January 2013 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- 2013-01-17 meeting:
- Xubuntu check-in
- The team saw many community-related improvements last cycle, including: revised strategy document, many marketing initiatives, new offline documentation, many improvements on our website and social media outlets and progress towards a bigger team/community
- Increased community strength seems to have more users because some people are looking for a more classic desktop, more users means more of a pool to draw from contributor-wise
- Also have been working to fix up some of our getting involved documentation
- Been looking at automated testing and wondering if we can use them in the future (hopefully for next LTS)
- Ubuntu Studio check-in
- Development has been slightly restrained lately, however that may be due to decreased involvement of a team lead who was the one to pursue action items and keep pushing things
- That isn't to say that all development has stopped because people like zequence and len have been pushing things along with micahg's assistance
- No immediate cause for concern but there is a feeling that Ubuntu Studio needs active stewardship and vision
- Discussed ways in which the team could be more cohesive without central leadership, suggested regular meetings
- To help focus, they are hoping to clarify the mission of the project and _exactly_ who are target audience (like the Xubuntu strategy document)
- A question was raised about timing and location of the Ubuntu Developer Summit, Jono confirmed the contract was just signed and it will be early May and in Oakland
Developer Membership Board
Developer Membership Board meeting, 2013-01-07
Chair: Cody A.W. Somerville
Members Present: Benjamin Drung, Cody A.W. Somerville, Stéphane Graber, Iain Lane, Barry Warsaw, Micah Gersten
Review of previous action items
laney to describe criteria and process for lightweight amending of ppu rights (for dds)
ACTION: DMB members to read proposal and be prepared to vote next meeting on next action
micahg to ask docs people if they want to apply for a packageset
Bjoern Michaelsen for libreoffice
VOTE: For: 2 Against: 1 Undecided: 2
Application was unsuccessful.
Ubuntu Contributing Developer
Adam Stokes for Ubuntu Contributing Developer
VOTE: For: 5 Against: 0 Undecided: 0
Application was originally for Ubuntu Core Developer but changed to Ubuntu Contributing Developer during meeting. The application was successful and Adam Stokes welcomed as Ubuntu Contributing Developer.
Any Other Business
Restaffing of DMB
The term for several DMB members expire on 2013-02-13. There is a need to arrange for restaffing process to be executed.
ACTION: DMB to sort out re-election stuff.
Developer Membership Board meeting, 2013-01-28
Chair: Stefano Rivera
Members Present: Stefano Rivera, Stéphane Graber, Micah Gersten, Benjamin Drung, Barry Warsaw
Review of previous action items
- We voted to accept the Dynamic PPU procedure
- For: 5, Against: 0, Abstentions: 0
- Action: Iain to publish the Dynamic PPU Procedure on the wiki somewhere
- Upcoming re-staffing election
- Action: Micah to run the election, starting ASAP, ending on midnight 10th-11th Feb
Aron Xu's application for upload rights to im-config and other pkg-ime packages
- The application was re-defined from a set of PPU rights, to an input-methods package set, containing "packages maintained by the pkg-ime team in Debian, and im-config"
- The outcome of the application was voted on:
- For: 5, Against: 0, Abstained: 0
- It passed, unanimously, and Aron Xu was added to the ubuntu-input-methods-uploaders Launchpad Team, which was granted upload rights to the packageset described above.
- Congratulations, Aron.
Ubuntu Development Teams
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
4 January 2013: Ubuntu Hour Kitchener
24 January 2013: Ubuntu Hour Waterloo
- January 16th: irc meeting about the place for the new release party in May.
- January: tasks on organizing new Free Culture pary in Caldes de Montbui, near Barcelona, in February 16th.
- January 25th: install party for IT students in Caldes de Montbui, near Barcelona.
- two smaller events in Prague (discussion with our members, plans for this year, etc.)
German Kubuntu Team
- Ubuntu Monthly Report: Using Remote Desktop
- Ubuntu Weekly Topcis
- Ubuntu Weekly Recipe
- Mainly correspondence over FB group and Forum
- Organizing more people to participate in our Blog/News
* Ubuntu hour - lectures for beginners were held in Belgrade haklab, every Tuesday.
* Ubuntu LoCo and System 76 cooperation (a renowned manufacturer of hardware devices) that results in making Ubuntu labels.
* Elections for the new Ubuntu Serbia forum moderators were held.
* On Saturday 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th January, Administration team meeting was held.
South African Ubuntu team
Mon, 21 January: Monthly IRC Meet -- Minutes
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
- Ubuntu-flash coffee
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
- Team Meetings
- Ubuntu Hours
- Began planning for Ubucon and Ubuntu booth at SCaLE11x in February
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
New York State Team
- Hands on Linux Workshop on Saturday, January 19 2012 at 12:00 EST
- Command Line Fu and Linux vs Android on Thursday, January 17th 2012 at 19:00 EST
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
In kicking off the year 2013, the Ohio team is pleased to report the following actions were taken in January:
A business meeting was held via IRC on January 23rd meeting with the log posted to the Ubuntu Wiki Infrastructure
An inaugural "educational session" was held via IRC to bring together members flung far and wide across the State of Ohio to learn about The Joy of BeagleBoard
- Efforts continue to find ways for members to come together virtually due to vast distances between members and the economic disadvantage gasoline prices currently present relative to coming together
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Beginners Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Ubuntu NGO Team
Ubuntu Women Team
Team Meeting January 8th
- Ubuntu Women Full Circle Magazine interview follow up blog series:
- Silvia Bindelli (Dolasilla) and Flavia Weisghizzi (Deindre) gave classroom presentation on the Ubuntu Women – Italy group