Most of the content on this page was taken from Gnome Testing.
These tests are used to test any screen-reader, but may also be used to test any application. They involve using a screen-reader to read the page audibly, so a sound card and speakers or headphones are required.
Test the application using a screen reader and confirm that:
- Labels and text are being read correctly, including menus and toolbars.
- Object information is read correctly.
Keyboard and Mouse
- Confirm that all keyboard commands are audible.
- Confirm that correct information is heard when navigating with the mouse. Clicking with the mouse and navigating with the keyboard should result in the same command/text heard.
- Confirm that text is read correctly.
- Confirm that all text-only or read-only areas be read by the screen-reader.
- Are any special keys required to allow the text to be read?