Meeting started by xdatap1 at 20:08:03 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-21-20.08.log.html .
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DutchTeamApprovalApplication (czajkowski, 20:10:45)
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ReapprovalApplication2012 (JanC, 20:26:08)
- Team Contact vs. Team Owner - can we leverage loco.ubuntu.com?
Meeting ended at 20:52:59 UTC.
- Ubuntu-NL reapproval
- For: 4 Against: 0 Abstained: 0
- Ubuntu-BE reapproval
- For: 4 Against: 0 Abstained: 0
People present (lines said)
- cprofitt (49)
- czajkowski (33)
- xdatap1 (30)
- Ronnie (23)
- meetingology (22)
- greg-g (20)
- JanC (14)
- FOAD (11)
- pvandewyngaerde (7)
- Thomas_de_Graaff (5)
- jean7491 (3)
- leoquant (2)
- johanvd (1)
- Oer (1)
- ubottu (1)
- Idroy (1)
- oCean (1)
20:08:03 <xdatap1> #startmeeting
20:08:03 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
20:08:38 <xdatap1> so, today's agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda
20:08:55 <xdatap1> let's start with the team's approval
20:09:07 <xdatap1> Netherlands team is here?
20:09:20 <Ronnie> xdatap1: o/
20:09:32 <greg-g> hi there!
20:09:41 <xdatap1> hello Ronnie, welcome! Please introduce yourself and your team
20:09:46 <Ronnie> I'm Ronnie, the new Ubuntu-NL Loco contact. I took the seat over after the absence of our former LoCo contact (Sense Hofstede) a few months ago.
20:10:17 <Ronnie> Ubuntu NL was founded in 2004, and still a very active Ubuntu Community
20:10:23 <czajkowski> aloha folks
20:10:32 <Ronnie> Previous reapproval (2010-12-21) we were not approved, because most of the community councel wanted to wait on the upcoming change in governance structure. Now, more than a year later were ready for a reapproval.
20:10:38 <Ronnie> Bug of the previous approval: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-locoteams/+bug/693178
20:10:40 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 693178 in Ubuntu LoCo Teams "Re-approval, ubuntu-nl" [High,Fix released]
20:10:45 <czajkowski> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DutchTeamApprovalApplication
20:11:17 <Ronnie> The new governance has each month an IRC meeting, were we take disicions on the topics discussed on the mailinglist and we make new action points. The meetings are open for everyone to join. The first part of the meeting is intended for the goverance only, to discuss more quickly and take discisions (everyone is free to read it). In the second part, everyone can join the discussion. 20:11:45 * greg-g nods
20:11:47 <Ronnie> more information can be found in the link czajkowski posted above. Feel free to ask any question
20:12:46 <czajkowski> Ronnie: hiya so glad to see ye guys came back
20:12:49 <cprofitt> I have read your application, taken a look at your website, and at loco.ubuntu.com
20:12:49 <czajkowski> and well done for that
20:13:03 <cprofitt> Well done on the documentation Ronnie
20:13:08 <czajkowski> Ronnie: so a couple of questions as I was on the last council when the application came before
20:13:11 <Ronnie> thx cprofitt
20:13:19 <czajkowski> when sense left the team did seem to go rapidly down hill
20:13:24 <greg-g> Ronnie: I see the list of events these past few years, some of them look interesting, what is the general type of event that Ubuntu-NL puts on or participates in?
20:13:38 <czajkowski> waht measures are no in place to stop such an episode happening again
20:13:44 <czajkowski> *what
20:14:22 <czajkowski> I know there were a lot of issues in the past with information not being passed to others, and conerations happening on the forums but not elsewhere, do you feel that all the extra levels of governance is helping?
20:14:56 <Ronnie> the team did not really gone downhill when sense left the team. We still had meetings every month (thomas_de_graaff took over the meeting chair)
20:15:21 <cprofitt> Ronnie: are any other members from your team in channel presently?
20:15:28 <Thomas_de_Graaff> o/
20:15:30 <johanvd> o/
20:15:44 <JanC> I agree the day-to-day working of the team didn't really go downhill
20:15:46 <czajkowski> Ronnie: we had people coming in looking to find out what to do as they dodnt know what to do
20:15:46 <StefandeVries> o/
20:15:47 <Ronnie> the only difference was that that we hadn't any loco contact at the moment
20:15:47 <greg-g> welcome Thomas_de_Graaff and johanvd !
20:15:50 <leoquant> o/ 20:15:56 * JanC is on the ubuntu-nl IRC team
20:16:05 * StefandeVries too.
20:16:09 <greg-g> welcome all!
20:16:21 <Oer> o/
20:16:22 <cprofitt> Ronnie - so it was an issue with having a single contact? or was that also the team 'owner' for LP?
20:16:33 <cprofitt> welcome to all Ubuntu-NL folks!!
20:16:40 <cprofitt> great to see such a strong showing!!
20:17:00 <Ronnie> czajkowski: yes we contacted the community councel to ask what steps we needed to take to make a smooth transition. but that didn't mean the team got downhill.
20:17:48 <greg-g> Ronnie: good, so, do you think the current situation is positive for the team? Are the events/decisions happening in a positive manner?
20:17:57 <Thomas_de_Graaff> I want to add that the structures Sense laid out made it quite easy to continue with a missing member.
20:18:04 <cprofitt> Thomas_de_Graaff: +1
20:18:17 <cprofitt> I see that now looking at LP
20:18:20 <Ronnie> greg-g: it defenitly improved very much
20:18:43 <Ronnie> there were some issues this year, but i think we handled them all very nice
20:18:52 <greg-g> great!
20:19:10 <greg-g> what are your plans for this year: the usual of release parties and global jams?
20:19:47 <Ronnie> the new governance is also more present in the community than before
20:19:58 <Ronnie> like i mentioned the open meetings improved it a lot
20:20:29 <xdatap1> good Ronnie, thanks. Any other question? otherwise we can vote
20:20:36 <cprofitt> I am set to vote
20:20:37 <Ronnie> yes, definitly release parties and UGJ
20:20:58 <Ronnie> but also improvements on the insight in the current community
20:21:10 <greg-g> good deal
20:21:16 <Ronnie> and finding out whats needed to improve it even more
20:21:54 <Ronnie> we also working very hard on the new website: Demo: http://communityserver.ubuntu-nl.org/
20:22:23 <greg-g> looks good!
20:22:29 <czajkowski> well done
20:22:45 <Ronnie> and were planning to do more workshops in the ubuntu-nl-mwanzo team
20:23:19 <xdatap1> Ronnie, that one is an interesting idea, I'll ask you more info next days about it
20:23:26 <Ronnie> which will result in more active participation in the community
20:23:57 <xdatap1> let's vote, then
20:23:58 <xdatap1> #voters czajkowski xdatap1 greg-g cprofitt
20:23:58 <meetingology> Current voters: cprofitt czajkowski greg-g xdatap1
20:24:07 <xdatap1> #vote Ubuntu-NL reapproval
20:24:07 <meetingology> Please vote on: Ubuntu-NL reapproval
20:24:07 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
20:24:11 <cprofitt> +1
20:24:11 <meetingology> +1 received from cprofitt
20:24:13 <greg-g> +1
20:24:13 <meetingology> +1 received from greg-g
20:24:15 <czajkowski> +1
20:24:15 <meetingology> +1 received from czajkowski
20:24:19 <xdatap1> +1, keep up the good work
20:24:19 <meetingology> +1, keep up the good work received from xdatap1
20:24:37 <xdatap1> #endvote
20:24:37 <meetingology> Voting ended on: Ubuntu-NL reapproval
20:24:37 <meetingology> Votes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
20:24:37 <meetingology> Motion carried
20:24:48 <Thomas_de_Graaff> \o/
20:24:55 <xdatap1> congratulation guys
20:24:56 <StefandeVries> \o/ Hoorah!
20:25:07 <Idroy> \o/
20:25:10 <cprofitt> congrats folks... job well done!!
20:25:13 <Ronnie> thx xdatap1, cprofitt, czajkowski, greg-g
20:25:16 <oCean> Great. Gefeliciteerd mannen!
20:25:20 <Thomas_de_Graaff> Thx. council.
20:25:28 <xdatap1> let's move on, Belgium Team
20:25:47 <pvandewyngaerde> hello from Belgium
20:25:52 <Ronnie> good luck south neighbours
20:26:00 <pvandewyngaerde> congratulations Ronnie
20:26:07 <leoquant> good luck belgium!
20:26:08 <JanC> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ReapprovalApplication2012
20:26:10 <cprofitt> Who is here from Ubuntu-BE?
20:26:15 <JanC> o/
20:26:22 <pvandewyngaerde> o/
20:26:25 <jean7491> hi from belgian loco team
20:26:55 <cprofitt> Good to see you folks; I appreciate your attending JanC pvandewyngaerde jean7491
20:27:02 <xdatap1> Hello JanC! Nice to see you. Please introduce yourself and introduce your team
20:27:07 <FOAD> o/
20:28:53 <czajkowski> welcome folks
20:28:55 <JanC> well, I'm the loco contact of the Belgian Team, and we promote Ubuntu in Belgium, as you can see on the ReApproval wiki page ☺
20:29:04 <czajkowski> nicely detailed
20:29:19 <czajkowski> and I know from hands on experience of seeing the team in action at FOSDEM how active this team is
20:29:28 <cprofitt> I am curious how the idea of having a council for your team is working out; has it helped the team?
20:29:59 <pvandewyngaerde> i am also a member of the council
20:30:25 <FOAD> And I give moral support.
20:31:09 <cprofitt> FOAD: that can be very important at times
20:31:21 <FOAD> Thank you.
20:31:34 <xdatap1> I like the idea of "Ubuntu-be Promise"
20:31:52 <xdatap1> well done guys
20:31:53 <cprofitt> JanC: I am curious how the idea of having a council for your team is working out; has it helped the team?
20:32:01 <JanC> cprofitt: good question; as personally I am not really convinced of its added value right now, but maybe in the future... 20:32:14 * cprofitt nods
20:32:21 <cprofitt> similar experience with my team
20:32:46 <cprofitt> from the wiki event entries it does not look like the team is affected by it... lots of activity
20:32:53 <czajkowski> JanC: is there a reason the team doesnt use the LTP, not that there is a requirement to use it, just curious
20:33:06 <cprofitt> I was just going to ask that as well
20:33:21 <JanC> czajkowski: mostly because we already used infrastructure on our own site
20:33:21 <cprofitt> loco.ubuntu.com makes it very easy to see future and past events
20:33:46 <czajkowski> JanC: wouldnt you prefer to see all events on the LTP where all other teams use it ?
20:33:56 <JanC> I discussed changing that with our former webmaster, bu as he emigrated to Canada recently...
20:34:18 <cprofitt> the issue for me with LTP is the ability for new users to find only one source of information
20:34:27 <JanC> so we need to get back to that in the future with the new one
20:34:42 <cprofitt> looking at loco.ubuntu.com leads me to beleive that there is no activity... which is clearly not the case
20:34:46 <czajkowski> though I've seen your flyers and info booths, I do know all your work is up to date and would show only one place
20:34:46 <JanC> the idea would be to pull in events from LTP then
20:34:58 <cprofitt> +1 JanC - that would work fantastic
20:35:21 <greg-g> JanC: another qustion: how do you plan on increasing exposure of Ubuntu/Free Software in schools (as stated on your roadmap)?
20:35:33 <cprofitt> I would really like to have the great example your team sets and have the entire global community see it
20:36:23 <czajkowski> JanC: that would be nice, but again no requirement for it, other than it bein nice to see all teams use it
20:36:33 <czajkowski> makes it easuer to see how teams are doing from one site
20:36:54 <JanC> I don't think we really have a roadmap as the team, but some individuals are working with schools, and we have the company that spreads awesome Ubuntu multiseats in schools & libraries ☺
20:37:34 <greg-g> awesome!
20:37:49 <xdatap1> any other question? otherwise we can start voting
20:37:54 <cprofitt> all set here
20:38:02 <greg-g> go for it!
20:38:18 <xdatap1> #vote Ubuntu-BE reapproval
20:38:18 <meetingology> Please vote on: Ubuntu-BE reapproval
20:38:18 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
20:38:20 <jean7491> about schools:as now there are only individual initiatives, hope is that a council helpshould help coordination and encouraging other initiatives
20:38:25 <cprofitt> +1
20:38:25 <meetingology> +1 received from cprofitt
20:38:27 <FOAD> I just want to say Belgium is the best.
20:38:27 <xdatap1> +1
20:38:27 <meetingology> +1 received from xdatap1
20:38:37 <FOAD> +1
20:38:42 <czajkowski> +1
20:38:42 <meetingology> +1 received from czajkowski
20:38:49 <czajkowski> FOAD: only council members vote
20:38:57 <FOAD> Oh, sorry.
20:39:00 <pvandewyngaerde> FAIL
20:39:02 <FOAD> -1 then.
20:39:06 <greg-g> +1
20:39:06 <meetingology> +1 received from greg-g
20:39:12 <xdatap1> #endvote
20:39:12 <meetingology> Voting ended on: Ubuntu-BE reapproval
20:39:12 <meetingology> Votes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
20:39:12 <meetingology> Motion carried
20:39:13 <FOAD> I apologize profoundly.
20:39:24 <cprofitt> no worries FOAD
20:39:24 <greg-g> congrats!
20:39:28 <xdatap1> congratulation Belgium!
20:39:31 <pvandewyngaerde> thanks
20:39:31 <JanC> \o/
20:39:33 <cprofitt> congrats Ubuntu-BE
20:39:36 <JanC> thanks all!
20:39:46 <jean7491> thx
20:40:31 <Thomas_de_Graaff> Gefeliciteerd
20:40:48 <xdatap1> ok, next topic. cprofitt would you introduce it?
20:40:53 <cprofitt> sure
20:40:57 <cprofitt> can you set the topic
20:41:14 <xdatap1> #topic Team Contact vs. Team Owner - can we leverage loco.ubuntu.com?
20:41:18 <cprofitt> As you all know we have has some issues with teams getting notified about reapproval due to team owners and team contacts not being the same or because team owners have gone off the grid even though the team is active.
20:41:53 <cprofitt> I would like to suggest that we use loco.ubuntu.com as the source for team contact information as it allows the sep. of the two roles and it allows multiple users in those roles
20:42:05 <FOAD> Hurray, congratulations my Belgian brethren.
20:42:12 <pvandewyngaerde> btw, on the wiki it says there is a bug created when a team needs reapproval, was there a bug for ubuntu-be ? i did not find one
20:42:25 <cprofitt> pvandewyngaerde: the bugs are private
20:42:29 <cprofitt> so it is not searchable
20:42:31 <czajkowski> FOAD: pvandewyngaerde we're on a new topic
20:42:52 <FOAD> I know that.
20:43:04 <cprofitt> does that seem reasonable to the council to use loco.ubuntu.com?
20:43:43 <czajkowski> well all teams are imported there from LP so all details should be up to date and makes it easier to find out who to contact rather than seaching lp
20:44:36 <cprofitt> that was my thought czajkowski
20:44:48 <cprofitt> would that require a re-write of any tools?
20:45:21 <xdatap1> we send emails with LP, right?
20:45:29 <czajkowski> xdatap1: nop
20:45:38 <czajkowski> you send a mail from what ever tool you use to send mails
20:45:55 <czajkowski> only if people do not have public addresses do you us elp to contct them
20:46:12 <czajkowski> which I do object if you are the team contact you shouldbe able to be contacted and email address public
20:46:13 <greg-g> that changed, no?
20:46:24 <cprofitt> +1 czajkowski
20:46:35 <xdatap1> how do we send re-approval emails?
20:46:47 <greg-g> (I thought there was a change to the way LP sent emails to people with private emails)
20:46:53 <cprofitt> I would think re-approval emails would be generated by LP via the bugs
20:47:02 <cprofitt> which would send an email to anyone we subscribe
20:47:23 <cprofitt> but not 100% sure on how it was done in the past.
20:47:30 <czajkowski> greg-g: it does email them
20:48:01 <JanC> yep, I got mail once I was subscribed
20:48:48 <greg-g> cagood deal
20:49:11 <czajkowski> cprofitt: once you add the team contact sure.
20:49:18 <xdatap1> cprofitt, so the proposa is to use the loco dir just a white page for LoCos contatcs, right? Not changing the way we send email
20:49:23 <czajkowski> which would have been gotten from the LTP
20:49:29 <greg-g> btw, I'm fine with this, if I don't see the vote due to lag
20:49:30 <cprofitt> yep
20:49:48 <cprofitt> just use loco.ubuntu.com as the source of who contacts are
20:50:02 <cprofitt> do we need an actual vote or just an informal +1?
20:50:13 <cprofitt> I don't think we really need a vote
20:50:22 <cprofitt> just want to make sure we are all on the same page
20:50:30 <xdatap1> It's fine for me
20:51:05 <czajkowski> all one the same page here
20:51:11 <cprofitt> cool.
20:51:20 <cprofitt> I will motion that we adjourn the meeting
20:52:18 <FOAD> Okay.
20:52:40 <xdatap1> shall we end, then?
20:52:47 <czajkowski> yes please
20:52:59 <xdatap1> #endmeeting