Brief introduction to the team, meeting, and theme if possible.
Team Page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USTeams
Meeting Log: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USTeams/Meetings/IRCLogs/2009-02-18
Meeting Chair: Elizabeth Krumbach
Meeting Minutes by: Elizabeth Krumbach
The following agendas were proposed for this meeting:
- Discuss task assignments
- Get mentoring rolling!
The following were present during this meeting:
Discussed need for LoCo teams to get on Ubuntu Planet (following up with Jono)
- Website and planet situation
- Zelut will give the board access once we figure out how the Canonical Sysadmins go about transferring
- Added board members as admins
- Added approved teams who hadn't been previously added
- Learned that we can contact ubuntu-geek if we need any changes made to mods on forums
Discussed deployment of Drupal and other infrastructures for LoCos, determined working with upstream (general LoCo community) is optimal
Would be nice if Drupal help documents existed to help LoCos get started
We should encourage teams to get involved with TeamReports
- Repeated requirements of Mentors to be in approved team and to have signed the CoC
- What do mentors do?
- Get assigned tasks
- Officially assigned to/work with teams
Jon created a Mentors page where folks can sign up
- We want to do a community push to encourage folks to step up as mentors
- What can people who aren't part of approved teams do, since they can't be mentors?
- Can be on mailing list, forums and IRC channel and help out
- Focus on their own team getting approved to be an example for others
- Approved team qualification is so we have folks who are familiar with the approval process and how to have successful events
Our resources are coming together nicely. Major things right now are getting back in control of our website & planet and getting Mentors for the team. We'll be hosting our first Mentor approval meeting on Mar 5, 8pm EST.