Jim Fisher (Jedijf)
Contact #:(636) 2-JEDI-JF (253-3453)
Married to Cynthia (Cindy)
Father of three (3) adult children
- Jordyn Taylor
- Feliciana Isabella
- Buffy (Maltese)
- Yoshi (Papillon)
- Leo (Yorkshire)
Started dabbling with computers in 1981, with a Timex/Sinclair Kit, and has been dabbling ever since as a hobbyist.
Lives with his family in Abington, PA.
Has been utilizing a mobile internet IRC connection for many years!
The cake is not a lie! Oreo Cake The Southeast PA Event Staple.
Summary: I am an Ubuntu advocate. I promote Ubuntu through all of my affiliations listed below. Not being a paid IT person, I can present Linux in a very informal fashion. I like to say the I am a Linux plumber, when I hack, you can see the crack of my ass. I am a salesman, and I love to perform. I am very passionate about Linux and Ubuntu.
Future aspirations: To continue to promote Ubuntu and involvement with Open Source to everyone I encounter. As Team Contact, to provide all the information to the PA team members so that they may promote Ubuntu as individuals, and as regions. To support all PA team member and region endeavors with the best of my abilities.
Contributions To Ubuntu
Current and Ongoing
- Took over PA Team Official Contact Position when original leader had to step down.
- Present and active in IRC. #ubuntu-us-pa
- Present and active in PA Forums
Mold my grand daughter, Jordyn, into an Ubuntu Women member
Past Accomplishments in Ubuntu
GROUPS and CLASSES
- 20100925 SFD @ PACS An installfest was held and Jim Fisher did the main presentation at PACS, "Zero to Linux in 45 Minutes" where he featured installing Ubuntu with Wubi
- 20100218: Millersville University: Open Options: Remix Computing with Open Source Software Event (Lancaster Region)
- Coordinated distribution of disks and stickers to be given out at the event.
- 20091031: Philadelphia Karmic Release Party (Philly / Southeast)
- 20091017: Table at Central Pennsylvania Open Source Conference (CPOSC) (Harrisburg/York/Lancaster Region)
- Sponsored Team
- 20090919: Software Freedom Day at PACS (Philly/Southeast Region)
- 20090502: Jaunty Release Party (Philly / Southeast)
- 20090221: Global Bug Jam
- Participated independently from home
- 20081206: Philadelphia NTR Imaging party (Philly / Southeast)
- 20080823 Ubuntu NJ LAN Party
- 20071028 Philly Gutsy Gibbon Release / Halloween Party (Philly / Southeast)
- 20070922 NJ Loco Farmers Market Event
- 20070915 Free Software Day Extravaganza (Philly / Southeast)
- 20070811 Free (as in freedom) BBQ August 11, 2007 (Philly / Southeast)
- 20070609: Dual-Boot PC Donation to Girls Inc (Philly / Southeast)
- Assisted with imaging and splash image
- 20070602: Ubuntu Install-Fest at Nonprofit Technology Resources (NTR) (Philly / Southeast)
- 20070519: Philadelphia Area Computer Society (PACS) Install-Fest Promo (Philly / Southeast)
20070428: Ubuntu LoCo PA Team Meeting (Philly / Southeast)
Name Email addy and comment please
When I was starting up the NJ LoCo team, Jim supported me every chance he got. When we held our first install fest, he drove all over creation flyering for us. He made it to every event he could; even when he couldn't, he'd stop by the day before with more bread than we could possibly eat.
Jim gave me the support I needed, and I gladly support his application for membership -- JoeTerranova
From David A. Harding <email@example.com>
Don't make Jim Fisher an Ubuntu member--that's not enough--make him Chief Ubuntu Evangelist. Before I met Jim in 2007, I thought I was a Linux enthusiast--but Jim's electrifying enthusiasm for Linux and Ubuntu blew me away. Compared to him, I'm a mere dabbler.
Jim doesn't care about Ubuntu--he cares about individual people. There isn't a problem he won't try to fix or a hack he won't spend a week working on just to make someone happy--and if he can't do it himself, he'll move heaven and earth to find someone who can.
This testimonial sucks because I can't describe in just a few words the numerous invaluable contributions Jim has made over the last five years to the Pennsylvania (PA) LoCo, the former New Jersey (NJ) LoCo, the Philadelphia (PA) LUG, the Cherry Hill (NJ) LUG, PACS Linux (PA), numerous other groups, and anyone who visits #ubuntu-us-pa or #ubuntu-us-nj. Jim Fisher has been invaluable to our local community--please give him his just desserts. --DavidAHarding