I was born in 1964 and live in Bari in the south of italy.
I'm a system administrator and security consultant. Actually I have a company and develop web application for various Account Department of Italian Government Places.
I have used diverse Linux distribuition: Red Hat, Debian, Suse, Mandrake and Ubuntu that I use from its first release.
Initially I was interested in Ubuntu for its philosophy; subsequently it hit me for its simplicity and stability.
Now Ubuntu is the only distribuition installed on all my servers, workstations and notebook.
I appreciate the attempt to make Ubuntu a distribuition simple to use through the creation/integration of graphic tools also for administrative task, although I open automatically a terminal window at boot on my system
Email: <benjamin AT ubuntu DOT com>
Irc: Mizar at irc.freenode.net.
Admin of italian mailing list email@example.com
Admin of italian forum forum.ubuntu-it.org
Member of Italian LoCoTeam
- Member of italian documentation group
- Member of italian translation group in Rosetta
I try to support Ubuntu users in irc channel, mailing lists and forums.
Recently I was involved to reorganize Italian community with some friends (MatthewEast, LorenzoSfarra, FabioMarzocca), because I had noticed its initial disorganization. I believe that we have succeded in it, the result is the creation of a structure that seems to give coordinated and integrated results as:
- Often new users have difficulty to find support in their language, therefore I think that, using information supplied by the user during Ubuntu installation process, it could be possible to add in Firefox's bookmarks a link to the locoteam support site.
- Making online documentation as complete as possible.
- Trying to improve hardware identification and simplify its configuration.
- Trying to realize a presentation or an interactive introduction course addressed to who approaches to Ubuntu or Linux system for the first time.