2012-06-13

Meeting information

Meeting summary

Items carried on

  • Open action items from previous meeting (knome, 15:01:03)
    • ACTION: pleia2 and knome to work on marketing products (knome, 15:01:26)

    • ACTION: pleia2 to raise publicity on triaging, testing and docs (knome, 15:01:40)

Team updates

  • Development (knome, 15:02:27)
    • Some work done to get Xfce 4.10 in Quantal (knome, 15:02:55)
  • Quality Assurance (knome, 15:03:05)
    • Some work was done recently to enhance the testing docs, I will dig up the link to those in a minute. The testcases were sanitized, and should now be easier to follow was non-regulars as well. (astraljava, 15:04:21)
    • Since Xubuntu did not do an Alpha-1, we haven't used the new tracker much, yet. We should pick up on that now, though. (astraljava, 15:05:08)
    • https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-testers is now an *open* team, no need to add your information on the wiki anymore. (knome, 15:06:04)

    • There's an upcoming QA meeting this Sunday, I will post info about it on the mailing lists after this meeting. (astraljava, 15:06:04)
    • ACTION: astraljava to send information on the Xubuntu QA meeting (knome, 15:06:23)

    • The testers should try to make the QA meeting on Sunday to organize (knome, 15:07:12)
  • Marketing, Promotion and Artwork (knome, 15:07:21)
    • Some improvements done for Greybird, more information later (knome, 15:07:50)
    • ACTION: ochosi to send more information on Greybird and a request for feedback to ML (knome, 15:08:18)

  • General updates (knome, 15:09:55)
    • knome has been working on the Strategy Document review, more info soon (knome, 15:10:15)
    • ACTION: knome to send information about the revised Strategy Document to ML soon (knome, 15:10:36)

    • All blueprints are now in place, start your engines! (knome, 15:10:58)

Announcements

New ang emerging items

  • Feedback on Precise development cycle (knome, 15:17:36)
    • AGREED: We need better communication this cycle; actions already taken are changes in the meetings and social media accounts

  • Blueprints; feedback, questions and answers (knome, 15:27:08)
    • LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap/ (knome, 15:27:22)

    • I've been working on the comparison of music players against gmb, can not continue until i have some input about which are the ones that could be considered to compare, because if media libary integration is not obligatory we already have parole (GridCube, 15:27:38)

    • ACTION: knome to follow up about the default media player -blueprint on the ML, scheduling some time to go through the spec next week (knome, 15:32:41)

    • Generally, all blueprints have no or slow progress, but things are expected to change relatively soon as infrastructure on a few things has been set up (knome, 15:35:42)
    • grandr is no more, keep an eye on the xfce monitor management dialog (knome, 15:41:23)
  • Enable or disable compositor by default? (knome, 15:43:22)
    • ochosi told he's +1 for enabling by default (knome, 15:43:34)
    • drop compositor on ubiquity? performance issues with low-end machines at installation time if compositor enabled? (knome, 15:49:12)
    • ACTION: astraljava to look at enabling/disabling compositor (knome, 15:50:07)

  • Meeting schedule; how often should we have meetings? (knome, 15:50:23)
    • VOTE: Meetings; +1 for bi-weekly, -1 for weekly

    • Next Xubuntu community meeting at 21st of June, at 15UTC (knome, 15:55:04)

Votes

  • Meetings; +1 for bi-weekly, -1 for weekly
    • For: 4 Against: 1 Abstained: 1

Action items, by person

  • astraljava
    • astraljava to send information on the Xubuntu QA meeting
    • astraljava to look at enabling/disabling compositor
  • knome
    • pleia2 and knome to work on marketing products
    • knome to send information about the revised Strategy Document to ML soon
    • knome to follow up about the default media player -blueprint on the ML, scheduling some time to go through the spec next week
  • ochosi
    • ochosi to send more information on Greybird and a request for feedback to ML
  • pleia2
    • pleia2 and knome to work on marketing products
    • pleia2 to raise publicity on triaging, testing and docs

People present (lines said)

  • knome (149)
  • GridCube (56)

  • astraljava (22)
  • meetingology (21)
  • bluesabre_ (11)
  • micahg (6)
  • hobgoblin (6)
  • xacobe (1)
  • ubottu (1)

Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2012-06-13 (last edited 2012-06-13 16:17:09 by knome)