Sunday, September 25th, 2011, 7:00pm (1900) PT

Original Agenda

  1. Oneiric Release plans: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/OneiricRelease -- lyz 2011-09-25 19:21:13

  2. Team Leadership Elections -- lyz 2011-09-25 19:21:13

If you have anything else you'd like to add to the agenda, or want to make some changes, please feel free to edit it. Please include an explanation of your item if it's not immediately apparent. Agenda items added within 24 hours of the start of the meeting may be postponed until the next meeting. Adding your item well in advance helps everyone collaborate and avoids last minute surprises.

Our meetings are held for about 60 minutes every other Sunday at 7:00pm (19:00) PDT / 02:00 UTC in our IRC channel, #ubuntu-us-ca on freenode. All interested people are welcome to join us. For questions or help connecting, check out the InternetRelayChat page or use the Web client linked from the Contact page.

   1 [02:04] <pleia2> #startmeeting
   2 [02:04] <pleia2> Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/11September25
   3 [02:05] <pleia2> [TOPIC] Oneiric Release plans: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/OneiricRelease
   4 [02:05] <MarkDude> Use of word collaborate makes it clear WHY. Better than any suggestion I could have made
   5 [02:05] <pleia2> so far there aren't any plans for the Oneiric release
   6 [02:05] <philipballew> sd might have a party
   7 [02:05] <pleia2> I'm going to be out of town for the actual week of the release
   8 [02:06] <philipballew> so so cal should have something
   9 [02:06] <pleia2> (actually giving a presentation about it in Philly, and probably going to their release party ;))
  10 [02:06] <MarkDude> DarkwingDuck: ping
  11 [02:06] <pleia2> philipballew: cool :)
  12 [02:07] <pleia2> I'll drop a mail to the list reminding people it's coming up soon
  13 [02:07] <philipballew> pleia2, about how long after do cd's come?
  14 [02:07] <pleia2> philipballew: usually about 2 weeks
  15 [02:07] <philipballew> right.
  16 [02:08] <pleia2> then I ship them everywhere, which takes a day or two
  17 [02:08] <philipballew> DarkwingDuck, should have them and I can meet him at the uh or whatever
  18 [02:08] <pleia2> so I'll send a bunch down to you or DarkwingDuck probably the day after the shipment gets in
  19 [02:08] <pleia2> sounds good :)
  20 [02:08] <philipballew> he's gonna go to uds. will they show up before that?
  21 [02:09] <pleia2> yeah, I think so
  22 [02:09] <pleia2> we'll see how timing works out and go from there
  23 [02:09] <pleia2> any other comments about the release for now?
  24 [02:10] <DarkwingDuck> Hi, I'm here.
  25 [02:10] <pleia2> our next meeting is on the 9th,the release is on the 13th
  26 [02:10] <DarkwingDuck> Got caught up in my Colts game.
  27 [02:10] <pleia2> welcome DarkwingDuck
  28 [02:10] <pleia2> [TOPIC] Team Leadership Elections
  29 [02:11] <pleia2> DarkwingDuck: were you going to handle this?
  30 [02:11] <DarkwingDuck> Yes, I have zero notes. I'm on mobile right now.
  31 [02:11] <bkerensa> pleia2: :) CA could always come visit their Northern Neighbor... We should have a keg, soft drinks and gourmet pizza again (fingers crossed)
  32 [02:11] <bkerensa> :D
  33 [02:11] <DarkwingDuck> However, I get my working laptop tomorrow so, I will be sending an email about it very very very soon.
  34 [02:11] <pleia2> DarkwingDuck: can you put out a call for nominees this week?
  35 [02:11] <pleia2> ok, great
  36 [02:11] <pleia2> we need to get this rolling ASAP
  37 [02:12] <DarkwingDuck> aye, It will happen BEFORE wednesday
  38 [02:12] <pleia2> as a review, we have a team leadership document: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Leadership
  39 [02:12]  * MarkDude nominates nhaines 
  40 [02:12] <jdeslip> Yep. It has been a fun year for me. But, I'm not going to run for reelection :)
  41 [02:12] <pleia2> elections are yearly, and we elect three people from around the state to co-lead
  42 [02:12] <pleia2> it's that time of year :)
  43 [02:12] <rww> o/
  44 [02:13] <pleia2> MarkDude: nominating people is fine, but please confirm they are willing to stand for leadership before formally submitting their name
  45 [02:13] <MarkDude> fair enough, makes sense
  46 [02:13] <DarkwingDuck> I'll be sending an email laying out the procedure.
  47 [02:13] <rww> (as in hi, not as in volunteering)
  48 [02:13] <pleia2> rww: haha
  49 [02:13] <DarkwingDuck> rww: Almost got ya
  50 [02:13] <jdeslip> rww: too bad
  51 [02:13] <MarkDude> He would make a great leader, I hope others encourage him also
  52 [02:13] <philipballew> pleia2, the job pays lots right?
  53 [02:13] <philipballew> haha
  54 [02:15] <pleia2> philipballew: hah
  55 [02:16] <pleia2> thanks for working on this DarkwingDuck :)
  56 [02:16] <pleia2> that's all we have for the agenda
  57 [02:16] <pleia2> [TOPIC] Announcements, etc
  58 [02:16] <MarkDude> it pays with a warm fuzzy from the feeling of helping ;)
  59 [02:16] <rww> That's what that is? I thought it was indigestion.
  60 [02:17] <DarkwingDuck> Libertopia is getting rough... I'm having a hard time witht he funds... Being unemployed sux
  61 [02:17] <DarkwingDuck> But, I've been talking to a couple places for sponsorship.
  62 [02:17] <philipballew> would canonical help?
  63 [02:18] <pleia2> DarkwingDuck: maybe another note to the list asking for help?
  64 [02:18] <DarkwingDuck> pleia2: I was going to.
  65 [02:18] <pleia2> philipballew: they sent a conference pack, they don't give financial funding for booths beyond that
  66 [02:18] <DarkwingDuck> philipballew: I'm not sure... I can ask.
  67 [02:18] <pleia2> philipballew: care to share your blog post about the last SD ubuntu hour?
  68 [02:18] <philipballew> i sent in a request to omgubuntu 4 times to give us an article but no word yet
  69 [02:19] <philipballew> yeah. let me post it right here
  70 [02:19] <philipballew> 1 min
  71 [02:19] <pleia2> they did an article
  72 [02:19] <DarkwingDuck> philipballew: They did do it.
  73 [02:19] <philipballew> hum. you got a link?
  74 [02:19] <DarkwingDuck> Its in a ping back on my blog.
  75 [02:19] <philipballew> https://philipballew.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/ubuntu-hour-success-can-we-do-it-again/
  76 [02:20] <pleia2> hooray san diego
  77 [02:20] <DarkwingDuck> It was awesome. 2 brand new people off the street!
  78 [02:20] <pleia2> :)
  79 [02:20] <philipballew> and that guy matt signed up on the email list
  80 [02:21] <pleia2> ok, I think we pretty much covered everything
  81 [02:21] <pleia2> anything else before we wrap up?
  82 [02:22] <pleia2> ok, I'll email the list reminding about the release, DarkwingDuck will email about leadership and Libertopia help
  83 [02:22] <pleia2> thanks everyone :)
  84 [02:22] <pleia2> #endmeeting

CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/11September25 (last edited 2011-09-29 06:41:32 by lyz)