Main Inclusion Report for pywebkitgtk
Availability: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/p/pywebkitgtk; available for all supported architectures.
Needed for ubiquity on the live CD for the ubiquity-slideshow specification.
- Being Python bindings to a library, the package works out of the box without configuration.
- The package does not ask any debconf questions.
Maintenance in Debian is very active.
Upstream is very active.
- This package does not deal with hardware.
- There is a test suite, but it does not run on build.
- The Webkit GTK code uses gettext.
- As this is not an end-user application, it does not ship a desktop file.
- PyGTK, Webkit, and all the other dependencies are in main.
- Since we are syncing this package from Debian, minimal maintenance should be needed.
- The Debian and Ubuntu GNOME maintainers are responsible for this package.
The purpose of this application is to provide a Python API for the GTK WebKit code.
- The upstream name for this software is pywebkitgtk.
- Graphical applications built with the widgets this package provide are translatable.
MIR bug: https://launchpad.net/bugs/400179