What is Ubuntu Kylin ?
The objective of the Ubuntu Kylin project is to create a variant of Ubuntu that is more suitable for Chinese users. We are committed to provide you with a delicate, thoughtful and fully customized Chinese user experience out-of-the-box. For instance, by providing a desktop user interface localized in Chinese and installing common software that Chinese users commonly use by default. Ubuntu Kylin has been a formal member of the Ubuntu family, since Ubuntu Kylin 13.04. Now, we are working on 16.04.
What's new in Ubuntu Kylin 16.04 LTS
We are glad to announce the Release of Ubuntu Kylin 16.04 LTS (codename XenialXerus). In this release, we have fixed many internationalization and localization bugs in Ubuntu itself and bugs in software written by the Ubuntu Kylin team. All the work that Ubuntu Kylin team do is within the Ubuntu community and ecosystem and as such they are flowed back to Ubuntu itself naturally and everyone using Ubuntu can benefit the result of our work.
Changes since 15.10
This release is based on 4.4 linux kernel.
The core applications have been updated to their latest versions:
- Firefox 45
- Thunderbird 38.6
- Chromium 49
- Nautilus (aka ‘Files’) 3.14
We have also released Sogou Pinyin 2.0.0.0072 . It is not included in the image by default, but you can install it easily from the Ubuntu Kylin Software Center.
Besides a plethora of bugs fixed in this milestone, several Ubuntu Kylin specific packages have also been updated:
- ubuntukylin-theme updated to 1.5.4
- change the unity-greeter's logo for Ubuntu Kylin 16.04 (LP: #1536497)
- change the Plymouth text for Ubuntu Kylin 16.04 (LP: #1536496)
- change depends:use fonts-droid-fallback instead of fonts-droid (LP: #1546847)
- new icons-theme for ubutnukylin 16.04
- add launcher icon-background in theme
- change plymouth-theme
- add kylin-greeter background for 16.04
- fix gtk theme bug:
- Fix progressbar color error (LP: #1558890)
- Fix scrollbar style for 16.04
- Basic app-notification theming to avoid weirdness in nautilus
- Adds padding to sidebar icons to fix bug (LP: #1538997)
- ubuntukylin-default-settings updated to 1.3.14
- change the Version Number for UK16.04 in the page of "About This Computer (LP: #1530332 )
- open remote search for dash
- set the Unity Launcher to the bottom of the screen
- ubuntu-kylin-software-center, updated to 1.3.10
- can't start uksc without giving password at uksc first time start when update "source.list". ( LP: #1535550 )
- no update progress when first time start uksc and update the "source.list".( LP: #1535548 )
- It supports the display and install, uninstall all the software source software.
- Add a list of installed packages.
- xapian support all software source inside search.
- fixed bug LP: #1538152,After the system has started up for the first time, the software sources update operation could not be loaded graphical interface.
- fixed bug LP: #1550099,Click on the close button in the prompt box for source update is invalid.
- fixed bug LP: #1550634,The client database needs to be updated. Phenomenon: the name of its app is inconsistent with the system, but not all of them.
- fixed bug LP: #1559955,While the downloading page opened, adjust the scroll bar at the right side of uksc, the Downloading page display abnormal.
- improve ubuntu-kylin-software-center self update.
- youker-assistant, updated to 2.0.7
- Deal with org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.touchpad.
- Replace psutil.get_process_list with psutil.process_iter.
- Optimized scan display interface.
- Remove processmanager.
- indicator-china-weather, updated to 2.1.4
- Rewrite UI with css.
- Chinese-calendar, updated to 1.0.3
- translate the note eight click menu
- fix chinese YI / JI display err on 1604
- add note sign on each day grid
Add a new package to provide a new login interface :
- a lightdm greeter for kylin sytle base on unity-greeter
Add a new lockscreen for unity7, and use it in the Ubuntu Kylin default
Move the Uinty Launcher and Dash to the bottom of the screen
5 years – see Release
Project page: http://www.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin
Bug tracker: http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin
IRC channel: irc.freenode.net #ubuntukylin-devel
Mailing list: ubuntukylin-devel
- Chinese QQ Group:
- Developers: 125729037
- Users 1: 262012757
- Users 2: 306929327
- Users 3: 75642661
- Users 4: 398104181
- Users 5: 8010855
Business Email: email@example.com
The Release ISO can be downloaded from here.
Below is the list of prominent bugs that are existing in 16.04:
"Desktop" is not localized in live mode.(LP: #1306866)
For issues related to Ubuntu itself, please refer to the Ubuntu project at Launchpad.
Thanks to everyone involving in the development of Ubuntu Kylin, the success of Ubuntu Kylin 16.04 would the result of our joint efforts. If you want to be a contributor of Ubuntu Kylin,see: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuKylin/NewContributorGuide and https://developer.ubuntukylin.com.