September 2007 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- We worked to get 2.19.92 (2.20.0 Release Candidate) packaged into Gutsy.
- We got GNOME 2.20.0 into Ubuntu Gutsy.
- Added p54 driver to linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22
- Merged 18.104.22.168 into gutsy kernel
- Edgy, Dapper and Feisty kernel security updates
- VMware stability patches for Feisty (from VMware)
- Packaged Intel AMT Management tools
- New Virtual kernel flavor, stripped down for virtual machines
- Updated to UnionFS 2.1.3, fixing several bugs exposed by LiveCD
- Updated iwlwifi drivers (Intel 4965 Wireless support)
- Enabled 64-bit Xen kernel
- Updated nVidia driver to latest release, fixes suspend/resume issues
- Enabled nVidia/FGLRX drivers on Xen/RealTime kernels
- Lots of bug fixes
- Bug fixes done for kdebase, kdelibs, kdepim, kdebluetooth and kdenetwork
- Gutsy docs completed and uploaded for translation
- Tweaks, fixes and configurations done to Dolphin in preparation to have it take the spot as default file manager
Python-kde3 Bug #117731 - Python crashes after attaching pty to a konsole kpart fixed and uploaded to Gutsy. Feisty upload currently being tested.
- Kdebase updated to fix kdm security vulnerability
- Kubuntu lead developer Jonathan Riddell is really enjoying his vacation
After tremendous work in the MOTU team, we're happy to call Chris Halse Rogers a team member.
We included UbuntuDevTools in universe.
Andrea Veri is now part of the MOTU team.
MOTU/WikiCleanUp is in full swing.
MythTV 0.20.2 SRU for edgy & feisty
- Bug fixing in lirc, splash, cd builds, mythtv, mythplugins
Weekly builds released: fixes & trunk
- Control centre enhancements
- Adding XFCE As default window manager
- Support within the channel
- Started month of screencasts
- Added screencast site RSS feed to planet ubuntu
- Added RSS feeds to popular podcasting site "feedburner" so that we can enable users to download screencasts using podcatcher programs.
- Added large (HD720p) Ogg feed to Miro (democracyplayer as was) as a channel, so people can watch screencasts within their player.
- Fielded questions from external non-English speaking people about subtitle translation
- Recruited a member to transcribe screencasts to .srt caption/subtitle files for translation
- Recruited a member to write a script to make video conversion easier
Meeting held on 10th Sept:- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/Meeting20070910
Subtitles added to the site:- http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/Subtitle_Usage
mathiaz and dantalizing will look after TeamReporting.
- nealmcb will send an email to ubuntu-server ml about blueprints cleaning
soren presented his print-server task for tasksel. His proposal can be found at http://tinyurl.com/3czchw. soren waits for feedback from ubuntu printing expert and may write an MIR for printconf.
- soren will send an email to ubuntu-devel about using postfix as default package in control files.
- sommer updated php5 pages in the wiki and in the ubuntu server guide.
- nealmcb created a list of factoids that should be added to ubotu. To be discussed ubuntu-server mailing list.
mathiaz has integrated the latest upstream version fo AppArmor. keescook started to review mathiaz's bzr branch and will test it.
- Preventing fake loco channels
- Seveas will codify (on the wiki) the discussion we had about this as a naming policy.
- We will continue to handle these cases in a case-by-case manner and use this policy to point people at.
- We discussed policies for bot cloaks. Seveas will codify it as a policy on the wiki.
- Both policies above are up for discussion on the ubuntu-irc list when the first draft is finished.
- Launchpad teams were shifted around, with a new ubuntu-irc-council team being set as owner for ubuntu-irc and ubuntu-irc-cloaks
- Now that the council has been approved, Seveas is replacing all references to himself on the wiki with the Council where appropriate.
US LoCo Teams Project
see September Report for a full list of Metrics
The project also encouraged LoCo teams to participate in SFD.
- Engaged in discussion on how teams handle money and reduce exposure to liability
- A US Teams meeting was held on September 22. Meeting Logs and Summary can be found here.