Meeting Info

Meetings are held every 4th Tuesday of each month at 20:30 SAST (UTC+2) and are pretty informal. Anyone is free to join in and give comments and suggestions, its even encouraged. Please introduce yourself to the bot at the start of the meeting so he can take note of all members present as follows:





[18:30:00] STARTED (chesedo)
[18:30:11] TOPIC: Welcoming and Introduction (chesedo)
[18:33:13] AGREED: No one raised concerns with agenda (chesedo)
[18:33:16] TOPIC: Review minutes of previous meeting (chesedo)
[18:36:31] AGREED: All happy with previous minutes (chesedo)
[18:36:40] TOPIC: Plans for 2016 (chesedo)
[18:40:32] AGREED: Kilos to help tareq with Ubuntu membership (chesedo)
[18:47:58] AGREED: To get in contact with karl to organise help and website (chesedo)
[18:48:05] TOPIC: Events (chesedo)
[18:56:25] TOPIC: Miscellaneous (chesedo)
[19:08:07] AGREED: To start cleaning trello up bit by bit after family time (chesedo)
[19:08:24] TOPIC: Elect chairperson for next meeting (chesedo)
[19:10:05] AGREED: chesedo to chair next meeting (chesedo)
[19:10:47] TOPIC: Next meeting (chesedo)
[19:11:53] AGREED: Next meeting is 26 July 2016 @ 20:30 (chesedo)
[19:12:01] ENDED (chesedo)


* Gustav H Meyer (inetpro)
* Greg Eames (magespawn)
* AudaciousTUX_
* Pieter Engelbrecht (chesedo)
* Vincent Swart (Vince-0)
* Miles Sharpe (Kilos)
* Kyle Robbertze (paddatrapper)
* qwebirc98473
* AudaciousTUX
* Raoul Snyman (superfly)
* S. M. Pavel Sayekat (pavlushka)
* Tareq from Bangladesh (tareq)

Raw Log

[18:30:00] <chesedo> Maaz: start meeting about Ubuntu Monthly Meeting - May 2016
[18:30:00] * Maaz gets out his memo-pad and cracks his knuckles
[18:30:11] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:11] <Maaz> Current Topic: Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:19] <magespawn> Maaz I am Greg Eames
[18:30:19] <Maaz> magespawn: Righto
[18:30:20] <chesedo> Evening all and thank you for joining in on our monthly
[18:30:32] <Kilos> Maaz I am Miles Sharpe
[18:30:32] <Maaz> Kilos: Done
[18:30:38] <chesedo> Our bot Maaz is doing the minutes as usual so please intro yourself to it using `Maaz: I am <firstname lastname>` eg.
[18:30:50] <chesedo> Maaz: I am Pieter Engelbrecht 
[18:30:50] <Maaz> chesedo: Righto
[18:31:03] <chesedo> The agenda for today can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20160628
[18:31:15] <chesedo> any last minute changes are welcome
[18:31:27] <Kilos> pavlushka tareg you guys want to identify with Maaz 
[18:31:42] <paddatrapper> Maaz: I am Kyle Robbertze
[18:31:42] <Maaz> paddatrapper: Righto
[18:31:45] <chesedo> ready inetpro
[18:31:58] <tareq> Maaz: I am Tareq from Bangladesh
[18:31:58] <Maaz> tareq: Alrighty
[18:32:18] <inetpro> Maaz: I am Gustav H Meyer 
[18:32:18] <Maaz> inetpro: Alrighty
[18:32:28] <chesedo> all happy with agenda?
[18:32:42] <pavlushka> Maaz I am pavlushka
[18:32:42] <Maaz> pavlushka: Righto
[18:32:53] <paddatrapper> I am
[18:33:09] <Kilos> yip
[18:33:13] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed No one raised concerns with agenda
[18:33:13] <Maaz> Agreed: No one raised concerns with agenda
[18:33:16] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:33:16] <Maaz> Current Topic: Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:33:26] <chesedo> minutes of the last meeting is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20160524
[18:33:34] <chesedo> Please go over it for review
[18:34:00] <chesedo> ty Kilos
[18:34:03] <pavlushka> AudaciousTUX: identify yourself by "Maaz I am AudaciousTUX "
[18:34:21] <Kilos> chesedo for what
[18:34:44] <chesedo> Kilos: feedback...
[18:34:50] <chesedo> [20:33:09] <Kilos> yip
[18:34:55] <Kilos> oh
[18:35:09] <chesedo> all happy with the previous minutes?
[18:35:34] <paddatrapper> Yup, though I wasn't exactly there either
[18:36:28] <chesedo> paddatrapper: at previous meeting? (you have a debConf update)
[18:36:31] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed All happy with previous minutes
[18:36:31] <Maaz> Agreed: All happy with previous minutes
[18:36:40] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Plans for 2016
[18:36:40] <Maaz> Current Topic: Plans for 2016
[18:36:40] <paddatrapper> chesedo: Correct
[18:36:53] <chesedo> Anyone wanting to (or planning) on getting Ubuntu membership or want to sign code of conduct?
[18:37:56] <tareq> chesedo: I would like to
[18:38:06] <paddatrapper> I'll be back in a minute
[18:38:19] <chesedo> tareq: which one?
[18:38:22] <chesedo> Kilos: ^^
[18:38:26] <chesedo> paddatrapper: ok
[18:38:29] <tareq> membership
[18:38:35] * Kilos watching
[18:39:03] <tareq> I'm trying to make our loco team active
[18:39:24] <chesedo> Kilos: tareq wants to get Ubuntu membership can you give him some guidance?
[18:39:41] <Kilos> yip ill help him
[18:39:48] <tareq> planning to write some articles 
[18:40:06] <chesedo> Kilos: great \o/!!!
[18:40:12] <paddatrapper> I be back
[18:40:25] <Kilos> wb frog boots
[18:40:32] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed Kilos to help tareq with Ubuntu membership
[18:40:32] <Maaz> Agreed: Kilos to help tareq with Ubuntu membership
[18:40:38] <chesedo> Ubuntu for Hope still has to get its official website up too
[18:40:51] <Kilos> oh my
[18:41:02] <Kilos> inetpro who is working on it
[18:41:14] <chesedo> magespawn: did you suggest starting with something for it?
[18:41:47] * chesedo used Hugo this week and might use it if no one else has started anything...
[18:42:26] <Kilos> karl seems to be too busy
[18:43:31] <chesedo> overall here, do you guys prefer any css framework (have issues with some) as I know bootstrap and uikit
[18:43:43] <chesedo> and will use one of them...
[18:44:00] <Kilos> whatever works
[18:44:01] <chesedo> magespawn: did you suggest starting with something for the Ubuntu for Hope website?
[18:44:29] <tareq> thanks Maaz chesedo
[18:44:44] <Kilos> hi qwebirc98473 
[18:44:47] <chesedo> with Hugo the content will be in Markdown so all should be ok there...
[18:44:51] <chesedo> hi qwebirc98473
[18:45:10] <Kilos> ohi Vince-0 wb
[18:45:16] <Vince-0> ohai
[18:45:58] <chesedo> will we try and have it up before next meeting guys? (me will start this week if anyone wants to help)
[18:47:03] <Kilos> oh chesedo tell karl if he wants some installs done i can help
[18:47:19] <chesedo> Kilos: will do...
[18:47:58] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed To get in contact with karl to organise help and website
[18:47:58] <Maaz> Agreed: To get in contact with karl to organise help and website
[18:48:05] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Events
[18:48:05] <Maaz> Current Topic: Events
[18:48:18] <chesedo> We have DebConf coming up this weekend with bootcamp currently being underway
[18:48:41] <chesedo> paddatrapper will be able to tell us more 
[18:48:54] <paddatrapper> Yup, most people here are having lots of fun and have finished the local craft beer (more to be sourced)
[18:49:06] <chesedo> lol
[18:49:08] <Kilos> lol
[18:49:14] <paddatrapper> Open Weekend this weekend is free to all
[18:49:31] <chesedo> from the channel, who all will be attending?
[18:49:35] <paddatrapper> Featuring exhibits from lots of local companies, groups, etc
[18:49:45] <paddatrapper> superfly and I are already here
[18:50:05] <paddatrapper> andrewdl is attending 
[18:50:16] <paddatrapper> From Saturday I think
[18:50:20] <superfly> kmf will be down too
[18:50:24] <superfly> hi
[18:50:31] <Kilos> hi superfly 
[18:50:33] <chesedo> Vince-0: did you make the volunteering list?
[18:50:36] <superfly> paddatrapper: sorry, I never got to give you my flash drive today
[18:50:44] <superfly> Maaz: I am Raoul Snyman
[18:50:44] <Maaz> superfly: Righto
[18:50:51] <chesedo> hi superfly
[18:50:52] <paddatrapper> hey superfly, didn't run into you today it seems. Tomorrow it will have to be :)
[18:51:17] <superfly> paddatrapper: yes, lavamind and a few others kidnapped me for a tour of the peninsula
[18:51:33] <superfly> amazing day, but now I am zonked
[18:51:33] <Kilos> you guys need to wear pink beanies so you can find ach other
[18:51:34] <chesedo> lol
[18:51:47] <paddatrapper> So you're one who replaced nattie! Lol
[18:52:05] <paddatrapper> Kilos: Usually just heading to the orga room works
[18:52:17] <chesedo> will one of you be able to give us the exciting report of it at the next meeting?
[18:52:57] <superfly> chesedo: yes, there will be a report anyway
[18:53:11] <paddatrapper> Hopefully, if the orga team get their buts into gear, we'll be able to link the final report
[18:53:17] <chesedo> superfly: haha thanks
[18:53:30] <superfly> paddatrapper: you do know you're orga now, right?
[18:53:58] <Kilos> what is orga
[18:54:11] <chesedo> Kilos: think it is ORGAnizer
[18:54:15] <Vince-0> chesedo: no can do, i can't make it
[18:54:16] <Kilos> aha
[18:54:23] <Vince-0> Maaz: I am Vincent Swart
[18:54:23] <Maaz> Vince-0: Done
[18:54:27] <paddatrapper> superfly: Let me refrase: When highvoltage gets his butt into gear lol
[18:54:36] <Kilos> haha
[18:54:40] <chesedo> Vince-0: oh ok
[18:54:42] <paddatrapper> Kilos: Yeah - organiser
[18:55:03] <chesedo> all good if i move on?
[18:55:08] <pavlushka> Maaz I am S. M. Pavel Sayekat
[18:55:08] <Maaz> pavlushka: Righto
[18:55:10] <Kilos> eish paddatrapper you got dropped in at the deap end
[18:55:22] <paddatrapper> Kilos: And enjoying every moment of it :D
[18:55:24] <Kilos> deep
[18:55:30] <Kilos> goo
[18:55:33] <Kilos> d
[18:55:42] * pavlushka lol
[18:55:44] <chesedo> ok one last thing, superfly paddatrapper any last minute helpers can still reach you on the channel right?
[18:55:46] <Kilos> keep our flag flying
[18:55:58] <paddatrapper> chesedo: For sure
[18:56:12] <chesedo> awesome
[18:56:24] <paddatrapper> Though now I'd suggest we should be promoting the Open Weekend, as registration is pretty much over
[18:56:25] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Miscellaneous
[18:56:25] <Maaz> Current Topic: Miscellaneous
[18:56:56] <chesedo> paddatrapper: twitter, facebook other links we can share?
[18:57:13] <paddatrapper> chesedo: One second, I'll find the email...
[18:57:35] <chesedo> paddatrapper: oky
[18:58:05] <paddatrapper> @debian@identi.ca in the Pump.io network, @debian@quitter.se in the GNU Social Network, @debian or @debconf on Twitter
[18:58:20] <paddatrapper> #debconf
[18:58:26] <paddatrapper> #debconf16 too
[18:59:17] <chesedo> paddatrapper: any about the open weekend that can be retweeted, shared, etc.
[18:59:52] * chesedo looking up @debconf
[19:00:25] <tareq> 1 AM here in Bangladesh
[19:00:37] <tareq> good night all
[19:00:40] <paddatrapper> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Open_Festival https://debconf16.debconf.org/open-festival/
[19:00:43] <Kilos> rest well tareq 
[19:00:49] <Kilos> ty for visiting
[19:00:56] <tareq> :)
[19:01:59] <paddatrapper> chesedo: I'll keep looking and see what I can find
[19:02:00] <chesedo> inetpro: can our twitter channel retweet this -> https://twitter.com/trevorgowing/status/747418902682959877
[19:02:48] <chesedo> paddatrapper: great, i just can look for any on facebook
[19:02:59] <chesedo> s/can/cannot/
[19:03:08] <inetpro> chesedo: I'll do it asap 
[19:03:17] <chesedo> inetpro: ty
[19:03:43] <paddatrapper> https://twitter.com/ConfChicken is the twitter account for Pollito - the DebConf chicken
[19:03:46] <chesedo> Kilos: I will carry the trello cleanup over to this month?
[19:04:03] <Kilos> lol
[19:04:25] <Kilos> were you going to do it chesedo ?
[19:04:43] <chesedo> Kilos: you
[19:04:52] <Kilos> what!
[19:04:55] <Kilos> you sure
[19:05:01] <paddatrapper> lol
[19:05:05] * chesedo was to make time to help you :P
[19:05:13] <Kilos> i think
[19:05:18] <Kilos> hmm...
[19:05:26] <Kilos> ideal job for inetpro 
[19:06:13] <chesedo> Kilos: guess we should do it at night (after family time) bit by bit so to get feedback when needed?
[19:06:54] <Kilos> the pro only gives feedback hours later
[19:07:06] <Kilos> after i have broken things
[19:07:17] <chesedo> Kilos: great so we and him can sleep on it :P
[19:07:27] <Kilos> lol yip
[19:07:35] <Kilos> you know where to find me
[19:08:07] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed To start cleaning trello up bit by bit after family time
[19:08:07] <Maaz> Agreed: To start cleaning trello up bit by bit after family time
[19:08:24] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Elect chairperson for next meeting 
[19:08:24] <Maaz> Current Topic: Elect chairperson for next meeting
[19:08:34] <chesedo> Anyone want to carry the stick for the next meeting?
[19:08:37] * Kilos votes for chesedo
[19:08:59] <paddatrapper> I can't maths... When is the next meeting?
[19:09:00] <Kilos> if it aint broke dont try fix it
[19:09:16] <chesedo> paddatrapper: 26 jul
[19:09:25] <paddatrapper> chesedo: thanks
[19:09:43] <chesedo> no no Kilos
[19:09:58] <Kilos> what
[19:09:58] <chesedo> well seems like magority rule :P
[19:10:04] <Kilos> yes
[19:10:05] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed chesedo to chair next meeting
[19:10:05] <Maaz> Agreed: chesedo to chair next meeting
[19:10:07] <Kilos> thats me
[19:10:15] <paddatrapper> Except in Britain it seems
[19:10:20] <chesedo> [21:09:01] <Kilos> if it aint broke dont try fix it
[19:10:21] <Kilos> hahaha
[19:10:39] <chesedo> ... square wheels was never broke either...
[19:10:46] <Kilos> lol
[19:10:47] <chesedo> Maaz: topic Next meeting
[19:10:47] <Maaz> Current Topic: Next meeting
[19:10:50] <pavlushka> lol
[19:10:54] <paddatrapper> Well did those ever work in the first place?
[19:11:05] <chesedo> 26 jul is the correct date right?
[19:11:06] <pavlushka> ha ha ha
[19:11:37] <chesedo> paddatrapper: sure, everyone had a bounce it their step back then :P
[19:11:39] <Kilos> yip
[19:11:50] <paddatrapper> lol
[19:11:53] <chesedo> Maaz: agreed Next meeting is 26 July 2016 @ 20:30
[19:11:53] <Maaz> Agreed: Next meeting is 26 July 2016 @ 20:30
[19:12:01] <chesedo> Maaz: end meeting

ZATeam/Meetings/20160628 (last edited 2016-06-28 19:19:24 by chesedo)