2013-11-28

Meeting information

Meeting summary

Items carried on

The discussion about "Items carried on" started at 16:01.

  • Open action items from previous meeting (16:01)

    • ACTION: knome to prepare the website for the desktop of the week

    • ACTION: micahg to talk to barry about python2.7/3 situation

    • ACTION: micahg to upload whiskermenu to xfce PPAs

    • Done, whiskermenu is in the archive for trusty.
  • Strategy Document reviewing (16:04)

  • Something about wallpapers (16:19)

  • Strategy Document reviewing (16:26)

    • Vote: Approve the proposed changes to the Strategy Document (+1) or not (-1, please argument) (Carried)

Team updates

The discussion about "Team updates" started at 16:31.

  • ochosi and knome have been working with the wallpaper contest
  • knome and Unit193 have been looking at docs translations
  • whiskermenu is backported for P, Q, R, and S in ppa:skellat/tests for those who wish to try it
  • pleia2 completed triaging website bugs this week
  • elfy has been working with organizing QA for the T cycle
  • whiskermenu is backported in the Xfce 4.10 PPA
  • pleia2 put out a call for VM-based tests to determine our actual minimum requirements
  • Xfce 4.10 PPA backport was done by mr_pouit
  • you can translate the docs at: https://translations.launchpad.net/xubuntu-docs (note that several changes and additions are going to land later this cycle)

  • Out of vUDS-1311, we may have the opportunity to ask local communities to "adopt a package" for work or testing during this cycle. LoCo Council hasn't fully set this up yet, though.

  • after discussion with ochosi, we dropped light-locker and added xfdesktop to the documentation blueprint

Announcements

The discussion about "Announcements" started at 16:39.

  • There is a new Launchpad team ~xubuntu-qa (16:40)

    • this team has currently only a social meaning, being the subteam from which people who contributed to QA can ultimately be approved to -team (per the SD)
    • if you think you should be a member in this (moderated) team, poke elfy.

New ang emerging items

The discussion about "New and emerging items" started at 16:41.

  • Meeting time reviewing (16:41)

  • Schedule next meeting (16:45)

    • Next meeting: Thu 5 Nov, 19UTC

Vote results

  • Approve the proposed changes to the Strategy Document (+1) or not (-1, please argument)
    • Motion carried (For/Against/Abstained 5/0/1)

Action items, by person

  • knome
    • knome to prepare the website for the desktop of the week
    • knome and pleia2 to give the wallpaper contest some publicity in social media again
  • micahg
    • micahg to talk to barry about python2.7/3 situation
    • micahg to upload whiskermenu to xfce PPAs
  • pleia2
    • knome and pleia2 to give the wallpaper contest some publicity in social media again

People present (lines said)

  • knome (104)
  • meetingology (32)
  • ochosi (23)
  • micahg (22)
  • GridCube (19)

  • skellat (18)
  • pleia2 (15)
  • jjfrv8 (7)
  • ali1234 (1)
  • lderan (1)
  • brainwash (1)

Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2013-11-28 (last edited 2013-11-28 22:14:20 by knome)