<firstname.lastname@example.org> - <email@example.com>
viperhoot on irc.freenode.net
I'm a Ubuntu user, since 2005 (Hoary Hedgehog version), and now with Ubuntu 12.04
My programming languages is C/C++, PHP, bash , currently reading about Ruby and Python
LoCo Team - Ubuntu Perú
Administrator/Maintainer/Contact of the Ubuntu Perú Website
Administrator, maintainer and moderator in Ubuntu-PE Ask system
Administrator of the Ubuntu-PE Launchpad Team.
Help users on ubuntu-pe mail list and irc channel.
Maintainer of the distribution CDs channel.
- I have been also giving some help/support to the new contributor who ask on IRC or mailing list.
Complete list of packages I have helped translating and reviewing:Translations
Articles translated into Spanish for the Spanish Ubuntu Documentation
- I've given talks in Lima and Cajamarca for different releases of Ubuntu.
- I've taught courses about: Software Libre and Ubuntu Linux in my University for Systems Engineer Students, the courses lasted about 2 months, topics like basic use of Ubuntu Linux and software of interest to the students and distribution of Ubuntu CDs.
With the help of students from UNC and UPN Universities, and supported by The Regional Government of Cajamarca we are designing a Alfabeticación Digital plan for the population (primarily for students) with the use of free software (Edubuntu like operating system for students and Ubuntu for adult people), with software oriented to this objective. (Draft)
Distribution of Ubuntu CD's (burned and distributed CD's) for family, friends, classmates, local universities, local schools and some free software events.
- Occasional help in #ubuntu-es and other hispanics locos irc channels.
Things to do
- Become an active Ubuntu Member. (done)
- Become more involved with spanish translation/documentation.
- Begin Ubuntu translation/documentation to Quechua, official language of my country.
- Become a MOTU Member (A long term goal).
- Continue helping to new user with the Ubuntu Peruvian Team.
- Continue to spread Ubuntu in Perú, specially in my city, with friends, schools and my university.
- Spread Ubuntu in remote regions of Perú, presenting the advantages in diverses uses.
Organize a Ubuntu Open House for the launching of Ubuntu 12.10
Cheers from the community
Dante has been involved in several projects (translation, documentation) in the Spanish speaking community and has done a great job in the Peruvian LoCo Team. He is definitely an outstanding candidate for becoming an Ubuntu Member. -- Leandro Gómez, (Ubuntu Member and Ubuntu-ni Team Contact).