- Our efforts with fixing upgrade issues finally came to fruition -- all upgrade tests, including lucid → precise with thousands of universe packages.
- Discussed new autopkgtest Jenkins integration with Colin and Jean-Baptiste, and fixed a few tests. (pitti)
Fixed the annoying bugs in OneConf and got it in shape for precise with 53 test cases (taking ~ 450s to run)!
- Fixed crashers around the place! Go go quality!
Fixed another at-spi-atk related upgrade issue from oneiric to precise. (TheMuso)
Started gathering some important fixes for Orca, since 3.4.1 won't be out before final freeze, and I want these for the RC/final release. (TheMuso)
Also started gathering some final QT at-spi fixes, also needed before final freeze. (TheMuso)
Insert things to discuss at meeting here..
- Unity 5.10 release is under preparation:
- we got the latest very important branches merged between Thursday and Friday
- compiz and compiz-plugins-main is in latest state of the art in the ppa
- zeitgeist release had the newest libzg. The new zeitgeist and -datahub patch to fix "empty dash when you first log in" will be released and uploaded tomorrow.
- some lignome-desktop changes for the background calculation, fixing a lot of bugs, is also ready with a compatible unity.
- All this family is in the unity-team ppa since Friday evening.
- the call for testing has been done on Friday evening, and collected on Monday. The results are really good and quite complete from the 85 test results on unity-3d and 7 on unity-2d.
- we are stricking with a crash right now and some memory leaks. All is under control and we will hopefully get a fix for everything by the end of the day.
- Some other minor fixes as well are gradually uploaded to the same ppa.
- another issue has been found on graphical cards supporting only opengl 2 and not 3. The fix should be trivial and will overcome this oversight.
- an epic battle in gtk and gnome-control-center for making the alt key configurable is now to the end. The gnome-control-center part will be published as soon as the new unity-2d will enter the archive (to avoid segfault on unavailable gsettings key)
So, hopefully, finale unity release for precise on Wednesday evening, but more realistically on Thursday morning (european time).
IRC log Western edition