The first meeting: held on March 20, 2007 at 17:00 EST in #ubuntu-us-ne on irc.freenode.net
Discuss goals for the team. We should work out some specific thing(s) we want to achieve. -- YuriyKozlov 2007-03-15 19:53:56
Do we need an IRC channel? Get someone to set one up. -- YuriyKozlov 2007-03-15 19:53:56
Do we need a forum? Get someone to set one up. -- YuriyKozlov 2007-03-15 19:53:56
If there are any logo ideas, let's pick one. -- YuriyKozlov 2007-03-15 19:53:56
Plan an in-person meeting. -- YuriyKozlov 2007-03-20 18:28:53
Notes and Results
- 6 members were present
- We will have our own IRC channel in #ubuntu-us-ma on irc.freenode.net (NOTE: the actual channel is now #ubuntu-massachusetts)
- At least for now, we won't have our own forum
- In-person meeting planned for 3/31
We will focus on getting (Ed)ubuntu into schools. MichaelSelva and mgomeztccs work at schools and are working on getting edubuntu labs set up. GoatTuber is also working on setting up an edubuntu lab at a Boston school. MichaelSelva offered that we visit his school and see the setup. We will try to help them out and then use their work as an example.
- In addition to the technical part of setting up and maintaining edubuntu, schools need a curriculum to work with the computers.
- We should get in touch with the Boston/MIT LUG
- We can help out with install-fests, or set up our own
- Set up a network for donating old PC's. According to Spitty, MIT already does something like this.