Ubuntu Touch is no longer maintained as a core product by Canonical. However, the Ubports community are continuing development.
Ubuntu Touch OTA-8 Update
As each channel and device has separate versioning, the following list shows the respective image numbers corresponding to the released update:
BQ Aquaris E4.5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - krillin: #27
BQ Aquaris E5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - vegetahd: #7
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - mako: #25
Meizu MX4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - arale: #7
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - generic: not yet released
Meizu MX4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - arale: #3
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - mako: #25
Nexus 7 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - flo: #3
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - generic: not yet released
On a device, this "image number" is shown as the "OS build number" in System Settings > About this phone > OS.
Overview of changes
This list is only a highlight of the few changes available in this update. Please check the detailed changes for all the changes included in this OTA.
New 15.04.2 framework, UITK offering new PageHeader component
- New twitter scope, new book aggregator scope
- Sound controls in the sound indicator (Play, Pause)
QtPurchasing based in-app-purchases
- Media access permissions for sites
- Top level bookmarks view
- Thumbnails and grid view for Top Sites page
- Buteo used for contact sync
- Location service velocity and heading information
- OTA version numbering now visible in system-settings (e.g. OTA-8)
- Completely re-designed weather-app
- Porting core-applications to UITK 1.3
As we know, each release includes a huge number of bugs - some for previous issues and some for new regressions introduced in-between. To see the overall list of what issues got fixed, please check the detailed changes below. The interesting ones are as follows:
- Performance fixes for various components (e.g. messaging-app, SDK components)
- Fixes to location accuracy
- Reduced power use when there is no network connection
- Call ringtone will play on speakers with headphones connected
- Fixes to reduce some of the UI hangs due to dbus traffic
...and much much more.
Milestone bug list: https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww46-2015
The following is a list of issues that notable enough for explicit mention in the release notes.
- LP: #1376268 - No copy/paste context menu in webbrowser-app, fix re-scheduled for OTA-9
- LP: #1517597 - Emulator images broken