Diogo Miguel Constantino dos Santos
diogoconstantino at ubuntu-pt.org ; diogo.santos at ansol.org ; diogo.santos at direitosdigitais.pt
Worked in IT for a number of years, in several positions, mostly around development, but also systems administration.
Member of several associations related with IT such as Portuguese National Association for Free Software (Associação Nacional para o Software Livre, ANSOL), and of the Portuguese Association for the Defence of Digital Rights (Associação D3 - Defesa dos Direitos Digitais). Where held at times responsibilities on social organs.
Activist around Digital Rights, mostly on subjects around Copyright, Free Software, Privacy, Open Standards,
Lisbon Perl Monger...
I've been early on involved with the Portuguese community, in several ways, my first attempts to participate date at least as early as of May 2005 (https://launchpad.net/~diogo-santos).
Most contributions I made were as a member of the Portuguese LoCo, and for the Portuguese LoCo. Most notable exception was organizing a Release Party for Artful Aardvark, and my involvement with the Ubuntu Touch Ubports community.
Portuguese LoCo team member
Has member of the LoCo community I've been participated in several ways:
- I'm currently one of the five Portuguese Local Community Council members, and one of the 3 administrators,
- User support
- Initially on the mailing list and at monthly events as the mailing list fell out of use;
- Event organization support,
- Assisting with tasks of organization, and communication of events,
- Promoting the community (i.e.: recruiting) and Ubuntu,
Getting people to join the LoCo, and the Ubuntuverse
- General organization of the team,
- Relaunched Lisbon monthly meetup (January 2017),
- And helped others continue, by helping width scheduling and communication,
Co-administrator part of the LoCo own technical infrastructure (Nextcloud box, mailing lists, web-site, etc...)
Do some moderation of the Portuguese LoCo Telegram group.
Podcast Ubuntu Portugal
Founder and co-host of Podcast Ubuntu Portugal. A podcast dedicated to promoting Ubuntu Ubuntuverse and Free Software in Portuguese Language.
I'm member of the Ubports First Responders Team, and also Captain for the Portuguese Language. Wich means I assist people who want to join the community mostly Portuguese speakers who don't speak English, or are not comfortable doing so, and do liaison with the Portuguese(speaking) Ubuntu Touch community organized by the Ubuntu LoCo.
LoCo monthly meetings in Lisbon (before they stopped)
LoCo monthly meetings in Sintra (before migrating to Belgium)
All sorts of LoCo events social and technical
UbuCon Europe 2016
UbuCon Europe 2017
- Expand Podcast Ubuntu Portugal
- Help others podcasting with Ubuntu and about Ubuntu and Free Software
- Bring more awareness about Ubuntu and Free Software
- Help managing community
- Find more ways to support users
- To do technical contributions (bugs and maybe code)
- Help others to do technical contributions (bugs and maybe code)
Help manage the Portuguese LoCo infrastructure
Re-activate the Belgium LoCo
- Participate in more Ubuntu and Free Software events
- Bring more women and minorities to the community
- Bring more young people into the community
- Have fun with Ubuntu and my Ubuntu lover friends
- Help create an international event about Ubuntu
- Bring more understanding of Digital Rights issues to the Ubuntu Community
- Bring more understanding of Free Software and Ubuntu To Digital Rights activists
I only can say one thing: Diogo has to be an Ubuntu member! I'll not meet a guy with so much passion about Ubuntu and its community as Diogo has. He is always trying to help, he is always involved everywhere. Then, I wouldn't say +1 for his application, I would say +1000! -- costales
In a scale from 1 to 10 Diogo is an 11 on the Ubuntu passion level! He is in constant evangelization of everyone around him, always in the right word/advice. I share with him some projects like the Podcast Ubuntu Portugal, that he challenge me to do with him and until now is being quite a ride... Thanks for everything, bro!-- tcarrondo