Color and Contrast
Most of the content on this page was taken from Gnome Testing.
- Print screenshots to a black and white printer and confirm that all information is visible.
- Test applications using only black and white, high-contrast settings and confirm that all information is conveyed correctly.
- Test that the application provides at least three combinations of color schemes and that high-contrast schemes are available (e.g. white on black or yellow on blue).
- Not all users with visual impairments lose the same colors. Some may be able to use black backgrounds with white text, while others will require white background with black text.
- Insure the application respects the theme settings.
- Test various themes to ensure that the software is working for all the available settings.
- Further testing may be done by tinting your monitor to blue, green, or red. Confirm that all information is still readable.