Date - 2018-08-26
Mailing List - ubuntu-it on lists.ubuntu.com
IRC - #ubuntu-it on freenode
twitter - ubuntuit
Launchpad page - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-it
- Upgrade our main server (hosted by Canonical) to xenial
- this requires some coordination as we need to upgrade our forum to a major version and rewrite the theme,
- Finish our new website that has been a work in progress for a few years already
2018-2019 meetings (here are some of the past IRL events)
- Draft a new rulebook for the renewal of the council, to better reflect the changes that happened to the community in the last decade
- Evaluate and possibly host an Ubucon in the next years
In the past two years in particular:
- The renewed sysadmin team took over from the past one, leading to some consolidation and improvements (one achievement was having all our websites under HTTPS-only mode)
Meetings and attendance at conferences, all listed in our LoCo Directory page: http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-it.
I° Ubuntu-it Meeting, Jan 2008
II° Ubuntu-it Meeting, Sep 2008
III° Ubuntu-it Meeting, Mar 2009
IV° Ubuntu-it Meeting, May 2010
V°Ubuntu-it Meeting, organized with the Debian Community, Sep 2010
VI°Ubuntu-it Meeting, May 2011
VII° Ubuntu-it Meeting, Nov 2011
VIII° Ubuntu-it Meeting, June 2012
VIX° Ubuntu-it Meeting, Nov 2012
Debian-Ubuntu Community Conference Italia 2013, organized with the Debian Community, June 2013
IX° Ubuntu-it Meeting, Nov 2013
Debian-Ubuntu Community Conference Italia 2014, organized with the Debian Community, May 2014
X° Ubuntu-it Meeting, Nov 2014
Debian-Ubuntu Community Conference Italia 2015, organized with the Debian Community, May 2015
XI° Ubuntu-it Meeting, Nov 2016
Debian-Ubuntu Community Conference Italia 2017, organized with the Debian Community, May 2017
MERGE-it, organized with the wider FOSS presence throughout all of Italy, March 2018
We have a wide presence in the social networks, managing:
a Facebook Page with 8,584 "likes"
a Facebook Group with 6,236 members
a Google+ Page with 2,354 followers
a Google+ communitiy with 8,363 members
a Twitter profile with 5,122 followers
a Youtube channel with 48 self made videos, 1,281 subscribers and over 150,000 views.
Interview for RAI3 Neapolis show (RAI3 is a national TV channel)
YouTube channel with different TV shows where some of our members have appeared
Partecipated as member of the jury for the Italian Web TV prize TiVoglio Così.
Links to old photo streams of our events:
The working teams are those groups that maintain certain services for the community. Current activities include: website, forum, mailing list, irc, wiki, translations, social media, sysadmins and more.
All groups have a dedicated mailing list (the Siena LUG provides us with a small server with a mailman instance that handles the http://liste.ubuntu-it.org domain to provide local mailing lists), and/or an email address (an alias) to be contacted. We don't have a team that administer/moderate all our mailing lists (other than overall administration of mailman), the administration/moderation is left to the members of that particular group based on their needs.
The Working Teams
The active groups, counting as of 2016-08-26 80 people in total, are:
3 members, in charge of https://www.ubuntu-it.org
10 members, in charge of https://forum.ubuntu-it.org with about 175,000 users
Documentation - https://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoDocumentazione
15 stable members, in charge of https://wiki.ubuntu-it.org
Translation - https://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoTraduzione
- 4 members, in charge of launchpad translations
FCM Magazine - https://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/Fcm
3 members, in charge of the Full Circle Magazine translation.
Development - https://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoSviluppo
- 6 approved members, mentoring packaging and application development
Marketing - https://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoPromozione
18 stable members, producing a weekly newsletter, moderating social networks resources and other projects
- 15 members, operators in the various #ubuntu-it-* channels used by us
Sysadmins - https://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoSistemisti
- 5 members, managing the two underlying servers that have been donated to us
The Italian LoCo Council is responsible for the creation of the dedicated mailing lists.
LoCo Team components whom are also Ubuntu Members: 23