Ubuntu Touch is no longer maintained as a core product by Canonical. However, the Ubports community are continuing development.
Ubuntu Touch OTA-9 Update
As each channel and device has separate versioning, the following list shows the respective image numbers corresponding to the released update:
BQ Aquaris E4.5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - krillin: #29
BQ Aquaris E5 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - vegetahd: #9
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en - mako: #27
Meizu MX4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - arale: #9
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.en - generic: not yet released
Meizu MX4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - arale: #5
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/meizu.zh - generic: not yet released
Nexus 4 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - mako: #27
Nexus 7 : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - flo: #5
Emulator : ubuntu-touch/stable/ubuntu - generic: not yet released
On a device, this "image number" is shown as the "OS build number" in System Settings > About this phone > OS.
Overview of changes
This list is only a highlight of the few changes available in this update. Please check the detailed changes for all the changes included in this OTA.
- New 15.04.3 framework
- Media-hub exposure of mpris playlist support
- Update the bluetooth stack to Bluez5
- Media consumption (audio) in scopes
- Smooth refresh of scopes
- Custom ringtone support
- Sound notification on low-battery state
- Download of arbitrary file types in the webbrowser-app
- Convergence changes for the ubuntu-ui-toolkit
- Camera fixes for proper resolution support
- Location-service improvements
- Better translation coverage
- Performance boosts, improvements with regards to UI hangs
And many many more...!
Milestone bug list: https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww02-2016
The following is a list of issues that notable enough for explicit mention in the release notes.
LP: #1518385 - Proximity sensor kept active after call ended