Ubuntu Team Philippines
Welcome to the website of the Ubuntu Team Philippines. The Philippine Team is made up of many members from around the country, with the goal of increasing awareness and use of Ubuntu in our country.
The Philippines (Filipino: Pilipinas), is an island nation located in Southeast Asia, with Manila as its capital city. The Philippine Archipelago comprises 7,107 islands in the western Pacific Ocean.
Four goals were discussed and agreed upon in the Team Meeting of 2005 Oct. 26. These are long-term goals which are achievable in 10 years or as long as it is valid. Specific short-term goals that are in line with these will be discussed in succeeding meetings.
- Spread GNU/Linux and FOSS in the Philippines using Ubuntu Goals
- Translate Ubuntu to Languages in the Philippines Goals
- Document Ubuntu Usage Patterns in the Philippines, and Provide Solutions and Support thereof
- Work with Other Communities in the Philippines
How to Join
Joining Ubuntu-PH is easy, you only need to do two things:
- Translate a project, Report a Bug, or Triage a Bug. Ubuntu is a community effort, and any form of contribution is very much welcome.
and Join the Philippines Team in Launchpad
The PhilippineTeam meets online on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 07:00 UTC (15:00 PHT) will be held in #ubuntu-ph on irc.freenode.net. Click here to see next meeting Agenda
This has been moved to its own section; see PhilippineTeam/News.
|/Agenda /ApprovalApplication /Archives /CebuanoTranslations /Logo /MeetingLogs /News /Projects /TeamReports /Translations|