September 2007 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- We worked to get 2.19.92 (2.20.0 Release Candidate) packaged into Gutsy.
- We got GNOME 2.20.0 into Ubuntu Gutsy.
Lots of contributors helped with that: DesktopTeam/WeeklyTODO, DesktopTeam/LastWeeksTODO
- Added p54 driver to linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22
- Merged 188.8.131.52 into gutsy kernel
- Edgy, Dapper and Feisty kernel security updates
- VMware stability patches for Feisty (from VMware)
- Packaged Intel AMT Management tools
- New Virtual kernel flavor, stripped down for virtual machines
- Updated to UnionFS 2.1.3, fixing several bugs exposed by LiveCD
- Updated iwlwifi drivers (Intel 4965 Wireless support)
- Enabled 64-bit Xen kernel
- Updated nVidia driver to latest release, fixes suspend/resume issues
- Enabled nVidia/FGLRX drivers on Xen/RealTime kernels
- Lots of bug fixes
- Bug fixes done for kdebase, kdelibs, kdepim, kdebluetooth and kdenetwork
- Gutsy docs completed and uploaded for translation
- Tweaks, fixes and configurations done to Dolphin in preparation to have it take the spot as default file manager
Python-kde3 Bug #117731 - Python crashes after attaching pty to a konsole kpart fixed and uploaded to Gutsy. Feisty upload currently being tested.
- Kdebase updated to fix kdm security vulnerability
- Kubuntu lead developer Jonathan Riddell is really enjoying his vacation
After putting lots of good work into the ServerTeam, Mathias Gug became MOTU.
Steve Kowalik managed to get VirtualBox into Gutsy.
After tremendous work in the MOTU team, we're happy to call Chris Halse Rogers a team member.
We included UbuntuDevTools in universe.
Andrea Veri is now part of the MOTU team.
MOTU/WikiCleanUp is in full swing.
MythTV 0.20.2 SRU for edgy & feisty
- Bug fixing in lirc, splash, cd builds, mythtv, mythplugins
Weekly builds released: fixes & trunk
- Control centre enhancements
- Adding XFCE As default window manager
- Support within the channel
- Started month of screencasts
- Added screencast site RSS feed to planet ubuntu
- Added RSS feeds to popular podcasting site "feedburner" so that we can enable users to download screencasts using podcatcher programs.
- Added large (HD720p) Ogg feed to Miro (democracyplayer as was) as a channel, so people can watch screencasts within their player.
- Fielded questions from external non-English speaking people about subtitle translation
- Recruited a member to transcribe screencasts to .srt caption/subtitle files for translation
- Recruited a member to write a script to make video conversion easier
Meeting held on 10th Sept:- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/Meeting20070910
Subtitles added to the site:- http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/Subtitle_Usage
mathiaz and dantalizing will look after TeamReporting.
- nealmcb will send an email to ubuntu-server ml about blueprints cleaning
soren presented his print-server task for tasksel. His proposal can be found at http://tinyurl.com/3czchw. soren waits for feedback from ubuntu printing expert and may write an MIR for printconf.
- soren will send an email to ubuntu-devel about using postfix as default package in control files.
DocDay was held last friday (07 Sept) and produced an updated wiki page for the KnowledgeBase.
- sommer updated php5 pages in the wiki and in the ubuntu server guide.
- nealmcb created a list of factoids that should be added to ubotu. To be discussed ubuntu-server mailing list.
mathiaz has integrated the latest upstream version fo AppArmor. keescook started to review mathiaz's bzr branch and will test it.
- Preventing fake loco channels
- Seveas will codify (on the wiki) the discussion we had about this as a naming policy.
- We will continue to handle these cases in a case-by-case manner and use this policy to point people at.
- We discussed policies for bot cloaks. Seveas will codify it as a policy on the wiki.
- Both policies above are up for discussion on the ubuntu-irc list when the first draft is finished.
- Launchpad teams were shifted around, with a new ubuntu-irc-council team being set as owner for ubuntu-irc and ubuntu-irc-cloaks
- Now that the council has been approved, Seveas is replacing all references to himself on the wiki with the Council where appropriate.
Working to establish formal relationship with Ubuntu Classroom Project to replace our Courses
US LoCo Teams Project
see September Report for a full list of Metrics
Case Badge Project Lead by the MassachusettsTeam
Several LoCo teams assisted in the planning of representing Ubuntu at the Ohio Linux Fest.
The project also encouraged LoCo teams to participate in SFD.
- Engaged in discussion on how teams handle money and reduce exposure to liability
- A US Teams meeting was held on September 22. Meeting Logs and Summary can be found here.
TeamReports/September2007 (last edited 2008-08-06 16:59:42 by localhost)