
 398 
 399 [00:28] <bodhizazen> +1
 400 
 401 [00:28] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhizazen. 10 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 10
 402 
 403 [00:28] <cprofitt> +0
 404 
 405 [00:28] <MootBot> Abstention received from cprofitt. 10 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 10
 406 
 407 [00:28] <duanedesign> -1
 408 
 409 [00:28] <MootBot> -1 received from duanedesign. 10 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 9
 410 
 411 [00:28] <bodhizazen> which icon do we want ?
 412 
 413 [00:28] <nhandler> bodhizazen: The icon on https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-beginners
 414 
 415 [00:28] <Snova> +1
 416 
 417 [00:28] <MootBot> +1 received from Snova. 11 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 10
 418 
 419 [00:29] <nhandler> [ENDVOTE]
 420 
 421 [00:29] <MootBot> Final result is 11 for, 1 against. 2 abstained. Total: 10
 422 
 423 [00:29] <Ash_R> bodhizazen, perhaps we should leave it open for submissions
 424 
 425 [00:29] <Ash_R> or maybe not as it would be good for unity of the logos on the forum and launchpad
 426 
 427 [00:29] <nhandler> [AGREED] Add icon from https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-beginners to Social Group
 428 
 429 [00:29] <MootBot> AGREED received:  Add icon from https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-beginners to Social Group
 430 
 431 [00:30] <nhandler> [TOPIC] Discuss purpose of the council
 432 
 433 [00:30] <MootBot> New Topic:  Discuss purpose of the council
 434 
 435 [00:30] <nhandler> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Structure#Jedi%20Council
 436 
 437 [00:30] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Structure#Jedi%20Council
 438 
 439 [00:30] <nhandler> The purpose of the council is briefly discussed above
 440 
 441 [00:30] <nhandler> Sadly, paultag is not present
 442 
 443 [00:31] <nhandler> Based on the discussion on the mailing list, it appears that several members want the council to take a more active role in the running of the team
 444 
 445 [00:31] <Bodsda> note: agenda item added (sorry for last minute addition)
 446 
 447 [00:31] <nhandler> Before doing this, I would like to decide on a clear purpose and guidelines for the council
 448 
 449 [00:31] <duanedesign> what is not being done?
 450 
 451 [00:32] <bodhizazen> icon has been changed ;)
 452 
 453 [00:32] <Bodsda> yay :)
 454 
 455 [00:32] <nhandler> [IDEA] Have council create charter to be approved at next team meeting
 456 
 457 [00:32] <MootBot> IDEA received:  Have council create charter to be approved at next team meeting
 458 
 459 [00:32] <nhandler> This is what the motu-release team did during the Jaunty cycle
 460 
 461 [00:33] <cprofitt> it may take more than one meeting to iron out a charter
 462 
 463 [00:33] <bodhizazen> I think I missed the discussion nhandler =)
 464 
 465 [00:33] <cprofitt> but the idea is sound...
 466 
 467 [00:33] <Rocket2DMn> Just FYI, I won't be here for the next meeting.   I'm leaving Friday for vacation
 468 
 469 [00:33] <cprofitt> I also did not catch this discussion on the mailing list...
 470 
 471 [00:33] <bodhizazen> what is it we want the council to do ?
 472 
 473 [00:33] <Rocket2DMn> I won't be able to participate in such a discussion at this time
 474 
 475 [00:33] <cprofitt> I will have to make sure I am on it...
 476 
 477 [00:33] <bodhizazen> in general
 478 
 479 [00:33] <cprofitt> Rocket2DMn, why?
 480 
 481 [00:33] <ibuclaw> nhandler, afaik, the "Knights" are the proactive role members in general who try to keep the peace
 482 
 483 [00:34] <Rocket2DMn> cprofitt, i can right now (this evening), but ill be gone for a few weeks starting on Friday, and I'm very busy up til then.
 484 
 485 [00:34] <nhandler> ibuclaw: I agree. I expressed my opinion on the issue on the list
 486 
 487 [00:34] <ibuclaw> the "Council" make decisions when things escalate beyond what the "Knights" can handle (ie: temp bannings, etc,etc)
 488 
 489 [00:34] <Rocket2DMn> so i wont be able to help much with putting together a proposal
 490 
 491 [00:34] <cprofitt> k
 492 
 493 [00:35] <nhandler> Rocket2DMn: Ok, we will be sure to catch you up when you return
 494 
 495 [00:35] <nhandler> [VOTE] Have council create charter to be approved at next team meeting
 496 
 497 [00:35] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Have council create charter to be approved at next team meeting.
 498 
 499 [00:35] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 500 
 501 [00:35] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 502 
 503 [00:35] <Rocket2DMn> thats fine nhandler
 504 
 505 [00:35] <Rocket2DMn> +0
 506 
 507 [00:35] <MootBot> Abstention received from Rocket2DMn. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 0
 508 
 509 [00:35] <ibuclaw> +0
 510 
 511 [00:35] <MootBot> Abstention received from ibuclaw. 0 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 0
 512 
 513 [00:35] <Bodsda> +0
 514 
 515 [00:35] <MootBot> Abstention received from Bodsda. 0 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 0
 516 
 517 [00:35] <jamesrfla> +0
 518 
 519 [00:35] <MootBot> Abstention received from jamesrfla. 0 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 0
 520 
 521 [00:35] <Ash_R> +0
 522 
 523 [00:35] <MootBot> Abstention received from Ash_R. 0 for, 0 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 0
 524 
 525 [00:35] <bodhizazen> +0
 526 
 527 [00:35] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhizazen. 0 for, 0 against. 6 have abstained. Count is now 0
 528 
 529 [00:35] <nhandler> I will abstain since I am on the council
 530 
 531 [00:35] <nhandler> +0
 532 
 533 [00:35] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 0 for, 0 against. 7 have abstained. Count is now 0
 534 
 535 [00:35] <bodhizazen> lol
 536 
 537 [00:35] <cprofitt> +0
 538 
 539 [00:35] <MootBot> Abstention received from cprofitt. 0 for, 0 against. 8 have abstained. Count is now 0
 540 
 541 [00:35] <duanedesign> +1
 542 
 543 [00:35] <swoody> +1
 544 
 545 [00:35] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 1 for, 0 against. 8 have abstained. Count is now 1
 546 
 547 [00:35] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 2 for, 0 against. 8 have abstained. Count is now 2
 548 
 549 [00:35] <Joeb454> +0
 550 
 551 [00:35] <MootBot> Abstention received from Joeb454. 2 for, 0 against. 9 have abstained. Count is now 2
 552 
 553 [00:36] <Rocket2DMn> Team members need to vote plesae
 554 
 555 [00:36] <cprofitt> I am indifferent to this... but we have been running fairly well w/o such a charter
 556 
 557 [00:36] <bodhizazen> nhandler: or someone please forward the email to me, I can not find the discussion in my inbox
 558 
 559 [00:36] <drs305> +0
 560 
 561 [00:36] <MootBot> Abstention received from drs305. 2 for, 0 against. 10 have abstained. Count is now 2
 562 
 563 [00:36] <Joeb454> I only abstained because I'm currently on the council, and we seem to be doing OK as is
 564 
 565 [00:36] <cprofitt> nhandler, please forward it to me as well
 566 
 567 [00:36] <cprofitt> unless the discussion was all today
 568 
 569 [00:36] <nhandler> [ACTION] nhandler to forward email to entire council
 570 
 571 [00:36] <MootBot> ACTION received:  nhandler to forward email to entire council
 572 
 573 [00:36] <bodhizazen> thank you :)
 574 
 575 [00:37]  * cprofitt nods
 576 
 577 [00:37] <nhandler> [ENDVOTE]
 578 
 579 [00:37] <MootBot> Final result is 2 for, 0 against. 10 abstained. Total: 2
 580 
 581 [00:37] <nhandler> [AGREED] Have council create charter to be approved at next team meeting
 582 
 583 [00:37] <MootBot> AGREED received:  Have council create charter to be approved at next team meeting
 584 
 585 [00:37] <Rocket2DMn> o/
 586 
 587 [00:37]  * bodhizazen would like to suggest there are always things to do if people would like "assignments" , lol
 588 
 589 [00:37] <duanedesign> I think the main proponent of the council taking on a more active role was ptag
 590 
 591 [00:37] <nhandler> [ACTION] Council to schedule meeting to start work on a charter
 592 
 593 [00:37] <MootBot> ACTION received:  Council to schedule meeting to start work on a charter
 594 
 595 [00:37] <Rocket2DMn> Did you want to include paultag directly in creating that charter?
 596 
 597 [00:37] <nhandler> Yes Rocket2DMn ?
 598 
 599 [00:38] <jamesrfla> bodhizazen: is there a wiki on that?
 600 
 601 [00:38] <cprofitt> woah...
 602 
 603 [00:38] <cprofitt> that was 10 abstentions... I do not think the measure passed
 604 
 605 [00:38] <nhandler> Rocket2DMn: I have no objections to including him
 606 
 607 [00:38] <bodhizazen> no jamesrfla  , we had a discussion  on a task list at one point ...
 608 
 609 [00:38] <MontelEdwards> cprofitt: is right
 610 
 611 [00:39] <nhandler> cprofitt: A vote of +0 is non-blocking on the issue
 612 
 613 [00:39] <cprofitt> nhandler, ?
 614 
 615 [00:39] <cprofitt> We had less than 50% of the members vote yes
 616 
 617 [00:39] <nhandler> cprofitt: Only a vote of -1 is considered "blocking" on an issue. +0 does not block.
 618 
 619 [00:39] <swoody> cprofitt:  but nobody voted to stop it :)
 620 
 621 [00:39] <cprofitt> if we are going to have a +1 and 20 +0s = a yes vote I will stop voting +0
 622 
 623 [00:39] <duanedesign> even if a charted is a reiteration of already established procedure, at least it was addressed
 624 
 625 [00:40] <MontelEdwards> MootBot: should take off +0 because its pointless
 626 
 627 [00:40] <cprofitt> do we have rules for votes...
 628 
 629 [00:40] <bodhizazen> abstentions do not prevent a measure from passing, you need to -1
 630 
 631 [00:40] <Rocket2DMn> duanedesign makes a good point
 632 
 633 [00:40] <cprofitt> please change my vote to a -1 then
 634 
 635 [00:40] <Rocket2DMn> we can just reiterate what we already do
 636 
 637 [00:40] <Rocket2DMn> (and dont do)
 638 
 639 [00:40] <nhandler> cprofitt: No, we have not created clear guidelines for the votes
 640 
 641 [00:40] <Hellow> What if the entire team votes +0?
 642 
 643 [00:40] <cprofitt> as the voting does not follow any rules I am familiar with
 644 
 645 [00:40] <Hellow> er, 0
 646 
 647 [00:40] <MontelEdwards> Good question habtool
 648 
 649 [00:40] <MontelEdwards> ah
 650 
 651 [00:40] <MontelEdwards> Hellow:
 652 
 653 [00:40] <nhandler> cprofitt: We have been using the standard voting procedure used by most other teams in the community
 654 
 655 [00:40] <bodhizazen> we have, however, discussed votes before
 656 
 657 [00:41] <bodhizazen> In general ....
 658 
 659 [00:41] <bodhizazen> to block an action you need to -1
 660 
 661 [00:41] <cprofitt> nhandler, I did not know we had a procedure to handle such a large contingent of +0 votes
 662 
 663 [00:41] <bodhizazen> In general if the majority of the team abstains we put the item on the next meetings agenda
 664 
 665 [00:42] <cprofitt> bodhizazen, +1
 666 
 667 [00:42] <cprofitt> that is what I thought
 668 
 669 [00:42] <Joeb454> I'd say put it on the next agenda
 670 
 671 [00:42] <nhandler> However, in this case, we are just having the council propose a charter (which won't take affect until approved at the next meeting)
 672 
 673 [00:42] <Joeb454> paultag isn't here either
 674 
 675 [00:42] <Ash_R> me too
 676 
 677 [00:42] <cprofitt> and with only 2 votes for and 10 abstentions I would not count it as passed
 678 
 679 [00:42] <Joeb454> though nhandler does have a point...
 680 
 681 [00:42] <bodhizazen> we have no "rules" for how many voting members need to be present to hold a vote or what % an action needs to pass
 682 
 683 [00:42] <MontelEdwards> bodhizazen nhandler cprofitt can we just re vote?
 684 
 685 [00:42] <bodhizazen> has been "simple majority"
 686 
 687 [00:42] <MontelEdwards> Now that we know the rulew
 688 
 689 [00:42] <bodhizazen> yes :)
 690 
 691 [00:42] <Hellow> I would have to say that 10 abstentions and 2 +1s would not pass
 692 
 693 [00:42] <zu22> hi guys
 694 
 695 [00:42] <st33med> 2/3s?
 696 
 697 [00:43] <Joeb454> MontelEdwards: you're not on the team, technically you shouldn't be voting :
 698 
 699 [00:43] <Hellow> at least, if it was under my control :)
 700 
 701 [00:43] <bodhizazen> well Hellow 2 +1 and 10 0 technically =
 702 
 703 [00:43] <nhandler> [IDEA] Discuss voting guidelines on mailing list and vote on it at next meeting
 704 
 705 [00:43] <MootBot> IDEA received:  Discuss voting guidelines on mailing list and vote on it at next meeting
 706 
 707 [00:43] <bodhizazen> 2 + votes
 708 
 709 [00:43] <st33med> 2/3s of the votes have to be +1
 710 
 711 [00:43] <zu22> 0
 712 
 713 [00:43] <bodhizazen> as abstensions are deciding not to vote
 714 
 715 [00:43] <Joeb454> +1
 716 
 717 [00:43] <bodhizazen> IMHO
 718 
 719 [00:43] <Rocket2DMn> lol, vote on voting guidelines
 720 
 721 [00:43] <MontelEdwards> Joeb454 true, but im more active than you so i dont see the point of me not voteing
 722 
 723 [00:43] <MontelEdwards> no offense
 724 
 725 [00:44] <Hellow> MontelEdwards: That's debatable, but lets discuss it in a different channel
 726 
 727 [00:44] <Hellow> Also, only team members can vote
 728 
 729 [00:44] <Hellow> eod :P
 730 
 731 [00:44] <jamesrfla> zu22: do a + then your number
 732 
 733 [00:44] <bodhizazen> MontelEdwards: you are too new to see the point
 734 
 735 [00:44] <zu22> +1
 736 
 737 [00:44] <bodhizazen> ask the young members team :)
 738 
 739 [00:44] <jamesrfla> +1
 740 
 741 [00:44] <zu22> i vote for Ubuntu Beginners Team
 742 
 743 [00:44] <zu22> :)
 744 
 745 [00:44] <MontelEdwards> bodhizazen: i have been here for 3 months
 746 
 747 [00:44] <jamesrfla> bodhizazen: young members team?
 748 
 749 [00:44] <Bodsda> MontelEdwards: please, discuss in #ubuntu-beginners
 750 
 751 [00:44] <bodhizazen> Well some of us have been here for longer
 752 
 753 [00:45]  * Hellow has been here for... over a year, I think
 754 
 755 [00:45] <bodhizazen> so please ask in a more appropriate venue, lol
 756 
 757 [00:45]  * jamesrfla about the same a Hellow probably less
 758 
 759 [00:45] <nhandler> So do we just want to discuss the voting on the mailing list for now?
 760 
 761 [00:45] <MontelEdwards> no, its been more than 3 months its 5
 762 
 763 [00:45] <Hellow> Also, lol voting on voting
 764 
 765 [00:45] <Ash_R> jamesrfla, we have a focus group :)
 766 
 767 [00:45] <Bodsda> MontelEdwards: enough, please
 768 
 769 [00:45] <Hellow> MontelEdwards: Only team members can vote. EOD.
 770 
 771 [00:45] <zu22> Bodsda +1
 772 
 773 [00:46] <Hellow> yes, +1 Bodsda
 774 
 775 [00:46] <MontelEdwards> Hellow: eod?
 776 
 777 [00:46] <Bodsda> end of discussion
 778 
 779 [00:46] <Hellow> MontelEdwards: End Of Discussion
 780 
 781 [00:46] <nhandler> [VOTE] Discuss voting guidelines on mailing list and vote on it at next meeting
 782 
 783 [00:46] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Discuss voting guidelines on mailing list and vote on it at next meeting.
 784 
 785 [00:46] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 786 
 787 [00:46] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 788 
 789 [00:46] <Bodsda> can we get back ontopic please
 790 
 791 [00:46] <cprofitt> +1
 792 
 793 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from cprofitt. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 794 
 795 [00:46] <Bodsda> +1
 796 
 797 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from Bodsda. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 798 
 799 [00:46] <zu22> +1
 800 
 801 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from zu22. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 802 
 803 [00:46] <jgoguen> +1
 804 
 805 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 806 
 807 [00:46] <swoody> +1
 808 
 809 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 810 
 811 [00:46] <Hellow> +0
 812 
 813 [00:46] <jamesrfla> +1
 814 
 815 [00:46] <MootBot> Abstention received from Hellow. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
 816 
 817 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 6 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 6
 818 
 819 [00:46] <duanedesign> +1
 820 
 821 [00:46] <bodhizazen> +0
 822 
 823 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 7 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 7
 824 
 825 [00:46] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhizazen. 7 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 7
 826 
 827 [00:46] <Rocket2DMn> +0
 828 
 829 [00:46] <MootBot> Abstention received from Rocket2DMn. 7 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 7
 830 
 831 [00:46] <MontelEdwards> +0
 832 
 833 [00:46] <MootBot> Abstention received from MontelEdwards. 7 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 7
 834 
 835 [00:46] <nhandler> +1
 836 
 837 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from nhandler. 8 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 8
 838 
 839 [00:46] <Joeb454> +1
 840 
 841 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from Joeb454. 9 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 9
 842 
 843 [00:47] <nhandler> [ENDVOTE]
 844 
 845 [00:47] <MootBot> Final result is 9 for, 0 against. 4 abstained. Total: 9
 846 
 847 [00:47] <Ash_R> +0
 848 
 849 [00:47] <nhandler> [AGREED] Discuss voting guidelines on mailing list and vote on it at next meeting
 850 
 851 [00:47] <MootBot> AGREED received:  Discuss voting guidelines on mailing list and vote on it at next meeting
 852 
 853 [00:47] <nhandler> [TOPIC] Team Renaming
 854 
 855 [00:47] <MootBot> New Topic:  Team Renaming
 856 
 857 [00:48] <nhandler> For those who have not noticed, the team has been renamed
 858 
 859 [00:48] <bodhizazen> :)
 860 
 861 [00:48] <bodhizazen> dead horse :)
 862 
 863 [00:48] <cprofitt> [LINK] http://www.robertsrules.com/faq.html#6
 864 
 865 [00:48] <MootBot> LINK received:  http://www.robertsrules.com/faq.html#6
 866 
 867 [00:48] <Rocket2DMn> what?! really!?
 868 
 869 [00:48] <Hellow> Was about to ask if we had already done thing :P
 870 
 871 [00:48] <nhandler> We went from the Ubuntu Forums Beginners Team (UFBT) to the Ubuntu Beginners Team (UBT)
 872 
 873 [00:48] <Hellow> this*
 874 
 875 [00:48] <ibuclaw> Rocket2DMn, I'm just as shocked as you
 876 
 877 [00:48] <duanedesign> \o/
 878 
 879 [00:48] <nhandler> This means that all Launchpad teams were also renamed
 880 
 881 [00:48] <bodhizazen> and the channel :)
 882 
 883 [00:48] <nhandler> So our main team is now https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-beginners
 884 
 885 [00:48] <nhandler> [LINK] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-beginners
 886 
 887 [00:48] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-beginners
 888 
 889 [00:49] <zu22> kewl
 890 
 891 [00:49] <nhandler> The Focus Group teams went from ~ubuntuforums-beginners-foo to ~ubuntu-beginners-foo
 892 
 893 [00:49] <nhandler> During this transition, the mailing lists and their archives were deleted
 894 
 895 [00:49] <bodhizazen> Rocket2DMn: It was a request from the CC really
 896 
 897 [00:49] <nhandler> However, the mailing list for the main team and for the council are now back up (but with new addresses)
 898 
 899 [00:49] <Hellow> Not really a request, more of a suggestion :P
 900 
 901 [00:49] <zu22> nhandler: lol why delete the archives? isn't that useful to have?
 902 
 903 [00:50] <nhandler> zu22: It made it a LOT easier on the LP admins. And many team members have copies if needed
 904 
 905 [00:50] <Rocket2DMn> bodhizazen, i know, i was playing dumb :)
 906 
 907 [00:50] <zu22> nhandler: ah
 908 
 909 [00:50] <nhandler> The IRC channel also moved to #ubuntu-beginners
 910 
 911 [00:50] <bodhizazen> Ah, you got me Rocket2DMn
 912 
 913 [00:50] <nhandler> Now, we are working on ensuring that all wiki pages have the correct information
 914 
 915 [00:50] <bodhizazen> lol
 916 
 917 [00:50] <swoody> o/
 918 
 919 [00:51] <nhandler> Go ahead swoody
 920 
 921 [00:51]  * bodhizazen suggests a team task / to-do list
 922 
 923 [00:51] <jamesrfla> +1 Bod
 924 
 925 [00:51] <nhandler> bodhizazen: Generating the to-do list for the transition would probably be harder than the transition itself ;)
 926 
 927 [00:51] <jamesrfla> +1 bodhizazen
 928 
 929 [00:51] <cprofitt> bodhizazen, the headers are all that likely need to be changed...
 930 
 931 [00:51] <cprofitt> so it should be simple to ensure that...
 932 
 933 [00:51] <Hellow> bodhizazen: Although I admit that would be nice, isnt that covered, at least in part, by the various agendas that we have?
 934 
 935 [00:51] <duanedesign> will #ubuntuforums-beginners eventually stop forwarding to #ubuntu-beginners?
 936 
 937 [00:51] <cprofitt> I will check the EDU team header after the meeting
 938 
 939 [00:52] <bodhizazen> no duanedesign
 940 
 941 [00:52] <nhandler> cprofitt: I think I got the headers fixed. But many pages include the mailing list URL or links to the LP page or IRC channel
 942 
 943 [00:52] <cprofitt> k
 944 
 945 [00:52] <cprofitt> I will check the EDU pages tonight
 946 
 947 [00:52] <bodhizazen> nhandler: make the to-do list generic enough to be fast and easy to maintain
 948 
 949 [00:52] <nhandler> [ACTION] cprofitt to check EDU pages
 950 
 951 [00:52] <MootBot> ACTION received:  cprofitt to check EDU pages
 952 
 953 [00:52] <Rocket2DMn> I think FG leads should check their own pages
 954 
 955 [00:52] <nhandler> bodhizazen: If it is too generic, it won't help with anything
 956 
 957 [00:52]  * MontelEdwards wouldnt mind scanning all the pages, he has nothing better to do.
 958 
 959 [00:53] <zu22> swoody: wb
 960 
 961 [00:53] <nhandler> [IDEA] Each FG Lead takes care of their own wiki pages
 962 
 963 [00:53] <MootBot> IDEA received:  Each FG Lead takes care of their own wiki pages
 964 
 965 [00:53] <duanedesign> what happened toour launchpad job thig?
 966 
 967 [00:53] <zu22> nhandler +1
 968 
 969 [00:53] <duanedesign> s/thig/thing
 970 
 971 [00:53] <bodhizazen> probably should discuss a team to-do list of some kind
 972 
 973 [00:53] <swoody> ty zu22
 974 
 975 [00:53] <zu22> [IDEA] Everyone add the new address to their .signature file
 976 
 977 [00:53] <MootBot> IDEA received:  Everyone add the new address to their .signature file
 978 
 979 [00:53] <nhandler> bodhizazen: Would you like to create one?
 980 
 981 [00:54] <bodhizazen> I would like to see if the team will use it first
 982 
 983 [00:54] <swoody> So, the renaming hasn't affected any subscriptions, correct? We don't have to re-join all the LP groups we had joined previously?
 984 
 985 [00:54] <bodhizazen> some say yea some say Ni
 986 
 987 [00:54] <nhandler> Correct swoody
 988 
 989 [00:54] <nhandler> [VOTE] Should we have a team todo list?
 990 
 991 [00:54] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Should we have a team todo list?.
 992 
 993 [00:54] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 994 
 995 [00:54] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 996 
 997 [00:54] <Ash_R> +1
 998 
 999 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from Ash_R. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
1000 
1001 [00:55] <bodhizazen> +1
1002 
1003 [00:55] <jamesrfla> +1
1004 
1005 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
1006 
1007 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhizazen. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
1008 
1009 [00:55] <cprofitt> +0
1010 
1011 [00:55] <MootBot> Abstention received from cprofitt. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 3
1012 
1013 [00:55] <swoody> +1
1014 
1015 [00:55] <Hellow> +1
1016 
1017 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 4
1018 
1019 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from Hellow. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
1020 
1021 [00:55] <zu22> +1
1022 
1023 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from zu22. 6 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 6
1024 
1025 [00:55] <duanedesign> +1
1026 
1027 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 7 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 7
1028 
1029 [00:55] <Bodsda> +0
1030 
1031 [00:55] <MootBot> Abstention received from Bodsda. 7 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 7
1032 
1033 [00:55] <drs305> +1
1034 
1035 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 8 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 8
1036 
1037 [00:55] <Rocket2DMn> -1
1038 
1039 [00:55] <MootBot> -1 received from Rocket2DMn. 8 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 7
1040 
1041 [00:55] <nhandler> +0
1042 
1043 [00:55] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 8 for, 1 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 7
1044 
1045 [00:55] <MontelEdwards> +1
1046 
1047 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from MontelEdwards. 9 for, 1 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 8
1048 
1049 [00:55] <nhandler> [ENDVOTE]
1050 
1051 [00:56] <MootBot> Final result is 9 for, 1 against. 3 abstained. Total: 8
1052 
1053 [00:56] <Hellow> MontelEdwards: Why are you voting?
1054 
1055 [00:56] <nhandler> [AGREED] Create a team todo list
1056 
1057 [00:56] <MootBot> AGREED received:  Create a team todo list
1058 
1059 [00:56] <nhandler> bodhizazen: Would you like to create it?
1060 
1061 [00:56] <bodhizazen> the only way we can restrict that Hellow is to use Votebot
1062 
1063 [00:56] <duanedesign> did we decide not to manage jobs through Launchpad?
1064 
1065 [00:56] <bodhizazen> mootbot is open
1066 
1067 [00:56] <zu22> MOntelEdwards: please respect the team guidelines. Onlt members can vote. Thank you.
1068 
1069 [00:56] <Hellow> Also, shouldnt we be more specific on what we do with our team Todo?
1070 
1071 [00:56] <nhandler> duanedesign: That was a project through the -dev FG
1072 
1073 [00:56] <MontelEdwards> bodhizazen: i cannot vote?
1074 
1075 [00:56] <bodhizazen> I will, but should discuss how to use it
1076 
1077 [00:57] <swoody> MontelEdwards:  You are not a member of the BT, so no
1078 
1079 [00:57] <bodhizazen> MontelEdwards: that has already been addressed with you ;)
1080 
1081 [00:57] <Bodsda> MontelEdwards: this is not the place. please, discuss those issues in #ubuntu-beginners
1082 
1083 [00:57] <nhandler> [ACTION] bodhizazen to create todo list
1084 
1085 [00:57] <MootBot> ACTION received:  bodhizazen to create todo list
1086 
1087 [00:57] <bodhizazen> MontelEdwards: Mootbot allows you to vote , but team rules do not :(
1088 
1089 [00:58] <jamesrfla> we had a discussion on one of these meetings
1090 
1091 [00:58] <nhandler> bodhizazen: Can we discuss how to use the todo list in the main channel and via the mailing list?
1092 
1093 [00:58]  * Hellow senses the issue of using Mootbot rising
1094 
1095 [00:58] <MontelEdwards> bodhizazen: Sorry, i wont vote any more
1096 
1097 [00:58] <MontelEdwards> I thought Hellow was just saying that, i didnt believe him
1098 
1099 [00:59] <Hellow> MontelEdwards: I never lie, even to those that I want to
1100 
1101 [00:59] <bodhizazen> mailing list or channel, does not matter
1102 
1103 [00:59] <nhandler> [TOPIC] FG meetings please!
1104 
1105 [00:59] <MootBot> New Topic:  FG meetings please!
1106 
1107 [00:59] <bodhizazen> +1
1108 
1109 [00:59] <nhandler> Bodsda: You are up
1110 
1111 [00:59] <Bodsda> cheers
1112 
1113 [01:00] <Bodsda> so, I would like to see FG meetings, they are always TBA atm, lets get some meetings going to make members feel more involved and to help more people
1114 
1115 [01:00]  * bodhizazen reminds team we are at the 1 hour mark :)
1116 
1117 [01:00] <bodhizazen> +1 Bodsda
1118 
1119 [01:00] <jamesrfla> yeah I have another meeting that should be starting soon
1120 
1121 [01:00] <nhandler> bodhizazen: No team is after us, so we are fine.
1122 
1123 [01:00] <Ash_R> bodhizazen,  if me and Joeb454  are still awake i say go for it :D
1124 
1125 [01:00] <Ash_R> carry on!
1126 
1127 [01:01] <cprofitt> I need to talk to bodhi about the EDU team
1128 
1129 [01:01] <bodhizazen> OK, but people hate it when meeting goes over is all
1130 
1131 [01:01] <cprofitt> but I agree on needing meetings
1132 
1133 [01:01] <Hellow> I dont think I have seen a FG meeting in a while
1134 
1135 [01:01] <bodhizazen> I think the Eduteam has grown beyond this team
1136 
1137 [01:01] <cprofitt> did we as a team every hold the FG lead vote?
1138 
1139 [01:01] <Bodsda> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings#Focus%20Group%20Meetings
1140 
1141 [01:01] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings#Focus%20Group%20Meetings
1142 
1143 [01:01] <Joeb454> +1 for ending the meeting if we need to :) but I'm still up Ash_R
1144 
1145 [01:01] <nhandler> No cprofitt
1146 
1147 [01:01] <Bodsda> FG leads, please add any meetings to that table
1148 
1149 [01:01] <Rocket2DMn> I'll be having a Wiki FG meeting after I get back from vacation in early July
1150 
1151 [01:02] <cprofitt> we can always move the meeting to #ubuntu-beginners
1152 
1153 [01:02] <ibuclaw> Ash_R, don't forget ibuclaw and Bodsda
1154 
1155 [01:02] <Bodsda> ibuclaw: huh?
1156 
1157 [01:02] <nhandler> cprofitt: No need, nobody is after us
1158 
1159 [01:02] <Ash_R> true,  i didn't see you around ibuclaw + bodsa
1160 
1161 [01:02] <Bodsda> what have i done?
1162 
1163 [01:02] <nhandler> Ok, I don't think there is anything to vote on here
1164 
1165 [01:03] <Bodsda> nope, just a kick up the backside
1166 
1167 [01:03] <nhandler> Bodsda: Do you want to send out an email to the list so we can discuss it more?
1168 
1169 [01:03] <Hellow> [IDEA] More Individual FG Meetings
1170 
1171 [01:03] <MootBot> IDEA received:  More Individual FG Meetings
1172 
1173 [01:03] <MontelEdwards> Im going to eat dinner, bye =D
1174 
1175 [01:03] <bodhizazen> Team members can always discuss to-do and FG on the main channel at any time
1176 
1177 [01:03] <Bodsda> nhandler: sounds like a plan
1178 
1179 [01:03] <bodhizazen> that is what the channel fsi 4
1180 
1181 [01:03] <Bodsda> ty Hellow
1182 
1183 [01:04] <nhandler> [ACTION] Bodsda to send email to mailing list to discuss FG meetings
1184 
1185 [01:04] <MootBot> ACTION received:  Bodsda to send email to mailing list to discuss FG meetings
1186 
1187 [01:04] <nhandler> [TOPIC] Any additional meeting topics?
1188 
1189 [01:04] <MootBot> New Topic:  Any additional meeting topics?
1190 
1191 [01:04] <Hellow> lol
1192 
1193 [01:04] <nhandler> Anything else to discuss tonight?
1194 
1195 [01:04] <cprofitt> Status of EDU FG team -- though that may be council based first
1196 
1197 [01:04] <bodhizazen> o/
1198 
1199 [01:05] <nhandler> Go ahead bodhizazen
1200 
1201 [01:05] <cprofitt> and when the elections are going to happen
1202 
1203 [01:05] <bodhizazen> I would like to get a sense of how the team feel behavior in teh channel is going in general
1204 
1205 [01:05] <nhandler> I think the EDU FG issue might be better for the council to discuss first cprofitt
1206 
1207 [01:05] <bodhizazen> problems ?
1208 
1209 [01:05] <Vantrax> edu fg issue?
1210 
1211 [01:06] <duanedesign> good i think
1212 
1213 [01:06] <Hellow> bodhizazen: Sometimes behavior with some of our newer visitors gets out of hand
1214 
1215 [01:06] <bodhizazen> cprofitt: there was a last minute change and the team became disinterested in "elections"
1216 
1217 [01:06] <bodhizazen> lol
1218 
1219 [01:06] <cprofitt> lol
1220 
1221 [01:06] <Hellow> Otherwise, we are good imo.
1222 
1223 [01:06] <cprofitt> so we are back to bodhi dictator... tis ok with me...
1224 
1225 [01:06] <Hellow> also, lol
1226 
1227 [01:06] <bodhizazen> so FG leads are appointed
1228 
1229 [01:06]  * bodhizazen prefers elections
1230 
1231 [01:06]  * nhandler is still looking for a new LP FG lead
1232 
1233 [01:06] <cprofitt> I respect your lead... and you have built us so far bodhizazen
1234 
1235 [01:06] <cprofitt> we should change the wiki then
1236 
1237 === cjwatson_ is now known as cjwatson
1238 
1239 [01:07] <nhandler> cprofitt: Do you want to handle that?
1240 
1241 [01:07] <cprofitt> updating the wiki ?
1242 
1243 [01:07] <nhandler> Yes cprofitt
1244 
1245 [01:07] <cprofitt> sure... I can do that with the EDU review tonight
1246 
1247 [01:07] <nhandler> [ACION] cprofitt to modify wiki to reflect that no FG elections will be held.
1248 
1249 [01:07] <nhandler> [ACTION] cprofitt to modify wiki to reflect that no FG elections will be held.
1250 
1251 [01:07] <MootBot> ACTION received:  cprofitt to modify wiki to reflect that no FG elections will be held.
1252 
1253 [01:08] <bodhizazen> OK, well if there is a behavior issue bring it to the mailing list please :)
1254 
1255 [01:08] <nhandler> [ACTION] Council to discuss Education FG issue
1256 
1257 [01:08] <MootBot> ACTION received:  Council to discuss Education FG issue
1258 
1259 [01:08] <nhandler> Anything else to discuss?
1260 
1261 [01:08] <Bodsda> o/
1262 
1263 [01:08] <nhandler> Yes Bodsda ?
1264 
1265 [01:08] <bodhizazen> FYI we formed a young new users group to help with immature behavior, regardless of chronologic age, although I bet ie is more common in the chronologic short members
1266 
1267 [01:09] <jamesrfla> yeah I just signed up for that team :)
1268 
1269 [01:09] <ibuclaw> bodhizazen, how is that different from what is already out there?
1270 
1271 [01:09] <drs305> o/
1272 
1273 [01:09] <Bodsda> I'd just like to politely request that biccerring between members should not be done in #ubuntu-beginners  -- i know there is some anamosity between some members so please take it elsewhere
1274 
1275 [01:09] <Ash_R> group page:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/YNU
1276 
1277 [01:09] <ibuclaw> ie: ##ubuteens or ##ubuntu-youths
1278 
1279 [01:09] <drs305> +1 Bodsda
1280 
1281 [01:09] <Hellow> Also related is GNUTeens, but heh
1282 
1283 [01:09] <jamesrfla> ibuclaw: they can take my ##ubunteen channel
1284 
1285 [01:10] <nhandler> Bodsda: If 2 members have a problem, it should be brought to the Council's attention
1286 
1287 [01:10] <ibuclaw> sorry if there are any spelling mistakes :)
1288 
1289 [01:10] <bodhizazen> ibuclaw: we have some people on the team interested in helping me with the young members
1290 
1291 [01:10] <bodhizazen> so hopefully more guidance will be provided
1292 
1293 [01:10]  * zu22 gotta go
1294 
1295 [01:10] <Hellow> bodhizazen: I will help, even though I am young myself :P
1296 
1297 [01:10] <bodhizazen> the idea is to do in discreetly
1298 
1299 [01:10] <bodhizazen> *it*
1300 
1301 [01:10] <Bodsda> nhandler: ok, il go there in future, ty
1302 
1303 [01:11] <bodhizazen> and not embarrass people on the main channel
1304 
1305 [01:11] <nhandler> Any more things to discuss?
1306 
1307 [01:11] <bodhizazen> it is a behavior group, not a social club if you catch my drift =)
1308 
1309 [01:11] <bodhizazen> Thanks Hellow
1310 
1311 [01:11] <nhandler> I guess I will handle the minutes for this meeting again.
1312 
1313 [01:11] <bodhizazen> we could probably use a wiki page :)
1314 
1315 [01:11]  * Hellow gets on it
1316 
1317 [01:11] <nhandler> [ACTION] nhandler to handle minutes for meeting
1318 
1319 [01:11] <MootBot> ACTION received:  nhandler to handle minutes for meeting
1320 
1321 [01:12] <bodhizazen> nhandler: are the minutes not automagic on this channel ?
1322 
1323 [01:12] <nhandler> [ACTION] Hellow to create wiki page for Young New Users Group
1324 
1325 [01:12] <MootBot> ACTION received:  Hellow to create wiki page for Young New Users Group
1326 
1327 [01:12] <Rocket2DMn> those arent minutes, those are just logs
1328 
1329 [01:12] <Rocket2DMn> we dont really keep minutes
1330 
1331 [01:12] <nhandler> bodhizazen: We have the MootBot minutes, but they are not usually complete
1332 
1333 [01:12]  * Hellow is lost
1334 
1335 [01:12] <bodhizazen> oic, lol
1336 
1337 [01:12] <nhandler> Rocket2DMn: The team reporting page has the minutes
1338 
1339 [01:12] <Rocket2DMn> ah yeah nhandler , i forgot about that
1340 
1341 [01:13] <bodhizazen> nhandler: you are doing a ton for the team
1342 
1343 [01:13] <nhandler> :)
1344 
1345 [01:13] <Rocket2DMn> nhandler is a BT monster
1346 
1347 [01:13] <bodhizazen> are you sure you are not taking on too much ?
1348 
1349 [01:13] <jamesrfla> +1 Rocket2DMn
1350 
1351 [01:13] <bodhizazen> I do not want to see youburn out
1352 
1353 [01:13] <Hellow> BT Monster = rawr
1354 
1355 [01:13] <nhandler> bodhizazen: Neither do I. Which is one reason I am intentionally not taking all of the meeting actions ;)
1356 
1357 [01:13] <bgs100> Hellow, lol
1358 
1359 [01:14] <jamesrfla> I can help you out nhandler just tell me what to do if I can
1360 
1361 [01:14] <nhandler> jamesrfla: Sure thing
1362 
1363 [01:14] <nhandler> [VOTE] End the meeting?
1364 
1365 [01:14] <MootBot> Please vote on:  End the meeting?.
1366 
1367 [01:14] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
1368 
1369 [01:14] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
1370 
1371 [01:14] <Hellow> +1
1372 
1373 [01:14] <MootBot> +1 received from Hellow. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
1374 
1375 [01:14] <Rocket2DMn> +1
1376 
1377 [01:14] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
1378 
1379 [01:14] <jgoguen> +1
1380 
1381 [01:14] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
1382 
1383 [01:14] <drs305> +1
1384 
1385 [01:14] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
1386 
1387 [01:14] <jamesrfla> +1
1388 
1389 [01:14] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
1390 
1391 [01:14] <Vantrax> +1
1392 
1393 [01:14] <cprofitt> +1
1394 
1395 [01:14] <MootBot> +1 received from Vantrax. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
1396 
1397 [01:14] <MootBot> +1 received from cprofitt. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
1398 
1399 [01:14] <swoody> +1
1400 
1401 [01:14] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
1402 
1403 [01:14] <ibuclaw> +1
1404 
1405 [01:14] <MootBot> +1 received from ibuclaw. 9 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 9
1406 
1407 [01:14] <Bodsda> -1
1408 
1409 [01:14] <MootBot> -1 received from Bodsda. 9 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
1410 
1411 [01:14] <bodhizazen> +0
1412 
1413 [01:14] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhizazen. 9 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 8
1414 
1415 [01:15] <Bodsda> i wanna stay
1416 
1417 [01:15] <Vantrax> lol
1418 
1419 [01:15] <Hellow> lol
1420 
1421 [01:15] <nhandler> +1
1422 
1423 [01:15] <MootBot> +1 received from nhandler. 10 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 9
1424 
1425 [01:15] <Ash_R> +1
1426 
1427 [01:15] <MootBot> +1 received from Ash_R. 11 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 10
1428 
1429 [01:15] <duanedesign> +0
1430 
1431 [01:15] <MootBot> Abstention received from duanedesign. 11 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 10
1432 
1433 [01:15] <nhandler> [ENDVOTE]
1434 
1435 [01:15] <MootBot> Final result is 11 for, 1 against. 2 abstained. Total: 10
1436 
1437 [01:15] <nhandler> The next meeting will take place two weeks from now on June 30th at 23:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting
1438 
1439 [01:15] <Hellow> I have to wonder why we called a vote for that...
1440 
1441 [01:15] <nhandler> #endmeeting
1442 


CategoryBeginnersTeam

BeginnersTeam/Meetings/20090616 (last edited 2009-07-01 12:08:41 by nhandler)