February 2014 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- 2014-02-06 meeting:
- Forums check-in
- Translations check-in
Replacement of FloodBots on IRC
2014-02-13: Published Community Council Statement on Canonical Package Licensing
- 2014-02-20 meeting:
- Ubuntu Studio check-in
Developer Membership Board
#ubuntu-meeting: DMB, 24 Feb at 19:01 — 20:00 UTC
Full logs at http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2014/02/24/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt (bot was dead, so no mootbot)
- Chair: Scott Kitterman
- Present: Scott Kitterman, Micah Gersten, Stéphane Graber, Stefano Rivera (with Barry Warsaw and Iain Lane voting via email)
Review of previous action items
The discussion about "Review of previous action items" started at 19:06.
Add upload rights for pocock (19:08): waiting for reply from pocock on package list
ACTION: stgraber to add upload rights for pocock
Call for votes on Noskcaj (micahg): Not done, rolled into PPU application, action completed during meeting.
Per Package Uploader Applications -- Jackson Doak
The discussion about "Per Package Uploader Applications -- Jackson Doak" started at 19:08. Both his PPU application and his pending MOTU application were discussed and voted on.
Vote: Should noskcaj join ~motu? (Deadlock)
- Jackson did not join ~motu with +2/-2
Vote: Should noskcaj have PPU upload rights for the Xubuntu packageset? (Deadlock)
- Jackson did not receive the requested upload rights with +2/-2
Per Package Uploader Application - GunnarHj
The discussion about "Per Package Uploader Application - GunnarHj" started at 19:35.
Vote: Should GunnarHj get upload rights to ubuntu-docs ? (Carried)
GunnarHj did receive the requested upload rights with +6/-0
Per Package Uploader Application - sergiusens
The discussion about "Per Package Uploader Application - sergiusens" started at 19:41.
Vote: Should sergiusens get upload rights to lxc-android-config, android, goget-ubuntu-touch, phablet-tools, autopilot, golang-gocheck, golang-pb, golang-go-flags, session-manager-touch, platform-api, android-tools, ofono, maliit-framework, and ubuntu-keyboard ? (Carried)
- sergiusens did receive the requested upload rights with +6/-0
- No discussion due to lack of time.
#ubuntu-meeting: DMB, 10 Feb at 15:06 — 16:15 UTC
- Chair: Iain Lane
- Present: Barry Warsaw, Benjamin Drung, Micah Gersten, Stéphane Graber, Stefano Rivera
Review of previous action items
The discussion about "Review of previous action items" started at 15:06.
micahg to update documentation on PPU team restructuring.: No reply, carried.
Add upload rights for pocock and hyperair (15:07): hyperair done, pocock requires clarification on packages involved
ACTION: stgraber to add upload rights for pocock and hyperair
MOTU Application - Artur Rona
The discussion about "MOTU Application - Artur Rona" started at 15:09.
Vote: Should ari-tczew join ~motu? (Carried)
- Artur joined ~motu with +5/-0
Per Package Uploader Application - zequence
The discussion about "Per Package Uploader Application - zequence" started at 15:36.
Vote: Should zequence get upload rights to the packges listed in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/zequence/DeveloperApplication ? (Deadlock)
Kaj didn't receive the requested upload rights: Votes for:1 Votes against:1 Abstentions:3
ACTION: micahg_mobile to start a vote on Noskcaj on devel-permissions
Ubuntu Development Teams
- Team Meetings
- Team updates
- slickymaster has finished porting the Mugshot documentation into the Xubuntu docs
- slickymaster started to work on porting the Xfdesktop documentation into Xubuntu docs
- Docs team held a Trusty meeting and assignments were handed out
- xubuntu-qa Package testing - Settings Manager - mandatory testing +2, run-once and optional +1
- xubuntu-qa 12.04.4 32bit/ Live 4 tests, Alt 5 test
- xubuntu-qa 12.04.4 64bit/ Live 6 tests, Alt 6 tests
- xubuntu-qa Trusty Daily 32 bit 11 tests
- xubuntu-qa Trusty Daily 64 bit 18 tests
- xubuntu-qa XFCE Core Package testing due next week
- xubuntu-qa light-locker has seen testing now
- Kudos to knome and bluesabre for getting the SRU Docs update through all the hurdles
- elfy Blueman added to Network Testsuite
- knome and pleia2 helped startubuntu create some xubuntu-branded versions of "xp to *buntu*" flyers
- the flyers were widely shared on social media and pleia2 is printing some up for an upcoming conference
- site updated to link to several language variations on spreadubuntu.org
- got pavucontrol merged into indicator-sound as an alternate recommends to the control centers, so we shouldn't be pulling them in because of that at least.
- xubuntu-docs 14.04.0 uploaded
- git snapshot of xfce4-panel pending upload/review
- light-locker will see a 1.2 release towards the weekend, which brings the feature of timed-locking, bregma will package/upload it
- knome got the new website theme pushed to production, release soon
- lightdm-gtk-greeter got a 1.8 release and is waiting to be packaged/uploaded
- slickymaster finished the Xfdesktop documentation in Xubuntu docs
- our gtk-themes got releases in git, shimmer-themes is ready to updated for b1
- lderan has got his meetingology bot changes now live, more to follow soon
- xkb-plugin 0.7.0 now in trusty, might need testing
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
- February 1st: irc meeting about candidatures for next Ubuntu release party.
- February 16th: irc meeting about election of the place for next Ubuntu release party, that will be in Lleida.
German Kubuntu Team
- Software Design
- Ubuntu Weekly Topcis
- Ubuntu Weekly Recipe
* Ubuntu hour - lectures for beginners were held in Belgrade haklab, every Tuesday.
* On Saturday 2nd, LUGoNS Barcamp3 were held. Ubuntu LoCo was present with a lection about Ubuntu software.
* New moderators elections of Ubuntu Serbia forum were held.
* On Sunday 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23th February, Administration team meeting was held.
South African Ubuntu team
Tue, 25 February: Monthly IRC Meet -- Minutes
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
- Meeting to discuss FF applications group.
- ISSATSo 14.02 - Ubuntu-tn Event at ISSAT Sousse
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
New York State Team
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
- Made preparations for the Documentation Day in March
Ubuntu NGO Team
Ubuntu Women Team
Team Meeting February 11th
- Began planning development steps ahead now that we have Harvest feedback
- Launched working demo of contribution matrix, team is now testin