20090908

General Agenda Items and Proposals

PLEASE COME TO THE MEETINGS PREPARED.

This means:

  1. If there is an issue for the team, add it to the agenda.
  2. Agenda items then should be discussed "informally" on #ubuntufourms-beginners. 90 % of the discussion should have taken place before the meeting.
  3. Meetings are primarily for decision making/team votes. Read the agenda and discuss your thoughts before the meeting. 10 % (or less) of the discussion should happen during the meeting.
  4. Agenda items that require more then 5 minutes of discussion may need to be deferred.

Who

What

Silver_Fox

Follow up to Easwars email regarding meeting times.

starcraft.man

New Join Us Page - New join us page, general discussion for feedback and vote to replace.

starcraft.man

New Homepage Template - New Template for new members to use, feedback but no vote needed.

starcraft.man

Small New Proposal - For Recruitment Team and a tiny entrance quiz. Discussion required.

Agenda discussion

Log

   1 [00:01] <bodhi_zazen> #startmeeting
   2 [00:01] <MootBot> Meeting started at 18:01. The chair is bodhi_zazen.
   3 [00:01] <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
   4 [00:01] <bodhi_zazen> who is here for the meeting ?
   5 [00:01] <swoody> o/
   6 [00:01] <Silver_Fox_> o/
   7 [00:02] <drs305> o/
   8 [00:02] <Rocket2DMn> o/
   9 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> do we have any new members ?
  10 [00:02] <ibuclaw> i/
  11 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> [LLINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  12 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  13 [00:03] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  14 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> Silver_Fox_: poke
  15 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Meeting Times
  16 [00:03] <MootBot> New Topic:  Meeting Times
  17 [00:04] <Silver_Fox_>  I think the time has been discussed in the mailing list for the last week and want to know what we are going to do.
  18 [00:04] <Silver_Fox_> A few ideas were suggested,  lets vote on them
  19 [00:04] <bodhi_zazen> LOL
  20 [00:04] <ibuclaw> Silver_Fox_, we did have the idea of a Eurasian Meeting not so long ago.
  21 [00:05] <ibuclaw> I think discussion on that stagnated
  22 [00:05] <Silver_Fox_> That was rejected as it had lack of interest.   Now the team has grown some more and it has been raised again by new people.
  23 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> I like the idea of alternate meeting times and I think we should try to accommodate them (alternate times)
  24 [00:06] <Silver_Fox_> Can we not give it a trial?
  25 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> The problem has been - lack of interest
  26 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> I would like to see all the people interested in such an alternate time:
  27 [00:06] <Joeb454> I'd be happy to attend the later meeting and email logs to somebody to chair a more eurasian meeting time
  28 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> meet and set a time
  29 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> I will make my best effort to attend
  30 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> I suggest we specify a single contact person to coordinate such meetings with me
  31 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> so that we may review issues before and after such meetings
  32 [00:07] <swoody> I would support an alternate time, so as many members can be a part of the processes that go on with the team
  33 [00:07] <starcraftman> Salutations, I just arrived :)
  34 [00:08] <swoody> as many members as possible**
  35 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> who here is interested in setting an alternate time for meetings ?
  36 [00:09] <Silver_Fox_> o/
  37 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> And I really do not see asking those in the Americas to meet at off times
  38 [00:09] <Silver_Fox_> +1 bodhi_zazen
  39 [00:09] <lukjad007> Hi
  40 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> Silver_Fox_ and Joeb454 want to start coordinating meetings then ?
  41 [00:10] <Silver_Fox_> I am happy to do so bodhi_zazen
  42 [00:10] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: can do - the later meetings suit me better, so I can pass logs to Silver_Fox_ :)
  43 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> I am fine with that and I do not think it involves the whole team until such a time as you two have enough interest to have such meetings
  44 [00:10] <swoody> o/
  45 [00:11] <bodhi_zazen> There is always an interest expressed, would be nice to see it come to fruition =)
  46 [00:11] <ibuclaw> before you know it, we may branch off into two separate main groups ;)
  47 [00:11] <ibuclaw> -beginners-eu and -beginners-us
  48 [00:11] <ibuclaw> :P
  49 [00:11] <Joeb454> lol
  50 [00:11] <Silver_Fox_> This way it gets a chance.
  51 [00:11] <bodhi_zazen> [AGREED]Start alternate meetings, come to the team once it is starting to happen and again once it is happening =)
  52 [00:11] <MootBot> AGREED received: Start alternate meetings, come to the team once it is starting to happen and again once it is happening =)
  53 [00:11] <swoody> Now how would the voting work with two separate meeting times? Would we just tally all votes from both meetings before making a final decision?
  54 [00:12] <ibuclaw> well ... that would depend on which meeting goes first
  55 [00:12] <Silver_Fox_> We would vote on the same items.
  56 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> swoody: you are putting the cart b4 the horse =)
  57 [00:12] <swoody> bodhi_zazen, I'm just curious is all :)
  58 [00:12] <swoody> didn't know if that had already been worked out
  59 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> But yes, we would ideally have a coordination of votes
  60 [00:13] <swoody> ok :)
  61 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> don't get me wrong, I think alternate meeting times would be awesome, we can share an agenda
  62 [00:14] <starcraftman> sounds all good to me, more participation is always better.
  63 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> it is just that up to now, although there has been interest, when the rubber hits the pavement alternate meeting times have not happened
  64 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> Once they start to happen it *should* be trivial to coordinate
  65 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> any other comments on alternate meeting times ?
  66 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> starcraftman: you ready ?
  67 [00:15] <Silver_Fox_> O/
  68 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> go Silver_Fox_
  69 [00:15] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: I am, just been sitting quietly, I hope people glanced over my stuff in advance, it's mostly self-explanitory.
  70 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> as long as your comments are  [ON TOPOC] ; no need for o/
  71 [00:15] <Silver_Fox_> Would this infact mean we are going down to once a fortnight meetings per whole team or not?
  72 [00:16] <Silver_Fox_> Sorry,  once a month.
  73 [00:16] <bodhi_zazen> I think once a month meetings are appropriate, in the long run once for the Americas and once for Euroasia
  74 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> we can meet more often if needed
  75 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] New Join Us Page
  76 [00:17] <MootBot> New Topic:  New Join Us Page
  77 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> starcraftman: has drafted a few pages
  78 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> they look nice
  79 [00:17] <starcraftman> Yup, took me some time, its all oriented to new members.
  80 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> are people ready to change or do we need time for review / comments ?
  81 [00:18] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: only thing I'
  82 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/starcraft.man/Sandbox
  83 [00:18] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/starcraft.man/Sandbox
  84 [00:18] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: nvm that comment, darn enter key.
  85 [00:19] <starcraftman> Anyway, thats the new join us page I wrote up. I think its an improvement to the old one that was a bit skimpy. It details all the basic steps new members usually need to go through, and is written from common questions I've gotten.
  86 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> comments ?
  87 [00:20] <starcraftman> I basically just wanted feedback on anything should be improved, if everyone agrees they want to replace old one with it, then I will.
  88 [00:20] <Rocket2DMn> That is a wealth of information man, but what a wall of text
  89 [00:20]  * bodhi_zazen assumes most poeple are reading it for the first time =)
  90 [00:20] <starcraftman> Also, wanted to know if there are any inactive mentors from masters list I should remove. Like say aj?
  91 [00:20]  * ibuclaw is missing from the Masters column
  92 [00:20] <lukjad007> starcraftman I skimmed it, and it looked good :)
  93 [00:21] <Rocket2DMn> I think that can be slimmed down a fair amount, and some of the info can be spread to a couple of different pages on the our wiki area
  94 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> aj should be removed until he is more active =)
  95 [00:21] <ibuclaw> starcraftman, replace him with me ;)
  96 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> Rocket2DMn: are you interested in helping with that ?
  97 [00:21] <starcraftman> Rocket2DMn: I guess I can agree, your wall of text is mostly directed at tell us about ya section eh?
  98 [00:22] <Rocket2DMn> lol
  99 [00:22] <Rocket2DMn> id be happy to help with it, though it may have to wait a couple of weeks
 100 [00:22] <swoody> I'm +1 on the new page
 101 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> anybody else interested in helping with that page ?
 102 [00:23] <swoody> it could be slimmed down a bit, but I think newcomers may find it nice to find all the pertinent info in one spot, too
 103 [00:23] <ibuclaw> considering this was the old page : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/YNU
 104 [00:23] <Rocket2DMn> I'm primarily concerned that all that information could be a bit overwhelming for new members
 105 [00:23] <ibuclaw> +1 on new page
 106 [00:23] <Rocket2DMn> that's why I said some of it can be spread around too
 107 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> [IDEA] Put new page in place, to be revised by interested parties over next month ?
 108 [00:23] <MootBot> IDEA received:  Put new page in place, to be revised by interested parties over next month ?
 109 [00:24] <starcraftman> Rocket2DMn:I'll look into moving some of the wiki creation information to its own page, I get what your saying and I think I know how to improve.
 110 [00:24] <Rocket2DMn> Perhaps like a summary page similar to what we have now with some of this new stuff added in, then a detailed page for reference
 111 [00:24] <Rocket2DMn> That reference page can be as useful for us as new members.  It's good for new members to come and ask us quesions in here too, it generates good conversation
 112 [00:25] <Rocket2DMn> and we can use it to help new users get integrated
 113 [00:25] <Rocket2DMn> anyway, just my 2 cents, sounds like others like it
 114 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> [IDEA]Work on draft for next month ?
 115 [00:25] <MootBot> IDEA received: Work on draft for next month ?
 116 [00:25] <lukjad007> I like it, for one thing, it's comprehensive
 117 [00:26] <swoody> +1 lukjad007
 118 [00:26] <bodhi_zazen> if we go this second route, who is willing to work on it over the next month ?
 119 [00:26] <Rocket2DMn> o/
 120 [00:26] <swoody> it does cover almost everything a newcomer could ask, so I'm sure it'll come in very handy
 121 [00:26] <lukjad007> I would be willing to help look it over :)
 122 [00:26] <bodhi_zazen> vote ?
 123 [00:26] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: I am, I think I get what Rocket2DMn is saying, I'll try and fix it up a bit. I got plenty of time, my classes still pretty lax.
 124 [00:27] <swoody> I'm not much of a writer, but would be willing to lend my advice and opinions
 125 [00:27] <drs305> I have no time this month but can help out next if it still needs work.
 126 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE]Review document for next month ?
 127 [00:27] <MootBot> Please vote on: Review document for next month ?.
 128 [00:27] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 129 [00:27] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 130 [00:27] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 131 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 132 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> starcraftman: I like it as a comprehensive docuement
 133 [00:27] <starcraftman> my idea, so guess I'm abstaining.
 134 [00:27] <starcraftman> +0
 135 [00:27] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 136 [00:27] <MootBot> Abstention received from starcraftman. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 1
 137 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 2
 138 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> I do not want to see new members get too caught up, we need to assimilate them =)
 139 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 140 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 3
 141 [00:27] <Rocket2DMn> you can vote on your own idea starcraftman :)
 142 [00:27] <swoody> +1
 143 [00:27] <drs305> +1
 144 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 4
 145 [00:27] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
 146 [00:28] <lukjad007> +41
 147 [00:28] <lukjad007> +1
 148 [00:28] <MootBot> +1 received from lukjad007. 6 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 6
 149 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> any additional votes ?
 150 [00:28] <starcraftman> Rocket2DMn: Maybe, but not really  needed, nobody seems to wanna vote down this idea :).
 151 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 152 [00:28] <MootBot> Final result is 6 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 6
 153 [00:28] <Rocket2DMn> cool, good work starcraftman , i can see you put a lot of work into it
 154 [00:29] <swoody> yes, great work there starcraftman :)
 155 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> Home page template is a great idea.
 156 [00:29] <starcraftman> Rocket2DMn: I try, once it's all in your head, just kinda flows out. :)
 157 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC]New Home Page Template
 158 [00:29] <MootBot> New Topic: New Home Page Template
 159 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HomepageBTTemplate
 160 [00:29] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HomepageBTTemplate
 161 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> I would suggest:
 162 [00:29] <starcraftman> There it is, I built it off mine, suggestions welcome.
 163 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> 1. we include one or two additional examples for table lay out
 164 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> 2. Put it in /Beginners/WikiTemplates
 165 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> or some such
 166 [00:30] <starcraftman> 2. That sounds good, I wasn't actually sure what to name it tbh.
 167 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> Suggestions for name ?
 168 [00:31] <starcraftman> long as its in the create new page template list for new people.
 169 [00:31] <swoody> +1 starcraftman
 170 [00:31] <Rocket2DMn> I like that starcraftman , my only suggestion would be to cut out some of the text at the top, templates don't need full explanations of how to do everything
 171 [00:32] <swoody> I don't think the name will have that drastic of an effect on it, as much as just having it available to use for newcomers
 172 [00:32] <starcraftman> 1. Is fine also, I was actually looking at more than one template, Silver_Fox_'s is nice and different enough, some might prefer it.
 173 [00:32] <starcraftman> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Silver_Fox
 174 [00:32] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Silver_Fox
 175 [00:33] <Silver_Fox_> Ah,  beat me to it.
 176 [00:33] <Rocket2DMn> +1 starcraftman , i was just thinking about that, we can have a couple of different template options.  Obviously they would be similar, but since people come with different experiences, they can find templates that match them best
 177 [00:33] <starcraftman> Silver_Fox_: Too slow :)
 178 [00:33] <Silver_Fox_> sorry starcraftman,  I was discussing matters of great importance with a fellow team member
 179 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> OK, how about we put the template in place and starcraftman or Silver_Fox_ (or anyone else) can add to it ?
 180 [00:34] <starcraftman> Rocket2DMn: agreed, I'm only one person, I just made one for example this time. I guess I could template up anyones who volunteered theirs or they could themselves if available to do it.
 181 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE]Put Wiki Home Page Template in place ?
 182 [00:34] <MootBot> Please vote on: Put Wiki Home Page Template in place ?.
 183 [00:34] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 184 [00:34] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 185 [00:34] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 186 [00:34] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 187 [00:34] <swoody> +1
 188 [00:34] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 189 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> say /beginners/HomeTemplates
 190 [00:34] <ibuclaw> +1
 191 [00:34] <MootBot> +1 received from ibuclaw. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 192 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 193 [00:34] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 194 [00:34] <starcraftman> +1
 195 [00:34] <MootBot> +1 received from starcraftman. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 196 [00:34] <Rocket2DMn> +1 , location TBD
 197 [00:34] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 198 [00:34] <st33med> +1
 199 [00:34] <MootBot> +1 received from st33med. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 200 [00:34] <Silver_Fox_> bodhi_zazen: I am more than happy to add to it sir. =]  I am getting quite good at wiki now.
 201 [00:35] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: sure, though maybe call page HomeTemplate1 and number subsequent additions.
 202 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> \o/
 203 [00:35] <drs305> +1
 204 [00:35] <MootBot> +1 received from drs305. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
 205 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> naw starcraftman
 206 [00:35] <Rocket2DMn> I actually don't think the template necessarily needs to be inside our wiki area structure, it is a template available to anybody
 207 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> we only need one page
 208 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> with a few examples =)
 209 [00:35] <swoody> We can always edit it in the future, as well. Add more tables/menus for people to be able to implement
 210 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> any additional votes ?
 211 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 212 [00:35] <MootBot> Final result is 8 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 8
 213 [00:36] <Silver_Fox_> Wait starcraftman,  you think my wiki is good enough for a template?
 214 [00:36] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Membership
 215 [00:36] <MootBot> New Topic:  Membership
 216 [00:36] <bodhi_zazen> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/starcraft.man/Sandbox/Secret
 217 [00:36] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/starcraft.man/Sandbox/Secret
 218 [00:38] <bodhi_zazen> I agree we need to revitalize the membership process
 219 [00:38] <bodhi_zazen> I like the idea of having a few people "watching over" the process
 220 [00:38] <starcraftman> Alright, last topic, I outlined proposal fairly clearly I think. MOTU do something similar, I also included nhandler's email for reference. I think it's half decent, and people can always just still jump on IRC and do things way we do now.
 221 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> we used to have a dedicated Education Team to do this, but the education FG kind of grew into the UCLP
 222 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> perhaps revamp a "Mentoring" team / FG ?
 223 [00:40] <st33med> Nobody got that active in it
 224 [00:40] <starcraftman> Shouldn't be too high maintenance once agreed on, already got swoody on board. When ml gets moved to new more public one we can use it for people to send in contact info, and quiz (if thats agreed on).
 225 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> I like the quiz done "LIVE" on IRC
 226 [00:41] <drs305> +1
 227 [00:41] <Silver_Fox_> How would it work with regards to the masters?
 228 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> you get a better feel for people when they squirm
 229 [00:41] <Rocket2DMn> +1 live quiz
 230 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> if they submit written responses
 231 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> 1. It takes more time
 232 [00:41] <ibuclaw> 2. they can google it
 233 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> 2. They can google and make themselves look good
 234 [00:42] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: can do, its fairly short I suppose. Do people like the sample questions, I alternated between ones testing knowledge and ones checking interest.
 235 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> I will look at your questions starcraftman
 236 [00:42] <ibuclaw> bodhi_zazen, it's like telephone interviews over *just* posting your CV :)
 237 [00:43] <st33med> LIVE from #ubuntu-beginners, its bodhi_zazen and the contestant, <insert contestant here>
 238 [00:43] <bodhi_zazen> How about if you revamp a "masters" FG or some such ?
 239 [00:43] <starcraftman> st33med: lol
 240 [00:43] <bodhi_zazen> people interested in assisting new members get up to speed ?
 241 [00:44] <Silver_Fox_> As always I am willing.
 242 [00:44] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: so, have all masters on master page and hand ful of them responsible for management and oversight?
 243 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> should be low maintenance, but it would help if people watch it =)
 244 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> +1 starcraftman
 245 [00:44] <Silver_Fox_> bodhi_zazen ^
 246 [00:45] <bodhi_zazen> We can elect "management" next month ?
 247 [00:45] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: righto, shouldn't be too hard. Would ya want a separate masters fg mail list in place? Or simply use same one we moving to with nhandler?
 248 [00:45] <bodhi_zazen> Which should get us to ...
 249 [00:45]  * bodhi_zazen is a strong believer in the unified theory of mailing lists
 250 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> we only need additional ML if the one we have gets too active
 251 [00:46] <Rocket2DMn> mailing lists: old school still rulez!
 252 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC]NEW MEMBERS
 253 [00:46] <MootBot> New Topic: NEW MEMBERS
 254 [00:46] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: righto then
 255 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> do we have anyone up for membership this month
 256 [00:46] <st33med> YAYAYAYAYAYYAY
 257 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> thanks for all that work starcraftman
 258 [00:46] <Rocket2DMn> none listed bodhi_zazen , i find it hard to believe with so many in our channel
 259 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> I think the whole team appreciates your time on those pages
 260 [00:47] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: No worries, everyones welcome :)
 261 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> Rocket2DMn: we have been failing the new members
 262 [00:47] <Silver_Fox_> I was considering putting mine in for membership at the next meeting
 263 [00:47] <Rocket2DMn> yeah bodhi_zazen , i know
 264 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> pedor3005 ?
 265 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> pedro3005 ?
 266 [00:48] <ibuclaw> Hellow, meeting started 50 minutes ago ;)
 267 [00:48] <bodhi_zazen> any other last minute nominations ?
 268 [00:48] <Hellow> haha
 269 [00:48] <Hellow> I've been doing homework :P
 270 [00:49] <bodhi_zazen> Raidsong ?
 271 [00:49] <starcraftman> lol Hellow
 272 [00:49] <bodhi_zazen> Pablo ?
 273 [00:49] <Rocket2DMn> Silver_Fox_, is your padawan not ready?
 274 [00:49] <bodhi_zazen> anyone want to vote for anyone ? Second those nominations ?
 275 [00:49] <Silver_Fox_> More or less Rocket2DMn
 276 [00:49] <Silver_Fox_> He's just not here Rocket2DMn
 277 [00:50] <Rocket2DMn> k, we should make a big effort to get lots of new members up for voting at the next meeting
 278 [00:50] <bodhi_zazen> any other team business ?
 279 [00:50] <Silver_Fox_> o/
 280 [00:50] <bodhi_zazen> Silver_Fox_:
 281 [00:50] <st33med> I
 282 [00:50] <ibuclaw> o/
 283 [00:51] <st33med> I'd like to make a motion...
 284 [00:51] <st33med> (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^ (>^.^)> <(^.^<) ^(^o^)^
 285 [00:51] <Hellow> erm
 286 [00:51] <Silver_Fox_> Well,  while we are here I would like to have the YNU FG's attention.  We need to arrange another meeting as the last one that was scheduled only I attended.
 287 [00:51] <drs305> That's pretty focused, Silver_Fox_
 288 [00:51] <Silver_Fox_> So pop by the channel #ubuntu-beginners-ynu
 289 [00:51] <Silver_Fox_> Indeed.
 290 [00:52] <st33med> YNU is...?
 291 [00:52] <ibuclaw> Young New Users
 292 [00:52] <Hellow> Young New Users
 293 [00:52] <st33med> ah
 294 [00:52] <ibuclaw> st33med, it was to help the main channel stay "child" free
 295 [00:52] <ibuclaw> well ... just to help mature up the main channel a bit
 296 [00:52] <starcraftman> ibuclaw: lol, like that'll ever happen.
 297 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> Silver_Fox_: I think interest in the YNY will wax and wane depending on maturity in the channel
 298 [00:53] <st33med> What children are we talking about?
 299 [00:53] <ibuclaw> starcraftman, before you came, it was needed at the time
 300 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> you st33med =)
 301 [00:53] <Silver_Fox_> +1 bodhi_zazen
 302 [00:53] <swoody> +1 ibuclaw
 303 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> ibuclaw: any topic you have
 304 [00:53]  * Rocket2DMn will always be a child at heart
 305 [00:53] <st33med> so 18 year olds count as children, eh?
 306 [00:53] <st33med> :D
 307 [00:53] <starcraftman> +1 Rocket2DMn
 308 [00:53] <ibuclaw> bodhi_zazen, yes
 309 [00:53] <Silver_Fox_> Rocket2DMn: Come join the team,  we have cake :)
 310 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> st33med: Anything under 40 is but a child =)
 311 [00:54] <Hellow> Rocket2DMn: And cookies.
 312 [00:54] <starcraftman> Silver_Fox_: the cake is always a lie!
 313 [00:54] <swoody> Silver_Fox_, ah, I'm there :)
 314 [00:54] <ibuclaw> bodhi_zazen, just a quick question. I know I ask this every so often ;)
 315 [00:54] <jgoguen> st33med: I think bodhi_zazen counts as children sometimes ;)
 316 [00:54] <ibuclaw> What is the current progress of the Ubuntu Learning Project?
 317 [00:54] <Rocket2DMn> jgoguen, s/sometimes/most-of-the-time
 318 [00:54] <jgoguen> Rocket2DMn: Fair :)
 319 [00:54] <bodhi_zazen> The UCLP is up and recruiting
 320 [00:54] <ibuclaw> bodhi_zazen, I may have some free time over the next fortnight.
 321 [00:54] <bodhi_zazen> come on bu #ubuntu-learning
 322 [00:55] <Hellow> UCLP?
 323 [00:55] <Rocket2DMn> I've seen you guys have meetings pretty regularly
 324 [00:55] <bodhi_zazen> we put some structure in place
 325 [00:55] <Hellow> Ubuntu Community learning Project?
 326 [00:55] <bodhi_zazen> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/
 327 [00:55] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/
 328 [00:55] <st33med> Speaking of children, I once saw a person posting on how to make his ancient computer work with debian for his kid.
 329 [00:55] <bodhi_zazen> Any other topics ?
 330 [00:55] <st33med> I thought it was nice
 331 [00:55] <Hellow> o/
 332 [00:55] <bodhi_zazen> go Hellow
 333 [00:56] <st33med> gogogogogo
 334 [00:56] <Hellow> I would just like to mention that we have a few team members running for Ubuntu membership tomorrow at the Americas board meeting.
 335 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> w00t !!!
 336 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> who ?
 337 [00:57] <Hellow> I believe that they deserve our full support.
 338 [00:57] <drs305> when?
 339 [00:57] <Hellow> bodhi_zazen: nhasian and Wiebhalus (I always misspell that)
 340 [00:57] <Silver_Fox_> I thought the meeting was yesterday
 341 [00:57] <starcraftman> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/Americas
 342 [00:57] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/Americas
 343 [00:57] <starcraftman> For those wondering who/when ^
 344 [00:58] <bodhi_zazen> thanks
 345 [00:58] <bodhi_zazen> other topics ?
 346 [00:58] <bodhi_zazen> 2 min left =)
 347 [00:58]  * Hellow gets back to his homework
 348 [00:59] <starcraftman> nope
 349 [00:59] <bodhi_zazen> #endmeeting
 350 [00:59] <MootBot> Meeting finished at 18:59.
 351 


CategoryBeginnersTeam

BeginnersTeam/Meetings/20090908 (last edited 2009-09-09 00:26:56 by rocket2dmn)