What: Release party for Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron
Where: Globe Bar & Grill
565 Boylston St
Boston, MA 02116
When: April 24th, 2008 7pm till we pass out
Who: YOU! There will also be other Ubunteros, developers, geeks, fans, delicious foods, and tasty beers
Pictures from the previous release party: Gutsy Gibbon Release Party
Answers to All Your Questions
Finger foods will be available (feel free to donate a few bucks). Servers will be around for dinner from the menu, and drinks so bring plenty of cash.
How do I get there?
- We will be on the mezzanine, just go all the way back past the bar and bathrooms and up the stairs.
I don't run Ubuntu yet. Should I come?
Sure. Bring a laptop. You can try not get beer spilled on it and we can try to set you up with HardyHeron.
I still have friends who don't use Ubuntu. Can they come?
- Sure. Tell them to bring their laptop. See above.
If you are planning on attending, please add your name to the list below. We need a head count so we can reserve a big enough table.
Martin Owens (DoctorMO)
Mike Rushton (Leftyfb)
- Sara Abbott ("deviousdragen")
- T-Burn (avila)
- Jason M Normand
- Jonathan M. Prigot
- Rebecca L. Prigot
- Aaron Sherman
Dan Horan (MoneyD) +1 (my newly converted Ubuntu useing roommate)
Carter McKendry (+1)
- Rachael Anderson
- Cameron Cope (maccam94) -- I'll be arriving on a plane from Washington D.C. at 9pm, I'll call ahead to see if the party is still going. Can someone save me a CD?
- Dan Boateng (aka dannamite) -- I'm new to Linux and excited about this meeting.
- Matt Lee
If you are embarrassed that all your Windows friends will find out about your Ubuntu habit you can RSVP in secret by emailing Martin Owens at email@example.com.
See you there!