For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
EvanDandrea - chair
- Scott - at LF Collab Summit
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Outstanding feature freeze exceptions
- Farming out tasks that aren't being handled
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Chair for next meeting
- PEP 3147; hopefully merged into py3k trunk by Friday.
- bug 519541 investigation (abiword freezes)
- Fix broken space handling in GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR (#557606).
- Improve handling of missing device.map to avoid bogus root= settings
- Fix workaround for BIOSes that pass bogus DL values (#555500).
- Don't offer side-by-side installation on armel (#550963).
- Remove limits on loop labels, which broke LVM/RAID on large disks
- Tweaked parted_server's limits on free space fragments it doesn't
- bother to show.
- Other installer work:
- Fix up init script output handling on server installations a bit
- better (#548954).
- Cosmetic KDE oem-config string fixes (#540929).
- Fix translation of inactive labels on language changes (#552673).
- Initial Foundations team planning for 10.10.
- Minor assistance with beta-2 preparation, mostly fielding ISO testing
- bugs where I could.
- Worked with Scott and others to develop a plan for smooth boot splash
- in Maverick (foundations-maverick-grub2-boot-framebuffer).
- Merged: parted (including library package name change to smooth
- upgrades, #535368)
- Synced: germinate
- Continued software-center bug fixes and triage
- 8 fixes this week including two related to channel
- updating mentioned last report
- Continued testing, looking for edge cases, regressions, etc.
- OEM, Foundations weekly team meetings
- Engineering rotation allocation this week
- 90% platform, 10% OEM
- On holiday next week
- Continuing to push launchpad changes. Not a lot of coding this week,
- but going through the time-consuming process of landing changes.
- Merged various patches and prepared a (hopefully final) upload of
- bzr-builddeb for lucid.
- Much sponsoring.
- Some lucid bug fixing.
- Archive admin duty.
- Helped debug the gwibber CPU usage issue.
- updated for beta-2
- app-install data update
- apt ddtp update
- improve exception logging in the auto-upgrade testerimprove exception logging in the auto-upgrade tester
- look over the upgrade logs
- report odd bind9 behavior (#556332)
report failure on 8.04->10.04 and attach fix (#556343)
- review/merge branch lp:~barry/update-manager/132311-bootspace
- add est_kernel_size.py helper, merge into lucid branch
- review/refactor quirks
- refresh translations, manually unfuzzy strings for 10.04 LTS
update quirks for hardy->lucid upgrade
- support i18n in release notes uri
- add extra protection against removal of video drivers (#556629)
- debug upgrade failure #551782
- improve logging
- save system state prior to the upgrade (#551646)
- raise i18n issue (#559018) with the pt translators
- test new version on hardy, lucid for a new upload
- Analyize upgrade failure (broken metacity/compiz-gnoem)
- fix unicode/utf8 textwrap issues in ddtp upload (#552542)
- Apt-ddtp update, fix some utf8 issues (#445331)
- add check against invalid utf-8 and upload new ddpt translations
- debug/fix crash in apt-get source #556056
- talk about my two branches
- target #558429 to be sure it lands in time
clarify status on SeedManagement wiki page
- push lp:~mvo/launchpad/support-timeframe-kubuntu (+merge request)
- fix missing cache changes monitoring (LP: #432555)
- work with zyga to figure out some slowness issues
- review/merge lp:~gary-lasker/software-center/lp556995
- review/merge lp:~mmcg069/software-center/pathbar-atk
- profiling and making the UI nicer on long operations
- Work on software-center responsivness
- add experimental spinner when changing pages
- fix #556297
- merge branch lp:~kelemeng/gdebi/bug-554731
- cherry pick i18n fix for gdebi #554731
- Friendly-recovery: merge i18n fixes (#430926)
- Friendly-revoery: try to debug failure to run at all (#543580), not much success
- Debug/send ticket to fix #523714 (changelogs.ubuntu.com needs newer dpkg)
- Gdebi: fix issue with missing --auto-deconfigure
- Upload new compiz with fix for #428769
- GSoC: look at some proposals
- debugging thread deadlock without success
Scott James Remnant
- write a script to batch-load AMIs onto the ISO tracker; submitting 12
webforms by hand for the 12 different AMIs each time there's a respin is tedious
- Lucid Beta 2
fix wrong kernel load address in dove netboot image (541399)
- goffice: fix the upgrade path for libgoffice-0.8-8
- fglrx-installer: upgrade fix, i386 build fix
- kubuntu-logo plymouth theme: fix text placement to match ubuntu-logo
- mythbuntu-default-settings, lubuntu-artwork, ubuntustudio-look,
xubuntu-artwork: add deps on plymouth-label
- move plymouth deps around so metapackages don't pull in themes that
flavors don't want
- paw: fix for FTBFS
- plymouth: fix for initramfs-less systems; and fix initramfs hook script
for the case when only the text theme is installed (554566)