December

  • Technical Board meeting, 2009-12-01 (chair mdz)
    • Prior action review, leaves the follow still to do:
      • [ACTION] cjwatson checking on IS RT #36139 to add devel-permissions
      • [ACTION] Scott to redraft Units policy to address Scott's and Matt's concerns and clean up language
      • [ACTION] Colin to clarify trademark/license distinction on licensing policy
    • Archive reorganisation (ColinWatson)

      • [ACTION] cjwatson to create a wiki reference for development teams to participate in the reorg
    • https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/UpdatesPolicy

      • Would be good to outline a regression handling policy as well.
      • Default to assuming users want stability.
      • [ACTION] ScottK to revise proposal based on TB meeting discussion
    • When is it a good idea to fail out of a maintainer script? (mdz)
      • Generally, failing preinst is preferred to failing postinst.
      • Generally, daemon start-up failure should not fail postinst.
      • May help to make a distinction between devel and release upgrades.
      • No clear "philosophical" state of being configured, so it's is non-obvious how to decide what should be considered a failure.
      • Would be beneficial to present a straw-man proposal to the Debian TC to coordinate this.
      • Will continue at the next meeting.
    • Community Bugs
      • https://launchpad.net/bugs/485569 "TB term length is unclear"

        • elections single-year staggered with resulting positions having a two-year term.
        • [ACTION] sabdfl to update LP/wiki/www to reflect the actual term length for TB
      • https://launchpad.net/bugs/485971 "Technical Board mailing list archive is private"

        • blocked on IS, now that DMB is up and running.
        • [ACTION] cjwatson to nudge RT 35428
    • Out of time, deferred further review to next meeting
    • Next meeting: kees to chair
  • Technical Board meeting, 2009-12-15 (chair kees)
    • Prior action review
      • Excepting tasks covered under the UnitsPolicy and Kubuntu/UpdatesPolicy discussions below, prior actions were all done.

    • UnitsPolicy

      • Generally okay, but some minor clean-ups still needed. Could coordinate with Debian.
      • [ACTION] mdz to fix language wrt cmdline meaning in Unit policy
      • [ACTION] kees to present Units policy to Debian TC via bdale
    • Status of ARM port vs. archive publishing (slangasek, mdz)
      • ARM is considered supported for Karmic and later, even though it lives on ports.
      • [ACTION] cjwatson to document meanings of archive vs. ports, cdimage vs. releases, etc.
    • Archive reorganisation (ColinWatson)

    • Kubuntu/UpdatesPolicy
      • [ACTION] ScottK to update policy based on kubuntu upstream feedback
      • [ACTION] kees to follow up with ScottK on Kubuntu/UpdatesPolicy updates
    • Execute Permission Policy (KeesCook)

      • [ACTION] kees to clean up further and re-present at next meeting
    • Check up on community bugs (standing item)
      • https://launchpad.net/bugs/485559 "Mark Shuttleworth has no expiration date set in the tech-board LP team"

        • [ACTION] sabdfl to propose to CC that the TB is a CC delegate, and clarify his role
        • [ACTION] sabdfl to update bug with status and discussion
    • When is it a good idea to fail out of a maintainer script? (Matt Zimmerman)
      • Deferred, ran out of time.
    • Next meeting is Jan 12, 2010. Chair: cjwatson

TechnicalBoard/TeamReports/09/December (last edited 2009-12-17 02:07:57 by kees)