- We meet at 7pm on IRC channel #ubuntu-us-nc
To join the meeting without setting up an IRC client click here
Welcome and attendance
The chair of the meeting should endeavour to ensure that key points are discussed in an appropriate time. The chair will paste in items from the agenda during the meeting, please try to keep comments within the relevant topic, when the chair closes a topic by posting the next one you may finish the line you are typing and return to it in any other business or after the meeting. MootBot is used in meetings, please familiarise yourself with the functionality available prior to the meeting. If a vote is called you can say +1 0 or -1 to record your vote. You can do this with a private message to the bot if you don't want your vote to be public.
Governance and leadership
Discuss proposed changes to the definitions of roles as defined in
[TOPIC] Review the leadership wiki
- Review proposed changes to definitions.
- Call for vote. [VOTE] Approve
[TOPIC] Ubuntu Advocacy
- The fortnight in review:
- individual advocacy - What are you doing to get the word out?
- Team advocacy - What is the team doing to get the word out?
[TOPIC] Upcoming opportunities
- What, if anything are we doing here?
[TOPIC] Outreach to rural areas
[LINK] see MD Tour
- continue or backburner?
- enter below if time allows
- New projects begun since last meeting
- New project ideas
- enter below if time allows
[TOPIC] Team Approval
- Status of action items in progress to meet the requirements
Afaik all we need to do is make the application wiki page. The fact that we are working on the wiki organization is evidence of activity.
for a mockup of our application for approval.
- Next Meeting Information
- Selection of Chair and meeting date
Meeting opened by _marx_ at 00:00
<_marx_> take 34
<_marx_> Meeting started who all is here for the meeting?
<marco_polo> fake out
<_marx_> BugeyeD: ping
_marx_ usually lets this go for 5 mikes
<BugeyeD> just put the youngest down a bit early in hopes of making it all the way through this meeting
<_marx_> [TOPIC] Review the leadership wiki
Review the leadership wiki
<_marx_> has everyone seen the revisions to council?
<BugeyeD> whoah, magedragon25 is here!
<_marx_> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/council
<magedragon25> been for a minute or two
<BugeyeD> i'm still having issues with my lp/wiki account, so don't know when pages change ...
<_marx_> BugeyeD: can you view that page?
<BugeyeD> i can view the councel page, yes. sorry. thought i had responded to that question. i reckon mage through me off.
<_marx_> hi Italian_Plumber
<magedragon25> huh? sorry...
<_marx_> has everyone read https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/council
<internalkernel> yep... looks good
<BugeyeD> er, yes
<BugeyeD> anything in particular you're hoping to hear?
<_marx_> [vote] approve changes and create /Council page
Motion: approve changes and create /Council page
<_marx_> [TOPIC] Ubuntu Advocacy
Results: 3 in favour, 0 against, 1 abstained.
Motion Carried: approve changes and create /Council page
Motion Denied: approve changes and create /Council page
Deadlock. If someone has a casting vote now is the time to use it
<_marx_> anything to report here people?
BugeyeD dabbled in advocacy a bit today by talking to a few "everyday joes" about free desktops
<BugeyeD> despite being "online" and "on facebook" where plenty of information abounds,
<magedragon25> anyone that I can bring up the sunject with, I do....most of the time it's fellow students
<akgraner> I've been asked to have a booth at the goat festival in Spindale, NC (that's all I know at the moment)
<BugeyeD> none of the joes had a clue their pc didn't have to run windows. this discussion started after one complained about a virus and the others started nodding their heads.
<_marx_> well advocacy at the goat festival
<BugeyeD> akgraner: was that a misspelling?
<internalkernel> I finished creating the interface for a Loom, which was based off ubuntu
<internalkernel> its going to be part of the standard production of these machines now
<akgraner> nope - goat festival
<BugeyeD> internalkernel: as in weaving?
<internalkernel> touch screen interface, no keyboard...
<internalkernel> yeah, an automated loom
<internalkernel> I believe it's a dobby loom at this point
<_marx_> [TOPIC] Upcoming opportunities
<BugeyeD> apparently we have the opportunity to convert a few goats
<BugeyeD> or at least enlighten them
<_marx_> we have a release party location booked for pti
<BugeyeD> woo! where?
<_marx_> BugeyeD: 4-29 at Foothills
<akgraner> internalkernel, holstein I think we should have one at Firestorm
<internalkernel> sounds good to me
<internalkernel> ill probably be out of town though...
<nameiner> alinuxfan and JFo and I talked about Raleigh release party last night
<magedragon25> marx:what time at Foothils?
<BugeyeD> _marx_ +1
<_marx_> rdu area right nameiner
<nameiner> correct _marx_
<BugeyeD> i'd really like to be where jfo talked about, the saucer i think. will have to find a reason (ubuntu hour?) to go there soon
<_marx_> magedragon25: i think 7 but i should check
<BugeyeD> magedragon25: you can bring the disco ball.
<_marx_> jam days folks
<nameiner> yes, we decided on the Flying Saucer
<akgraner> nameiner, the Saucer rocks!
<nameiner> I know akgraner
<_marx_> so we have release day parties covered
<BugeyeD> i'll participate in a jam day if at all possible. what are the dates? isn't it a string of three days?
<_marx_> late march
<magedragon25> I think we still need a place for jam days
<_marx_> magedragon25: yes for us in pti area
<magedragon25> anyone ask at foothills or krankies?
<BugeyeD> the one in carrboro (thanks bac) worked out great, but it was a bit far for me
<akgraner> I am sure we'll do something in WNC..
<_marx_> global jam things need to get firmed up pretty quick
<BugeyeD> krankies might work for pti, but i'm not sure about foothills. unless we can have a room there, and i don't even know if they have wifi.
<BugeyeD> wifi is a necessity, and i don't have a mifi.
<_marx_> family friendly
<magedragon25> I've seen a room the one time I went to foothills, and I hear thay have wifi....but how big of a room do we need
<BugeyeD> i've been in rooms at foothills (one up and one down) and they are plenty big unless you have over say 20 people.
<_marx_> magedragon25: i've reserved the room at street level to the right
<_marx_> [TOPIC] Team Approval
<BugeyeD> i approve of this team
<BugeyeD> i'm not aware of any headway being made in the approval process, just that we're trying to more or less get stuff ready to start the process
<BugeyeD> akgraner would likely know more, as she has contact with some of those types of folks that might actually do the approving ...
<_marx_> current sandbox
<akgraner> BugeyeD, we can get a couple people to look at the sandbox _marx_ is referring to..
<akgraner> we need to include some pics from some of the events.. I'll link a few blog posts from some the events to it
<nameiner> I have pics from the last release party
<BugeyeD> i've been to several ubuntu days and completely forgot about taking pictures.
<BugeyeD> i've tried to document them, though.
<BugeyeD> i'll try to work on wiki format this weekend.
<akgraner> so any events any of us have written/documented we need to put links on the approval wiki
<BugeyeD> okay, where's the approval page?
<BugeyeD> is that the roadmap page?
<BugeyeD> i created sandbox so that i could mess with formatting without screwing up any of the official pages. has that become the approval page?
<akgraner> _marx_, can you just rename sandbox to something like NCApprovalPage
<_marx_> BugeyeD: no
<akgraner> or just create it..
<magedragon25> sorry....didn't realize my hour ran out...had to change my mac
<_marx_> okay we're at the new goal of one hour
<BugeyeD> magedragon25: heh. you at krankies?
<BugeyeD> awesome. may meet you there next time.
<magedragon25> what did i misss
<_marx_> [agreed] to new council definitions
to new council definitions
<_marx_> at one hour I'm closing the meeting
Meeting closed at 01:01