20110809

Meeting opened by AlanBell at 20:02

  • <AlanBell> hi all, who is here?

    <brobostigon> o/

    <barrydrake> here I am!

    <AlanBell> hi barrydrake

    <barrydrake> hi

    <furst-timer> hi

    <AlanBell> hi furst-timer

  • AlanBell wonders if popey is here

    <popey> he is

    <brobostigon> ok, i will gtet my bit of the way, i wont be able to attend oggcamp, my eczema is seriously playing up, and have a bad skin infection.

    <AlanBell> brobostigon: oh, sorry to hear that

    <brobostigon> i was hoping it would calm, but it isnt.

    <brobostigon> so, my apolgies.

    <AlanBell> ok, lets start with oggcamp

    <AlanBell> not doing the report and progress items as they seem a bit redundant

    <AlanBell> [TOPIC] Popey - OggCamp

Popey - OggCamp

  • <popey> Hullo!

    <AlanBell> hullo

    <barrydrake> Hi

    <AlanBell> any stuff we need to know about oggcamp?

    <popey> OggCamp happens this Saturday and Sunday in Farnham, Surrey!

http://oggcamp.org/ for details

  • <popey> http://oggcamp.org/ for details

    <popey> pretty much everything is sorted

    <popey> we have people booked for talks, and will have slots for people to give talks if they want to

    <popey> and will have a live recording of the Ubuntu UK Podcast (and Linux Outlaws)

    <popey> and a raffle! to win a kindle, books, and other cool stuff Big Grin :)

    <popey> including some canonical goody bags

    <popey> the event is .. FREE!

    <brobostigon> Smile :)

    <popey> It's friendly, community run and everyone is welcome

    <popey> I think that's it :

    <AlanBell> yay

    <barrydrake> sounds exciting - wish I could be there

    <AlanBell> ok, that sounds excellent, lets move on

    <AlanBell> [TOPIC] AlanBell - LoCo reapproval, are we ready?

AlanBell - LoCo reapproval, are we ready?

  • <AlanBell> hmm, well that was the topic last time and we figured we were nearly ready

    <AlanBell> there have been a few minor edits to the page since then, but really more needs doing

    <brobostigon> i had a look at my rss logs, and couldnt really find anything more than we already had.

    <AlanBell> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ReApprovalApplication2011

    <daubers> AlanBell: We'll have loads of piccies/videos and stuff after Oggcamp Smile :)

    <popey> AlanBell: maybe have an edit session at OggCamp Big Grin :)

    <AlanBell> excellent idea, I am planning to do some editing this week on it too

    <AlanBell> I was thinking of doing an ubuntu-uk session at oggcamp

    <daubers> AlanBell: We should try and get as many loco members together there as we can and do a group photo

    <AlanBell> that too!

    <popey> perhaps we could copy/paste it into etherpad and edit simultaneously at oggamp

    <AlanBell> sounds good

    <AlanBell> one thing we need to do is look up the dates of things and sort into years

    <AlanBell> another is to add more pictures

    <popey> that sounds like a collaborative task in a room

    <brobostigon> sounds interesting.

    <AlanBell> ok, I will take that as an action

    <AlanBell> #action AlanBell to do a session at oggcamp on collaborative editing of the reapproval application

    <daubers> AlanBell: We could do a promo video... "Why should you reapprove the UK Loco". We'll have all the gear to do it at oggcamp Smile :)

    <AlanBell> maybe, sounds like a big edit job though

    <AlanBell> the other thing we need to do is turn up in force next tuesday

    <AlanBell> big flash mob in #ubuntu-meeting

    <daubers> I have some testing time coming up I could use to do it (possibly)

    <barrydrake> sorry - next Tuesday?

    <AlanBell> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda

    <barrydrake> Ah!

    <AlanBell> we are on the LoCo Council meeting agenda for next tuesday

    <popey> *gulp*

    <brobostigon> ok.

    <AlanBell> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/ApprovalApplication2011

    <AlanBell> that is the other team up at the same time

    <brobostigon> exyensive.

    <brobostigon> extensive*

    <AlanBell> yeah

    <AlanBell> so we have a bit of work to do

    <brobostigon> yes.

    <AlanBell> ok, lets move on and close up this meeting then do some poking about with the application

    <brobostigon> ok.

    <AlanBell> [TOPIC] AlanBell - Any Other Business

AlanBell - Any Other Business

  • <AlanBell> anyone want to raise anything else?

    <popey> not i

    <brobostigon> neither.

    <barrydrake> Just that I managed to get to the Nottingham LUG last week for the first time, and it's impressive!

    <AlanBell> great

    <daubers> Also! There's some people trying to start a hackspace in Reading

    <AlanBell> Surrey LUG is kind of good, but very inconvenient for me

    <daubers> Anyone who's interested can have a look at http://www.readingmakerspace.co.uk/joomla/

    <AlanBell> nice

    <AlanBell> one suggestion for events that was knocking about was to do a moving monthly pub night

    <brobostigon> yes.

    <daubers> \o/

    <barrydrake> how moving?

    <AlanBell> so we might designate a particular day of the month (like second wendnesday or something) and find a pub in a random city to go to

    <brobostigon> Smile :)

    <barrydrake> I'll offer Nottingham - how random is that?

    <AlanBell> so London, Reading, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Cambridge, etc

    <AlanBell> Nottingham

    <brobostigon> banbury*

    <barrydrake> It exists

    <AlanBell> so every few months there should be one close enough to go to for most people

    <brobostigon> interesting idea.

    <barrydrake> I like it

    <brobostigon> me too.

    <AlanBell> places reasonably accessible by train and car

    <daubers> Helps if a local person would help to find a place

    <brobostigon> decent beer. is a given, Smile :)

    <AlanBell> yeah, we have local people everywhere, which is kind of the point of the team

    <barrydrake> We could invite the local LUGF along too

    <daubers> Yup

    <AlanBell> good idea barrydrake

    <brobostigon> LUGF ?

    <popey> typo brobostigon

    <brobostigon> oh.

    <barrydrake> Sorry, LUG

    <brobostigon> yes,sorry.

    <daubers> AlanBell: might even be worth pinging any open source types around (hackspaces etc)

    <AlanBell> so to do that we kind of need to pick a day, and map out a schedule of cities

    <popey> Ubuntu UK Roadshow Big Grin :)

    <daubers> AlanBell: First half of the months best

    <AlanBell> daubers: good thinking Smile :)

    <brobostigon> thursday, is quiz night at my local here, hit several stones at once.

    <barrydrake> Anytime in Auitume through Spring

    <popey> be nice to bill as an Ubuntu Hour

    <popey> so no obligation to stay all night

    <daubers> AlanBell: Also might be best for a friday so people can travel/drink if they want (but other reasons may stop people coming then?)

    <popey> just pop in for an hour

    <popey> I dont think you can set a day that will be great for everyone

    <AlanBell> yeah

    <barrydrake> Friday's fantastic fot me

    <popey> if regions want to set their own and keep it (i.e. month 3 moves to another city, but the city in month 2 want to re-visit again, they can)

    <AlanBell> yup, it is an expandable scheme

    <popey> so could become multiple regular meets

    <AlanBell> the Ubuntu UK happy hour

    <popey> yes!

    <brobostigon> Smile :)

    <jacobw> it sounds like a great idea

    <popey> i like that a lot

    <barrydrake> Et moi

    <brobostigon> yes.

    <daubers> +1

    <barrydrake> +1

    <AlanBell> ok, lets do that then

    <daubers> \o/

    <barrydrake> Great

    <brobostigon> Smile :)

    <AlanBell> so we need to make a list of rough locations (to the nearest city) and put them in some kind of order so that it bounces about the country a lot

    <AlanBell> I will have a look through the wordpress plugins and see if there is anything cool to help put it on the website

    <brobostigon> Smile :)

Date of next meeting

  • <AlanBell> Monday 29th?

    <AlanBell> haven't done a monday for a while I think

    <barrydrake> OK for me

    <brobostigon> here also

    <CyberJacob> am I too late?

    <brobostigon> yes, just ended.

    <CyberJacob> dNG

    <CyberJacob> *dang

    <AlanBell> closing up CyberJacob

    <CyberJacob> been busy keeping track of the london riots

    <AlanBell> CyberJacob: yeah, bit of a mess Sad :(

    <CyberJacob> bit.ly/brohoofriots

    <barrydrake> night all

    <AlanBell> [TOPIC] Chair for next meeting

Chair for next meeting

  • <brobostigon> night barrydrake

    <AlanBell> brobostigon: want to chair?

    <brobostigon> AlanBell: ummm,

    <brobostigon> maybe.

    <AlanBell> ok Smile :)

    <AlanBell> #endmeeting


Meeting closed at 20:50

People Present

Actions Recorded

UKTeam/MeetingNotes/20110809 (last edited 2011-08-09 22:09:22 by alanbell)