12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) Weekly Meeting
October 16 - Unseeded Universe Final Freeze
October 18 - 12.10 Release
- Work Items for 12.10: 2752 on 10/12 was 2997 on 9/28
- On blueprints, please remember to put all work items in the separate section, give it an importance and target blueprint to a specific milestone.
- All blueprints must be marked approved and targeted for the release to show up on the tracker.
- All blueprints must be marked approved and milestoned to show up on the +upcomingwork
Suggested format to use for blueprints that are for feature development is: BlueprintSpec
- Quantal Schedule:
- Bugs being tracked:
- Bug tracking workflow has now changed:
stakeholders nominate bugs for Ubuntu Engineering by marking them with the 'rls-q-incoming' tag (where 'q' is the current release letter)
- engineering managers and/or defect analysts accept bugs from this incoming queue by targetting them to the quantal release and removing the rls-q-incoming tag
engineering managers and/or defect analysts decline to commit to fix bugs by tagging them 'rls-q-notfixing'
To make this meeting efficient for everyone (and hopefully reduce confusion), would appreciate it if everyone tried to follow these conventions.
At start of meeting, please wave or say hi so we know you're present and paying attention.
Once the topic, becomes Question and Answer Session,
- When you have a new question to ask, or thread of conversation to start off, please raise your hand "o/"
- If your just asking a follow up question/commenting on the current open question - just type.
- When possible, please target your questions to specific individuals by using their nick. Others should feel free to comment if they have information to add to the discussion.
- When you've finished your comments on the current question/discussion topic, please use the convention ".." so we know you're done, and we can move on to the next queue'd up question (as indicated by a 'o/').
I'll try to call on folks in the order I see "o/"s showing up after the Q&C session starts.
Once there are no more "o/"'s in the queue, we'll end the meeting, there won't be an any other business topic, etc.
Suggestions on improving the above conventions are most welcome.
Hardware Certification team update - brendand
QA team update - gema
Upcoming tasks: https://launchpad.net/~canonical-platform-qa/+upcomingwork
- Daily testing status can be found:
Community testing update - balloons
Security team update - mdeslaur
Upcoming tasks: https://launchpad.net/~canonical-security/+upcomingwork
Kernel team update - ogasawara
Foundations team update - ogra
Upcoming tasks: https://launchpad.net/~canonical-foundations/+upcomingwork
Server team update - arosales
- Work items:
LTS 12.04.1 hardening: http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/group/topic-quantal-servercloud-12.04.1.html
Juju charms and service orchestration: http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/group/topic-precise-servercloud-service-orchestration.html
Upcoming tasks: https://launchpad.net/~canonical-server/+upcomingwork
Linaro update - fabo
Ubuntu One Team - joshuahoover
Desktop Team update - seb128
Team status: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus
Upcoming tasks: https://launchpad.net/~canonical-desktop-team/+upcomingwork
Unity Team update - popey
- plans: ??
Kubuntu Team update - jr
Edubuntu Team update - stgraber or highvoltage
Xubuntu Team update - knome or astraljava
Ubuntu Studio update - scott-work
Lubuntu Team update - gilir
Mythbuntu Team update - superm1
- Working on 12.04.1 LTS, not 12.10
MOTU Team Q&A - tumbleweed, iulian or Laney