Meeting Info

Meetings are held every 4th Tuesday of each month at 20:30 SAST (UTC+2) and are pretty informal. Anyone is free to join in and give comments and suggestions, its even encouraged. Please introduce yourself to the bot at the start of the meeting so he can take note of all members present as follows:





[18:30:36] STARTED (chesedo)
[18:30:46] TOPIC: Welcoming and Introduction (chesedo)
[18:32:31] TOPIC: Review minutes of previous meeting (chesedo)
[18:35:07] AGREED: No one has an issue with previous minutes (chesedo)
[18:35:20] TOPIC: Plans for 2016 (chesedo)
[18:41:34] TOPIC: Events (chesedo)
[18:51:33] TOPIC: DebConf volunteers/update (chesedo)
[18:55:46] AGREED: volunteers for debConf should join #debconf-team on oftc (irc.debian.org) (chesedo)
[18:57:04] TOPIC: Miscellaneous (chesedo)
[19:05:31] AGREED: To remove Cpt installFest from agenda (chesedo)
[19:05:49] AGREED: To clean Trello page (chesedo)
[19:06:59] TOPIC: Elect chairperson for next meeting (chesedo)
[19:08:18] AGREED: chesedo to chair next meeting (chesedo)
[19:08:27] TOPIC: Next meeting (chesedo)
[19:08:42] AGREED: Next meeting is 28 June 2016 @ 20:30 (chesedo)
[19:09:23] ENDED (chesedo)


* Jan Greeff (Langjan)
* Wikus avn Dyk (mazal)
* Greg Eames (magespawn)
* Pieter Engelbrecht (chesedo)
* paddatrapper
* Miles Sharpe (Kilos)
* Raoul Snyman (superfly)
* deegee
* tahaan
* Gustav H Meyer (inetpro)

Raw Log

[18:30:36] <chesedo> Maaz: start meeting about Ubuntu Monthly Meeting - May 2016
[18:30:36] * Maaz gets out his memo-pad and cracks his knuckles
[18:30:46] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:46] <Maaz> Current Topic: Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:57] <chesedo> Welcome all and thanks for joining in on our meeting this evening
[18:30:57] <mazal> maaz I am Wikus
[18:30:57] <Maaz> mazal: Righto
[18:31:01] <Kilos> Maaz I am Miles Sharpe
[18:31:01] <Maaz> Kilos: Done
[18:31:05] <chesedo> Our  bot Maaz will do the minutes as usual so please introduce yourselves to him using `Maaz: I am <firstname lastname>` eg.
[18:31:16] <chesedo> Maaz: I am Pieter Engelbrecht
[18:31:16] <Maaz> chesedo: Okay
[18:31:29] <chesedo> Today's meeting agenda can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20160524
[18:31:37] <chesedo> any last minute changes is welcome
[18:31:46] <Kilos> mazal die van der merwe deel ook
[18:32:20] <mazal> maaz I am Wikus avn Dyk
[18:32:20] <Maaz> mazal: Okay
[18:32:29] <superfly> Maaz: I am Raoul Snyman
[18:32:29] <Maaz> superfly: Alrighty
[18:32:31] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:32:31] <Maaz> Current Topic: Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:32:34] <superfly> (but I'm not really here)
[18:32:43] <chesedo> the last meeting's minutes is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20160426
[18:33:01] <Kilos> i have apologies from kmf, he has sick kids to care for
[18:33:09] <chesedo> superfly: will you be able to give us an update on debConf later?
[18:33:30] <chesedo> Going over the previous minutes might help as a refresher
[18:33:35] <Kilos> nlsthzn you joining?
[18:34:31] <chesedo> does anyone have something they want to raise from the previous minutes?
[18:35:07] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed No one has an issue with previous minutes
[18:35:07] <Maaz> Agreed: No one has an issue with previous minutes
[18:35:20] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Plans for 2016
[18:35:20] <Maaz> Current Topic: Plans for 2016
[18:35:34] <chesedo> is there any one needing help signing up for some or with Ubuntu membership?
[18:36:22] <Kilos> ai!
[18:36:27] <Kilos> everyone is afk
[18:36:34] <chesedo> Ubuntu for Hope has no current updates that i am aware of - still have to create its website
[18:36:41] <Kilos> yes
[18:36:49] <chesedo> Kilos:  so i see
[18:37:07] <Kilos> there is a guy in capetown that is wanting to do the same there
[18:37:08] <chesedo> has kapanda joined us again?
[18:37:31] <Kilos> he has only used mail so far
[18:37:37] <Kilos> peeps forget irc
[18:37:39] <chesedo> Kilos: almost... just somewhat in reverse
[18:38:04] <mazal> What is the Ubuntu for hope ?
[18:38:27] <Kilos> do you have the links chesedo 
[18:38:46] <chesedo> well kapanda is the cpt guy and in Jan's meeting he mentioned signing for ubuntu membership...
[18:38:50] <Kilos> its building pcs for others that cant afford them mazal 
[18:38:59] <chesedo> https://ubuntuforhope.org/ 
[18:38:59] <mazal> k
[18:39:08] <Kilos> he hasnt chesedo 
[18:39:33] <Kilos> he will need to do lots more first
[18:40:10] <Kilos> Maaz seen inetpro 
[18:40:10] <Maaz> Kilos: inetpro was last seen 11 hours, 44 minutes and 48 seconds ago in #ubuntu-za on freenode [2016-05-23 23:55:22 PDT], and has been online on freenode since 2016-05-22 07:43:15 PDT
[18:40:35] <chesedo> mazal: https://bin.snyman.info/mmmzy8ce
[18:41:00] <mazal> Thanx chesedo
[18:41:21] <chesedo> all ok if i move on to events
[18:41:26] <Kilos> yessir
[18:41:34] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Events
[18:41:34] <Maaz> Current Topic: Events
[18:42:58] <chesedo> Ubuntu for Hope's launch was in late April... kmf and I (with friends and family) enjoyed a mild morning in Pretoria's Betanical gardens to celebrate it
[18:42:58] <chesedo> seems like we have nothing upcoming this June?
[18:43:18] <chesedo> Kilos: you tried to orgainze a rp?
[18:43:59] * chesedo hopes superfly is available soon for a debConf update...
[18:44:04] <Kilos> that is a mail to the guys that control who has access to wiki pages
[18:44:18] <chesedo> rp = release party
[18:44:27] <chesedo> to get cds and stuff...
[18:44:27] <Kilos> oh that
[18:45:11] <Kilos> we need to first give all the info about the event before we can order the flash disks
[18:45:20] <Kilos> so we have let it slide
[18:45:50] <chesedo> ok so no flashes this release...
[18:45:57] <Kilos> sec
[18:46:35] <chesedo> sec for 'wait a second' or 'secondar'
[18:46:49] <Kilos> wait a minute
[18:46:51] <Kilos> hehe
[18:47:12] <Kilos> im in contact with the guy who gives wiki permissions
[18:47:20] <mazal> Oi I almost said something now :P
[18:47:37] <Langjan> Kilos,  whats the drill to report again plse?
[18:47:47] <mazal> Naand oom Jan
[18:47:52] <Kilos> i need the link for all our member on the wiki page we made
[18:47:55] <Langjan> hi mazal 
[18:47:56] * tahaan bows to chesedo
[18:48:01] <Kilos> i cant find it
[18:48:10] <chesedo> ok so we can move topics Kilos?
[18:48:10] * tahaan bows to Kilos
[18:48:11] <paddatrapper> Sorry I'm busy with DebConf meeting 
[18:48:14] <Kilos> hi Langjan tahaan 
[18:48:22] <mazal> Langjan, just say maaz I am name surname
[18:48:28] * chesedo claps hands and bows back to tahaan
[18:48:36] <Langjan> Maaz, I am Jan Greeff
[18:48:36] <Maaz> Langjan: Sure
[18:48:41] <chesedo> s/claps/clasps/
[18:48:53] <Langjan> tahaan?
[18:49:20] <Kilos> ai!
[18:49:30] <Kilos>  <deej> Kilos: I'm going to need the team to be moderated or restricted before we do that
[18:49:30] <magespawn> hi all
[18:49:42] <Langjan> hi magespawn 
[18:49:49] <Langjan> hi tahaan 
[18:49:50] <Kilos> hi magespawn Langjan tahaan login please
[18:50:01] <magespawn> Maaz I am Greg Eames
[18:50:01] <Maaz> magespawn: Yessir
[18:50:16] <chesedo> paddatrapper: will you maybe be able to give us an update on it in a bit (if possible)?
[18:50:30] <paddatrapper> chesedo: sure
[18:50:49] <paddatrapper> Just ping me when you want it
[18:51:24] <chesedo> paddatrapper: you can start typing and just throw it in...
[18:51:33] <chesedo> Maaz: topic DebConf volunteers/update
[18:51:33] <Maaz> Current Topic: DebConf volunteers/update
[18:52:31] <chesedo> kmf also mentioned that he will be able to volunteer on-site at debConf (@paddatrapper, @superfly)
[18:52:51] <superfly> sorry, i'm in as
[18:53:00] <superfly> *another meeting
[18:53:02] <paddatrapper> Well it's happening. Everything seems on track. Bursaries are mostly finalised and re-confirmation emails have been sent out 
[18:53:38] <paddatrapper> Quotes for various things are being decided on at the moment 
[18:53:57] * chesedo hopes Cryterion & Vince made that list
[18:54:31] <chesedo> paddatrapper: great sounds like progress is going fast...
[18:54:36] <paddatrapper> kmf should join the #debconf-team channel on oftc and say how he wants to help 
[18:54:52] <paddatrapper> chesedo: yup! A month left until it starts 
[18:54:53] <chesedo> paddatrapper: righto
[18:55:46] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed volunteers for debConf should join #debconf-team on oftc (irc.debian.org)
[18:55:46] <Maaz> Agreed: volunteers for debConf should join #debconf-team on oftc (irc.debian.org)
[18:55:58] <chesedo> ty for the update paddatrapper
[18:56:29] <Kilos> whats oftc
[18:56:45] <paddatrapper> Kilos: The IRC server Debian uses 
[18:56:53] <Kilos> oh ty
[18:57:04] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Miscellaneous
[18:57:04] <Maaz> Current Topic: Miscellaneous
[18:57:38] <chesedo> anyone that spots ubuntu in the wild can add the listing to out trello page
[18:58:06] <mazal> You mean if we see someone else using it ?
[18:58:20] <chesedo> Kilos: i see we still have to clean trello up
[18:58:29] <Kilos> eeeeek
[18:59:07] <paddatrapper> One lab at uct (Shuttleworth Lab) though currently effectively shutdown 
[18:59:25] <chesedo> mazal: like when you spot it at the kfc terminal / toll road ticketing system
[18:59:39] <mazal> k
[19:00:14] * chesedo might have a listing of train 'monitoring' systems using ubuntu
[19:01:39] <chesedo> no one here that joined mentioned coming from redit (from last agenda)
[19:01:44] <chesedo> *?
[19:02:05] <Kilos> nope
[19:03:01] <chesedo> Kilos: do we also still have to look up the logs on the Cpt installFest?
[19:03:21] <Kilos> i dont think so chesedo 
[19:03:34] <Kilos> there has been no feedback
[19:03:49] <Kilos> everyone is too busy
[19:04:15] <chesedo> so we can remove it from the agenda?
[19:04:21] <Kilos> yes
[19:04:25] <Kilos> oh
[19:04:53] <Kilos> can you keep records of what needs doing
[19:05:31] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed To remove Cpt installFest from agenda
[19:05:31] <Maaz> Agreed: To remove Cpt installFest from agenda
[19:05:49] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed To clean Trello page
[19:05:49] <Maaz> Agreed: To clean Trello page
[19:06:08] <chesedo> Maaz: you need a TASK action
[19:06:08] <Maaz> chesedo: Sorry...
[19:06:39] <chesedo> well that seems to be it, anything i missed?
[19:06:56] <Kilos> nope
[19:06:59] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Elect chairperson for next meeting
[19:06:59] <Maaz> Current Topic: Elect chairperson for next meeting
[19:07:07] <tahaan> Kilos: Nickserv says I'm authenticated.
[19:07:07] <Kilos> next month should be better
[19:07:29] <chesedo> yip, hope so
[19:07:40] <tahaan> Hello langjan
[19:07:48] <Kilos> tell more tahaan 
[19:07:52] <chesedo> will i be chairing?
[19:08:00] <Kilos> of course
[19:08:00] <magespawn> +1
[19:08:09] <chesedo> lol
[19:08:10] <Kilos> chesedo +1
[19:08:18] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed chesedo to chair next meeting
[19:08:18] <Maaz> Agreed: chesedo to chair next meeting
[19:08:25] <tahaan> Kilos - Nothing to tell really.
[19:08:27] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Next meeting
[19:08:27] <Maaz> Current Topic: Next meeting
[19:08:30] <tahaan> Kinders ek gaan nou slaap.
[19:08:31] <inetpro> Maaz: I am Gustav H Meyer
[19:08:31] <Maaz> inetpro: Righto
[19:08:37] <tahaan> bye!
[19:08:39] * tahaan waves
[19:08:40] <inetpro> good evening
[19:08:42] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed Next meeting is 28 June 2016 @ 20:30
[19:08:42] <Maaz> Agreed: Next meeting is 28 June 2016 @ 20:30
[19:08:44] <Kilos> that means it recognises you tahaan 
[19:09:13] <chesedo> inetpro: you just in time :D
[19:09:15] <inetpro> yikes, our chair is in a hurry this evening?
[19:09:23] <chesedo> Maaz: end meeting

ZATeam/Meetings/20160524 (last edited 2016-05-25 11:24:38 by chesedo)