April 2014 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- Meeting 2014-04-03
- Check in with Doc Team
- Meeting 2014-04-17
- Check in with IRC Council
Developer Membership Board
- Chair: Benjamin Drung
- Present: Benjamin Drung, Scott Kitterman (partially), Micah Gersten, Stéphane Graber
Review of previous action items
The discussion about "Review of previous action items" started at 19:27.
- stgraber to add the new DMB members, update the IRC bot, wiki, mailing-list subscriptions, IRC ACLs, ...
- This was all done, except updating the DMB-ping. Robert Wall was updating the DMB-ping when we discussed this action item.
Xubuntu packageset/MOTU application from Jackson Doak
The discussion about "Xubuntu packageset/MOTU application from Jackson Doak" started at 19:32.
Vote: Should Jackson Doak become MOTU?
- Motion denied (For/Against/Abstained 1/3/0)
Vote: Should Jackson Doak get upload rights to the Xubuntu packageset?
- Motion denied (For/Against/Abstained 1/1/2)
Vote: Should Jackson Doak get upload rights for catfish, gthumb, parole, and mugshot?
- Motion carried (For/Against/Abstained 4/0/0)
- Scott voted +1 after the meeting had finished.
Any other business
The discussion about "Any other business" started at 20:50.
- Next chair will be Brian Murray.
- #ubuntu-meeting: DMB, 7 Apr at 15:00 UTC
- Chair: Brian Murray
- Present: Scott Kitterman, Iain Lane, Dimitri Ledkov, Stephane Graber
Review of previous action items
All items have been done at this time.
Per Package Uploader Application: Benjamin Kerensa
Benjamin did not make it to the meeting.
Ubuntu Core dev application: Adam Stokes
The discussion about "Ubuntu Core dev application: Adam Stokes" started at 15:26.
Vote: Adam Stokes for Ubuntu Coredev (Carried with 4/0/1)
An update from the Forums Council for April 2014
The Forum Council gave an update on where we stand with regard to the new process for nominating forum members for moderator positions.
With only 2 self nominations and 4 nominations put forward by the council, the overall feeling was for polling to be abandoned this time around with the 6 current nominees appointed to the moderation team. Learning points to be appraised and the process revisited for next time around.
Full logs can be found here. http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2014/ubuntu-meeting.2014-04-06-20.01.log.html
Mobile Forum Theme
s-fox will contact Canonical IS with regard to improving the mobile theme of the forum.
Next Forum Council Meeting
FC to discuss meeting times for next 6 months (continue with first Sunday of the month).
Should you wish to add items to the agenda here is the link.
- Chair: Steve Langasek
- Attendees: Adam Conrad, Kees Cook, Marc Deslauriers, Stéphane Graber
- Apologies: Martin Pitt
- Review our current "provisional" Micro Release Exceptions
- [ACTION] slangasek to work with SRU team to get a list of how the provisional MREs have/haven't been used
Vote: ratification of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubuntu%20Kylin/Ubuntu%20Kylin%20Archive (Carried)
- (4 votes for, 0 against, 1 abstention)
- Chair for next meeting: Martin Pitt
Ubuntu Development Teams
- Released 14.04 LTS on April 17th
- Team Meetings
- Team Updates
- Wallpaper issues fixed - thanks to xnox
- IBus should be now dropped by default and not cause problems
- knome fixed the website archives
- xfce4-indicator-plugin patched and uploaded to start the indicators.
knome started writing the release annoucement/notes: http://pad.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu1404Final
- David Pires (slickymaster) is the new Xubuntu documentation lead
- Motion carried to cover pleia2's printing costs for Start Ubuntu flyers
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
17 April 2014 - KW Ubuntu Release Hour: A Release Party and Ubuntu Hour rolled into one!
- April 1st: irc meeting about what to do the next UGJ.
- April 5th: Ubuntu Global Jam in Barcelona.
- April 12th: Opened a ticket for upgrade to Trusty in Caliu (Catalan GNU/Linux Users) Ubuntu server.
- April 16th: irc meeting about speeches on next Ubuntu release party in Lleida.
German Kubuntu Team
- Software Design
- Ubuntu Weekly Topcis
- Ubuntu Weekly Recipe
- April 10, 2014 at 6:00PM PHT - Meeting
- Agenda: Team Reports and 14.04 Release Party Planing
- April 30, 2014 at 6:00PM onwards - Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr Release Party - Manila
* Ubuntu hour - lectures for beginners were held in Belgrade haklab, every Tuesday.
* On Thursday 17th April, Linux in practice was haled in Privredna Komora Beograda.
* On Monday 29th April, Ubuntu Install Day was held in Belgrade haklab.
* Preparation for May 1st Ubuntu Serbia barbecue gathering.
* On Saturday 5th, 12th, 19th 26th April, Administration team meeting was held.
South African Ubuntu team
Tue, 29 April: Monthly IRC Meet -- Minutes
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
- Ubuntu-touch workshop at "National Engineering School of Sousse"
- Participation in the international conference JCERTIF Tunisia at "National Engineering School of Sousse"
- Ubuntu Global Jam 14.04 at "Studies Institute Technology of Mahdia"
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
New York State Team
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Ubuntu NGO Team
Ubuntu Women Team
Team Meeting April 8th
- Hosted 6th Career Days session, this time with Laura Czajkowski, EMEA Community Manager for MongoDB
- Worked with mailing list admins to enable moderation on mailing list
- Svetlana Belkin and Elizabeth K. Joseph hosted an Ubuntu Open Week session on the Ubuntu Women project