August 2014 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- Meeting 2014-08-07
- Check in with Xubuntu Team
Check in with UbuntuStudio Team
- Meeting 2014-08-21
Check in with the LoCo Council
- Check in with the Tech Board
Developer Membership Board
An update from the Forums Council for August 2014
Dell, Asus and Ubuntu One forums closed following prior notice. Archive still available in General Help.
Full Circle Magazine area moved to The Cafe and closed after consultation with Ronnie Tucker.
Following a request from the Docs Team the Community Wiki Discussion area has been renamed and repurposed to include that.
New Ubuntu Member added to the Forum Member group - welcome to the fold chili555
Ubuntu Development Teams
- Team Meetings
- Team Updates
- skellat has been engaged in backport requests and sync requests
- bluesabre enabled clutter in parole, but it's not been set xubuntu-default-settings yet.
- Beta 1 in 2 weeks time - will call for testing, depending on response will reflect on whether to bother with Final Beta
- Debian import freeze went into effect
- Feature freeze came up on the 21st
- we now have pkexec policy files for thunar and mousepad
- bluesabre to put list of xubuntu packageset packages on wiki (somebody beat me to it by adding the link)
- bluesabre to upload new xubuntu-default-settings
- bluesabre to enable clutter in parole, set as default in xubuntu-default-settings
- skellat mailed list to see if anyone wishes to identify specific low-hanging fruit tasks for the Global Jam
- ochosi did a new release of the icon theme that adds support for the new power-manager amongst others
- new versions of catfish, lightdm-gtk-greeter, xfce4-power-manager, xfce4-settings, light-locker-settings have landed
- ochosi talked to ubuntu devs about gtk3.12 affecting our default applications like evince. they will all remain in their gtk3.10 versions for 14.10, so we have nothing to worry about with headerbars and client-side decorations
- outside of that, headerbars and CSD work well enough with xubuntu... with compositor on they are fine, with it off, they have an extra xfwm titlebar on top
- apt-offline is fixed in utopic, courtesy of Unit193
- lightdm-gtk-greeter no longer supports proper centering, wondering if you guys think we should keep the "kinda-centered" layout, or consider others
Released 14.10 Beta 1
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
August 2014 was a quiet month with no events for the CanadianTeam.
German Kubuntu Team
- We attended Open Source Conference 2014 Kansai@Kyoto as exhibitor and speaker.
- Software Design
Ubuntu Monthly Report: http://gihyo.jp/magazine/SD/archive/2014/201409
- Ubuntu Weekly Topcis
- Ubuntu Weekly Recipe
- Software Design
* Ubuntu hour - reopening lectures for beginners in Belgrade haklab, every Tuesday.
* Sat, 09 August Lecture "Be Ubuntu" held in Belgrade haklab.
* Fri, 29 August Ubuntu users hanging out in Belgrade haklab.
* Sat, 30 August IRC meeting about preparations for SFD was held.
* On Saturday 2nd, 9th, 16th 23rd and 30th August, Administration team meeting was held.
South African Ubuntu team
Tue, 26 August: Monthly IRC Meet -- Minutes
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
New York State Team
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Ubuntu NGO Team