Ubuntu Touch OTA-5 Update
As each channel and device has separate versioning, the following list shows the respective image numbers corresponding to the released update:
ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - krillin: #24
ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - vegetahd: #4
ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - generic: N/A
ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - arale: #3
ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - generic: N/A
ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - mako: #21
Overview of changes
This list is only a highlight of the few changes available in this update. Please check the detailed changes for all the changes included in this OTA.
Unity8 now supports full-shell rotation, all applications now by default support rotation - explicit locking to a selected one is required if wanted. The whole system also got new updated icons: both the indicators, system-settings, toolkit and core-applications.
- Overall battery life improvements, power consumption in normal usage greatly improved
- LED notification fixes - the button now properly lights up on incoming notifications
- GU size change, allowing the system to make more use of the additional screen space
- Updated translations for all the available languages
- Multiple network and telephony improvements
- New platform-api (v3), Ubuntu UI Toolkit and mir (0.13.3)
- Most up-to-date core-applications
...and much much more.
Milestone bug list: https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww28-2015
The following is a list of issues that notable enough for explicit mention in the release notes.
- Bug #1458694 - unity8 fails to start on the emulator
- Bug #1444883 - Emergency numbers other than 112 and 911 (and 999 for the UK) are not available in emergency mode
- Arale battery level indication unreliable