Main Inclusion Report for `zaptel`
Availability: Zaptel is in universe, Arch: any
Rationale: As with bug #18175, Zaptel cards connect to POTS/BRI/PRI lines, and are generally used with SIP servers to route calls as a far less expensive PBX. It has particularly strong support in the Asterisk userbase, and including this would go a long way towards having really good Asterisk support in main.
- No CANs found by daniels (it's a new program)
- Maintained by the Debian VoIP team
- Two unreproducible FTBFS bugs in Debian, awaiting more information. One of them only applies to the version in experimental. A few other bugs, but seem to be resolved rather rapidly.
- Requires exotic hardware which takes effort to support.
- The package meets the FHS.
MartinPitt: Similar to MainInclusionReportAsterisk, this package requires someone who knows the package well, has the necessary hardware, and commits to maintain it for a longer term. If there is an approved Ubuntu specification that requires this package, then I will reconsider, but for now I rather want to not burn our hands with it.