← Revision 37 as of 2012-01-11 17:10:43
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|Line 2:||Line 3:|
|''Working document for the Oct. 1-2 desktop testing sprint.''||Links to automated testing projects and wiki pages focused on specific testing efforts.|
|Line 4:||Line 5:|
|== Agenda ==||=== Projects ===
* [[http://friendly.ubuntu.com|Ubuntu Friendly]] - Community driven hardware validation testing using Checkbox
* [[https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-server-iso-testing|Ubuntu ISO Testing]] - Tests that validate the stability of ISO installations (Server, Desktop, Alternate)
* [[/Desktop|Desktop Testing]] - Automation of the desktop tests using LDTP.
|Line 6:||Line 10:|
| * Desktop testing
* Evaluating technologies LDTP, dogtail and Accerciser
* ISO integrity and install testing
* Upgrade testing (including GUI functionality)
* Package install/remove testing
* Hosting: Where and how do we host the automated tests?
|=== Tools ===
* [[/Checkbox|Checkbox]] - Application to launch tests and send results to Launchpad.
* [[http://sikuli.org|Sikuli]] - GUI Testing Automation Framework
* [[https://launchpad.net/update-manager|Auto Update Tester]] - Validate upgrades using !AutoUpgradeTester which is part of update-manager
* [[http://autotest.github.com/|Autotest]] - Automated Testing Framework
* [[http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/KVM-Autotest|KVM Autotest]] - Automated testing of ISO images in VMs
* [[http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/|Phoronix Test Suite]] - Cross-platform automated benchmarking/test suite
|Line 13:||Line 18:|
|== Ideas ==||=== Other ===|
|Line 15:||Line 20:|
| * '''UbuntuTesting@Home:''' Present the test scripts in a way that allows people to test with them easily at home. Initially this would be a set of packages with test scripts glued together by a howto wiki page. Later we can add a GUI interface that lets users download and run tests.
* '''Test reporting website: ''' A section of qa.ubuntu.com where users can upload test results.
| * [[http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22681/]]
||<tablestyle="width:95%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;">'''Sub-pages:'''||<<Navigation(children,1)>>||
Links to automated testing projects and wiki pages focused on specific testing efforts.
Ubuntu Friendly - Community driven hardware validation testing using Checkbox
Ubuntu ISO Testing - Tests that validate the stability of ISO installations (Server, Desktop, Alternate)
Desktop Testing - Automation of the desktop tests using LDTP.
Checkbox - Application to launch tests and send results to Launchpad.
Sikuli - GUI Testing Automation Framework
Auto Update Tester - Validate upgrades using AutoUpgradeTester which is part of update-manager
Autotest - Automated Testing Framework
KVM Autotest - Automated testing of ISO images in VMs
Phoronix Test Suite - Cross-platform automated benchmarking/test suite