I'm Pasi Lallinaho, known as knome from IRC. I'm a 28 year old entrepreneur from Helsinki, Finland. I'm a self-taught professional, and I've worked with the computer business for over 10 years. My company Digitoucan provides services on graphic design, web and content consultancy. Education-wise, I am a bachelor of social services.
My work with Open Source
Dates and titles
Joined the Ubuntu community in September 2008 and started working with Xubuntu right away
Worked as the Xubuntu Marketing Lead from September 2008 to April 2010
Xubuntu-related projects I've been leading and involved with
- Rewriting the Xubuntu Strategy Document
- Modernizing the team structure and processes to help new people get involved
- Desktop suites (including wallpapers, themes etc.) both directly and via the Shimmer Project
- Marketing efforts, including website refreshing and increasing social media participation
- Complete documentation rewrite
Other responsibilities and projects
- Opping the #xubuntu -namespace IRC channels and Xubuntu mailing lists
- Ubuntu QA tracker admin
- Ubuntu community help wiki admin
- Helping Ubuntu Studio to build their infrastructure
- Various smaller artwork, website and design related tasks for many teams
Before Xubuntu, I worked with user support and the Rokymotion marketing team in the Amarok project for about two years from 2006 to 2008.
In 2010, I founded the Shimmer Project with Steve Dodier. The Shimmer Project kept on contributing artwork for Xubuntu, but spread to help other projects too. These projects include the Albatross, Bluebird and Greybird desktop suites, the "Shimmer" layout, extension and modification for gmusicbrowser as well as some WordPress plugins and themes not completely publicly released yet.
I've also been working on some WordPress plugins.
IRC: knome @ irc.freenode.net
Open source blog: http://open.knome.fi/
My company: Digitoucan, http://digitoucan.fi/inenglish
Testimonials of others
- knome is a dedicated individual who is working hard to make Xubuntu better. He is often in #xubuntu and #xubuntu-devel assisting others with solid knowledge. He is always considerate of others and willing to help. knome's work in Xubuntu artwork is being used in Jaunty 9.04. As Xubuntu Marketing Lead, his attempts to bring together the Ubuntu alternatives as a working discussion group are commendable. An outstanding individual and a pleasure to have on the team. --charlie-tca