20110414

Meeting opened by AlanBell at 20:13

AlanBell - review of action items from last meeting

  • <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report.

People who have achieved something in April, please place it in the report.

  • <AlanBell> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/TeamReports/11/April

    <popey> done Smile :)

    <Biglesp> doing it now

    <AlanBell> so podcasts and the oggcamp announcement are in

    <AlanBell> hi Biglesp, u3 can go there, that would be great

    <AlanBell> quiz night will go in (more on that later)

    <popey> beerex? Smile :)

    <AlanBell> global jam

    <Biglesp> U3 is in there now

    <popey> nice one Biglesp

    <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] Poke AlanBell for an update on the launch party for natty.

Poke AlanBell for an update on the launch party for natty.

  • <AlanBell> right, I can give an update on this

    <AlanBell> the planned press launch in the afternoon is cancelled Sad :(

    <AlanBell> Canonical couldn't come up with anyone to attend and say a few words

    <AlanBell> so not doing that this time

    <AlanBell> however, the suggestions from the list of the Porterhouse in Covent Garden were liked by Canonical

    <BigRedS> that was the pre-pub bit at BCS?

    <AlanBell> that was indeed the pre-pub bit

    <AlanBell> so we are going straight on with the pub bit now

    <AlanBell> timing is after work, or whenever you get there, till late

    <AlanBell> and of course we have the Natty bank holiday the day after

    <AlanBell> any more to mention on that?

    <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] Notify the team of the change in title to PoC.

Notify the team of the change in title to PoC.

  • <BigRedS> it should probably be in http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/744/detail/ ?

    <AlanBell> or from PoC to team leader that should be

    <BigRedS> the loco launch do list thingy

    <AlanBell> BigRedS: it should indeed

    <AlanBell> [action] AlanBell to put launch party on loco directory

AlanBell to put launch party on loco directory

  • <popey> add an action for me to add it to next podcast

    <popey> which will be live on 26th

    <popey> released on 27th

    <popey> just in time Smile :)

    <AlanBell> [action] popey to mention launch party on the next podcast

popey to mention launch party on the next podcast

  • <AlanBell> not sure the change in title went to the list, I will sort that out with the minutes of this meeting

    <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] Deferring "Daubers - UUK PoC Election Process" till next meeting

Deferring "Daubers - UUK PoC Election Process" till next meeting

  • <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] AlanBell to cover Election process at Global Jam

AlanBell to cover Election process at Global Jam

  • <AlanBell> putting those together, we did review the process document during the global jam

  • <AlanBell> http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/UUKElectionProcess

    <AlanBell> need to pop that on a wiki page and vote it in I think

    <AlanBell> probably at the next meeting as this one is rather lightly attended as we all forgot about it

    <AlanBell> [action] AlanBell to put election process on the wiki

AlanBell to put election process on the wiki

  • <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] AlanBell to email the list about mumble, etc

AlanBell to email the list about mumble, etc

  • <AlanBell> did that

    <AlanBell> mumble worked rather well for the global jam I thought

    <AlanBell> and we are going to use it again on saturday for the quiz

    <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] daubers to email list about Sci-Fi event, and post up doodle poll

daubers to email list about Sci-Fi event, and post up doodle poll

  • <AlanBell> hmm, I didn't see that

    <AlanBell> nope, looks like that is one to carry forward

    <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] HazRPG to hit up Cumbria LUG about Sci-Fi event and post some details their way.

HazRPG to hit up Cumbria LUG about Sci-Fi event and post some details their way.

  • <AlanBell> well that would be a bit hard without the details being set first really

    <popey> Smile :)

    <AlanBell> HazRPG: how is Cumbria LUG?

    <AlanBell> no HazRPG, never mind

    <Biglesp> AlanBell: If HazRPG isn't on, I know that he posted the Sci-fi event on the mailing list, and that Cumbria LUG is restarting to a degree

    <AlanBell> yeah, saw something about that which was quite encouraging

    <AlanBell> anyhow . . .

    <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] Poke Biglesp about how they got on at U3.

Poke Biglesp about how they got on at U3.

  • <Biglesp> Looks like Cumbria LUG will be split into smaller lugs

    <AlanBell> POKE!!!

    <Biglesp> POKE RECEIVED

    <Biglesp> UCubed was a great success, we had a full day of talks and workshops.

    <Biglesp> Talks ranged from Ubuntu packaging, to video editing, and home servers.

    <Biglesp> The attendees enjoyed the unconference format of the event.

    <Biglesp> Blackpool LUG were there, and they ran a Debian demo area, which proved to be a huge crowd pleaser.

    <Biglesp> A write up can be found here http://ucubed.info/ucubed-2011-report

    <Biglesp> And our pictures can be found here http://www.flickr.com/groups/1687774@N22/

    <Biglesp> The organisers will be meeting soon to review the event and create a lessons learnt document for future events.

    <Biglesp> </copy-paste>

    <AlanBell> excellent

    <AlanBell> that would be a useful document to circulate

    <Biglesp> Put me down for that then mate

    <AlanBell> [action] Biglesp to produce and circulate lessons learned document from U3

Biglesp to produce and circulate lessons learned document from U3

  • <Biglesp> Probably take a few weeks to get a version to you

    <AlanBell> yeah, no problem

    <AlanBell> ok, moving on?

    <AlanBell> [TOPIC] AlanBell Quiz night

AlanBell Quiz night

  • <popey> good photos

    <AlanBell> so the quiz night is on Saturday

    <AlanBell> at 21:00 local time

    <AlanBell> the questions are all set and ready

    <AlanBell> they have been prepared by people from all over the world for the UK team

    <popey> Big Grin :)

    <AlanBell> it is in the #ubuntu-trivia channel

    <AlanBell> and you can go there now and have a play with the quiz bot

    <AlanBell> the ubuntu questions will be released before the quiz

    <AlanBell> and we will also be using the mumble server so we can laugh at each other

    <popey> Smile :)

    <popey> win!

    <AlanBell> I will also reset the score table before the quiz so everyone starts from zero

    <AlanBell> but generally there is a running high score, and the observant will notice that I am in the top 10 \o/

    <AlanBell> ok, any questions on the quiz?

    <popey> how will you stop googling?

    <AlanBell> it has cheat protection which stops people putting in multiple answers, can't stop people using google

    <popey> ok

    <AlanBell> however googling is slower than knowing the answer in the first place

    <AlanBell> and they are all on the subject of Ubuntu

    <AlanBell> unless we run out of questions and move to a different category

    <AlanBell> and there will be awesome prizes

    <AlanBell> which are somewhere on my desk I think

    <AlanBell> okies

    <AlanBell> lets leave the british library topic for the moment as Daubers isn't available

    <AlanBell> [TOPIC] AlanBell - Any Other Business

AlanBell - Any Other Business

  • <AlanBell> anyone got anything else they want to bring up?

    <AlanBell> oggcamp tickets are going rather well

    <popey> blimey 26 left

  • <AlanBell> http://oggcamp.org/

    <BigRedS> is there scope for releasing more?

    <popey> yes Wink ;)

    <popey> maaaaybe

    <popey> (main room holds 450)

    <AlanBell> so that is 174 tickets gone!

    <Biglesp> Blimey!

    <AlanBell> in what three days?

    <popey> hope they turn up!

    <popey> yeah, since monday 20:00

    <popey> 100 went in first 24 hours iirc

    <AlanBell> there is a nice chattery channel at #oggcamp too

    <BigRedS> oooh

    <AlanBell> so for the benefit of the minutes, popey what is oggcamp?

    <popey> OggCamp is a community driven un-conference

    <popey> made possible by the presenters of Ubuntu UK Podcast and Linux Outlaws

    <popey> It's on 13th - 14th August in Farnham, Surrey

    <popey> this will be our third - binary 11, which handly is the year

    <popey> (last year was oggcamp 2, 10)

    <popey> we're asking people to come along and talk about stuff that interests them

    <popey> not specifically linux or ubuntu, but just 'stuff'

    <popey> open technology, open culture, open minds

    <popey> <EOF>

    <AlanBell> and Farnham is awesome

    <popey> It is

    <popey> I'm well chuffed to get that venue

    <popey> its a lovely place

    <popey> I hope the weather holds out, because Farnham is beautuful

    <popey> *beautiful

    <Biglesp> popey: Will there be a list of hotels etc put on the website?

    <popey> yes and no

    <popey> we dont have an 'official' hotel

    <popey> but we are recommending the Premiere Inn in Aldershot

    <popey> which is just a few miles down the road and they have a deal on at the moment

    <popey> 44 quid a night iirc

    <Biglesp> ok cheers

    <popey> we have a bug tracker too

    <popey> if there's anything you think we need to do

    <popey> file a bug against http://launchpad.net/oggcamp

    <AlanBell> there may also be some camping options

    <AlanBell> possibly even one with some soothing farmyard clucking sounds

    <popey> Smile :)

    <AlanBell> any more any other business?

    <popey> not from me

    <popey> oh actually

    <popey> if anyone has suggestions for people we should invite to oggcamp, please do let me know!

    <suprengr> just arequest to resend the mumble email... pretty please

    <AlanBell> suprengr: will do

    <suprengr> AlanBell: Smile :)

    <AlanBell> in short apt:mumble

    <AlanBell> then connect to mumble.libertus.co.uk

    <suprengr> cool... & thanks

    <AlanBell> ok, will think about people to invite to oggcamp

    <popey> thanks

    <AlanBell> [TOPIC] Date of next meeting

Date of next meeting

  • <popey> bump to 1 week after release IMO

    <AlanBell> May 5th then?

    <popey> yeah

    <Biglesp> sounds good to me

    <AlanBell> [agreed] date of next meeting May 5th 9PM

date of next meeting May 5th 9PM

  • <AlanBell> [TOPIC] Chair for next meeting

Chair for next meeting

  • <popey> yeah gwan

    <AlanBell> [agreed] popey to chair

popey to chair

  • <AlanBell> #endmeeting


Meeting closed at 20:57

People Present

  • AlanBell

  • popey
  • Biglesp
  • BigRedS
  • suprengr

Actions Recorded

  • AlanBell to put launch party on loco directory

  • popey to mention launch party on the next podcast
  • AlanBell to put election process on the wiki

  • Biglesp to produce and circulate lessons learned document from U3

UKTeam/MeetingNotes/20110414 (last edited 2011-04-14 21:02:20 by alanbell)