Sunday, July 31st, 2011, 7:00pm (1900) PT

Original Agenda

  1. Final review of ApprovalApplication2011 -- lyz 2011-07-26 19:53:16

  2. Picnix20 planning -- lyz 2011-07-31 15:26:57

If you have anything else you'd like to add to the agenda, or want to make some changes, please feel free to edit it. Please include an explanation of your item if it's not immediately apparent. Agenda items added within 24 hours of the start of the meeting may be postponed until the next meeting. Adding your item well in advance helps everyone collaborate and avoids last minute surprises.

Our meetings are held for about 60 minutes every other Sunday at 7:00pm (19:00) PDT / 02:00 UTC in our IRC channel, #ubuntu-us-ca on freenode. All interested people are welcome to join us. For questions or help connecting, check out the InternetRelayChat page or use the Web client linked from the Contact page.

   1 [02:00] <pleia2> #startmeeting
   2 [02:00] <iheartubuntu> hiya lyz
   3 [02:00] <pleia2> Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/11July31
   4 [02:00] <jyo> hihi
   5 [02:00] <pleia2> who all is here for the meeting?
   6 [02:00] <pleia2> o/
   7 [02:00] <jyo> o/
   8 [02:00] <eps> with silver bells and cockle shells
   9 [02:00] <pleia2> oh no, MarkDude and grantbow sitting together irl for the meeting
  10 [02:00] <akk> o/
  11 [02:01] <pleia2> :)
  12 [02:01] <grantbow> lol
  13 [02:01] <pleia2> ok, we'll jump right in then
  14 [02:01] <pleia2> (we'll do announcements at the end)
  15 [02:01] <pleia2> [TOPIC] Final review of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/ApprovalApplication2011
  16 [02:01] <pleia2> we've reviewed this a few times at meetings and on the mailing list so I think we're ready to submit it, but I just wanted to double-check no one else had comments
  17 [02:02] <rww> \o
  18 [02:02] <philipballew> here!
  19 [02:02] <akk> oh, good, some red people. xchat was showing everybody else who's here as light blue or green.
  20 [02:02] <pleia2> hehe
  21 [02:02] <rww> pleia2: looks fine to me
  22 [02:03] <rww> (and yes, I actually read it this time :P)
  23 [02:03] <pleia2> thanks rww :)
  24 [02:03] <pleia2> I'll add it to the council agenda and send a note to the list when the meeting is going to be
  25 [02:04] <pleia2> [TOPIC] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/Picnix20 planning
  26 [02:04] <eps> akk: I see dim people
  27 [02:04] <pleia2> we actually only have one more meeting before the end of august when this happens, but I'm not particularly worried - we've done this before :)
  28 [02:04] <pleia2> I'll nudge aaditya for our table number, but we pretty much just need to get our list-of-stuff to bring sorted and we'll be good for the picnic
  29 [02:05] <grantbow> great
  30 [02:05] <eps> I'm worried ... the last message I saw about the picnic was dated July 16 ...
  31 [02:05] <grantbow> worry not :-)
  32 [02:06] <eps> ... it said the reservation database was supposed to open two weeks ago now
  33 [02:06] <eps> It hasn't happened. :-(
  34 [02:06] <pleia2> eps: aaditya is the organizer this year, might nudge him about it
  35 [02:06] <eps> Their wiki looks like it hasn't been touched since March.
  36 [02:06] <MarkDude> Are there cookies on list again?
  37 [02:07]  * rww ponders pretending to be a mootbot to make pleia2 happy :P
  38 [02:07]  * MarkDude is cookie monster
  39 [02:07] <grantbow> eps: please talk to aditya with concerns. I would appreciate your effort on this temendously
  40 [02:07] <eps> *I* am not the organizer.
  41 [02:07] <pleia2> MarkDude: heather said she'd make ubuntu cookies :) and I'm making android cookies!
  42 [02:07] <grantbow> eps: aaditya is
  43 [02:08] <pleia2> eps: our table is set for the picnic, so there aren't really organizational concerns for the california team specifically
  44 [02:08] <pleia2> if you have personal questions about registration, aaditya is the one to talk to
  45 [02:09] <eps> The concern is whether there's even going to be a picnic, since there has been *nothing* online ... not on their wiki, facebook, mailing list, anything as far as I can see.
  46 [02:09] <pleia2> there is
  47 [02:09] <MarkDude> pleia2, fair enough- as long as cookies are represented
  48 [02:09] <pleia2> MarkDude :)
  49 [02:10] <pleia2> anyway, if anyone is bringing things they can add them to the wiki page (I also made a loco directory event, you can rsvp there if you want, I'll add the picnic rsvp to the site once it's active): https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/Picnix20
  50 [02:10] <pleia2> [TOPIC] Announcements, comments, other topics
  51 [02:11] <pleia2> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam is happening Sept 2-4, Labor day weekend
  52 [02:11] <pleia2> no one has anything planned yet, but if you want to plan something now is the time to start :)
  53 [02:11] <pleia2> (I'll be out of town)
  54 [02:12] <philipballew> so cal will *probably have one
  55 [02:12] <pleia2> I suspect jono will have one in walnut creek
  56 [02:12]  * philipballew needs to get his act together on it
  57 [02:12] <pleia2> :)
  58 [02:12]  * MarkDude will be down south for wedding then, and OLF for the next
  59 [02:13] <rww> I'll be in college starting craziness then, so count me out :(
  60 [02:13] <pleia2> oh, berkeleylug and partimus reserved a booth at solano stroll the OLF weekend (Sept 11th) so that's upcoming in september too
  61 [02:13] <grantbow> I will be preparing for a trip but will attend.
  62 [02:13] <MarkDude> Damn, that is fun, I dont want to miss the stroll
  63 [02:14] <pleia2> MarkDude: sorry :) I didn't realize it either until beth lynn pointed it out to me while we were planning the partimus bit
  64 [02:14] <pleia2> so many events, so little time
  65 [02:14] <MarkDude> Speaking in Ohio then
  66 [02:14] <grantbow> indeed
  67 [02:14] <grantbow> more clones
  68 [02:14] <philipballew> i will be to rww , but if its on a saturday or something no class in session
  69 [02:14] <pleia2> hehe
  70 [02:14] <pleia2> anyone else have announcements or other things?
  71 [02:15] <rww> philipballew: gonna be my first semester there, so I'll be busy anyway :)
  72 [02:15] <philipballew> oh nice :) good luck wherever it is rww
  73 [02:16] <MarkDude> where is it rww?
  74 [02:16] <pleia2> ok, I think we'll wrap up the meeting then
  75 [02:16] <pleia2> going once..!
  76 [02:17] <MarkDude> Wait
  77 [02:17]  * MarkDude had his penguin suit disappear at OSCON
  78 [02:17] <pleia2> oh dear
  79 [02:17] <MarkDude> keep eye out for it
  80 [02:17] <MarkDude> I know
  81 [02:17] <MarkDude> I will email list-
  82 [02:17] <pleia2> ok
  83 [02:17] <pleia2> #endmeeting

CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/11July31 (last edited 2011-08-01 03:05:44 by lyz)