Ubuntu Touch is no longer maintained as a core product by Canonical. However, the Ubports community are continuing development.
Ubuntu Touch OTA-7 Update
As each channel and device has separate versioning, the following list shows the respective image numbers corresponding to the released update:
BQ Aquaris E4.5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - krillin: #26
BQ Aquaris E5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - vegetahd: #6
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - mako: #24
Meizu MX4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - arale: #6
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - mako: #24
Nexus 7 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - flo: #2
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - generic: #17
On a device, this "image number" is shown as the "OS build number" in System Settings > About this phone > OS.
Overview of changes
This list is only a highlight of the few changes available in this update. Please check the detailed changes for all the changes included in this OTA.
- Addition of search functionality to the webbrowser history view, improved context menu
- Webbrowser HTTP basic auth support
- Support for SVG in the gallery-app
- Scopes likes and retweets
- AMR codec support
- Webbrowser running in an apparmor container
As we know, each release includes a huge number of bugs - some for previous issues and some for new regressions introduced in-between. To see the overall list of what issues got fixed, please check the detailed changes below. The interesting ones are as follows:
- Multiple fixes for memory leaks (making UI freezes less common)
- Disabling crash report uploads by default on stable images (can be re-enabled)
- Fix the QML cache and restore consistent app startup times
- Fixes to use less memory by default in the browser and avoid webapps showing a white screen
- Improvements to screen blanking, use of proximity sensor
- Fixes for the aggressive watchdog, making sure it doesn't cause a bootloop
- Wi-Fi hotspot has been disabled for mako, since it didn't work.
- Additional security fixes
...and much much more.
Milestone bug list: https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww40-2015
The following is a list of issues that notable enough for explicit mention in the release notes.
- LP: #1376268 - No copy/paste context menu in webbrowser-app, fix scheduled for OTA-8