update TODO pages
remove borken link
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|The first and most important task of the Desktop Team is maintaining our [[http://norsetto.890m.com/desktop_packages.php|Desktop Packages]].||The first and most important task of the Desktop Team is maintaining our Desktop Packages.|
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
| * Our automatically generated todo list: http://piware.de/workitems/desktop/lucid/versions.html
* Work items from our blueprints: http://piware.de/workitems/desktop/lucid/report.html
| * Our automatically generated todo list: * http://people.canonical.com/~platform/desktop/versions.html
* Work items from our blueprints: * http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-desktop-team.html
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
|* [[https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop|ubuntu-desktop]] [[/Developers|team policy for uploading and committing]]|
The Ubuntu Desktop Team Mission Statement is to produce a desktop environment that is:
- discoverable, and
- immediately useful.
To comply with our Mission Statement, the Desktop Team tasks are mainly to maintain and develop our Desktop Packages.
The first and most important task of the Desktop Team is maintaining our Desktop Packages.
We do this by:
- keeping up to date with the latest releases
triaging and fixing bugs on Launchpad
- finding shiny new components we should have
- stress-testing our favourite desktop environment
- discussing and fixing issues
- bringing some good hackers into the team who know how the different parts of the desktop work and integrate and are able to answer to desktop specific questions
- creating a technical pool of experts about specific desktop elements
The second task is developing the desktop to improve the user experience, both by improving the usability of our existing desktop and developing innovating new interface concepts.
We do this by:
identifying key user experiences that define the desktop
- designing user cases for these experiences
write new project specifications to improve them
Does this sound cool? Check out how to get started!
Our automatically generated todo list: * http://people.canonical.com/~platform/desktop/versions.html
Work items from our blueprints: * http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-desktop-team.html
Collect visions and ideas: DesktopTeam/Visions
Identify usability issues: DesktopTeam/UsabilityWishlist
Attend our weekly meeting: DesktopTeam/DevelopmentMeeting
Read our monthly reports: DesktopTeam/ReportingPage
Our Mailing list: http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-desktop
We live here: #ubuntu-desktop on irc.freenode.net
This page contains links to upstream mailing lists and/or irc channels for questions relative to specific Desktop modules
Ubuntu-X pages: X